The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, we glorify Richard the Lionheart.

Despite the fact he spent very little time , 6 months only,in England (he much preferred France) didn't speak much English, bled the country dry in taxes to fund his wars,failed in the crusade and got captured on his way home costing the country a kings ransom.......literally.
Oh and was buried in France.
His mum was a bit of alright though.

Whatever one thinks of this world cup, it beggars belief that someone thinks it is acceptable to go to an Arab country dressed as a crusader. I just can't understand what they are thinking.

If someone dressed as Moor came to Spanish GP no one would give a fuck.

Pathetically touchy. And the crusades went nowhere near Qatar which didn't even exist then ffs.

People are so trained to be woke its subconscious now.

If someone dressed as Moor came to Spanish GP no one would give a fuck.

Pathetically touchy. And the crusades went nowhere near Qatar which didn't even exist then ffs.

People are so trained to be woke its subconscious now.
Most people don't seem to care there. I was more referring to the type of person that dons the outfit in the first place.

It's nice to see that the Mexicans are keeping the Qatari police in check.

Gotta love the Mexicans... even if Trump doesn't! Even MORE reason to love em!

The issue isn't with individual people, players or not, Muslims or not.

The issue is the laws in Qatar.
From a Western society POV The laws are wrong but it's their laws and beliefs and we just have to accept that.

You may want to argue that they shouldn't have bid for the tournament but FIFA shouldn't have give it to them but we are where we are with this.

The people of Qatar have been brought up to believe a certain ideology, that's their belief and their culture and if you're going over there whilst in their country you just have to respect it, just like anywhere you go to.
This whole 'respect the hosts, and their beliefs' is BOLLOCKS when it's Middle Ages values like Qatar's...

Fine, if it's reasonable, but when the 'hosts' stone gays to death, and make women second class citizens, and subject their citizens to a 'rule by fear/or just buy their loyalty with obscene money' ...but I'm sorry, I CAN'T respect that...

If there was a CUNTry whose 'beliefs and culture' was to rape newborn babies until your rancid cock forces it's way out of that babies eyes... IF THAT was their culture, would we respect it?
Would every visitor be scouring the local Nurseries for the next baby to fuck, 'cos it was the local custom..??

OF COURSE FUCKING NOT!

But I assume if any foreign football fans wanna stone a gay to death in Qatar this month, it'll be ok...
JUST DON'T YOU DARE WEAR A RAINBOW TOP!

the funny thing is, most of these backwards cunts probably have sons who are fucking the rainbow out of the male migrant worker you've 'employed' to build your fucking blood stadia...

Unless they already died doing it, in which case your son is a GAY NECROPHILLIAC.... 'cos like it or not, after 18 years of your made up fairy god oppression, he's still gonna fuck him... just to spite you!

Most people don't seem to care there. I was more referring to the type of person that dons the outfit in the first place.

You've got to be pretty dumb to be out there in the first place. £200 quid a night to sleep in a shipping container or a tent. No alcohol, no playing footy in the 'fan zones' and you will get stoned to death if you get caught giving your mate a cheeky reacharound back in your cell.

So I can quite see why they would rock the crusader look.

From a Western society POV The laws are wrong but it's their laws and beliefs and we just have to accept that.

You may want to argue that they shouldn't have bid for the tournament but FIFA shouldn't have give it to them but we are where we are with this.

The people of Qatar have been brought up to believe a certain ideology, that's their belief and their culture and if you're going over there whilst in their country you just have to respect it, just like anywhere you go to.
And yet the South African regine taught their children apartheid for generations....

So tell me this; if you'd have traveled to South Africa anytime pre 1985, would you have been happy to hang a black, push him off a bus, or tell him he was a second class citizen, JUST cos that's what the country's rules were...?

Just cos it's law, doesn't make it right....

I'm gonna build me a time machine, travel back to 1940's Germany, and gas me some Jews.... ITS THE LAW OF THE LAND! who am I to disagree??

Qatar are a backwards nation, with a hard-on for Western capitalism... that's gotta mess with their homophobic, racist, misogynistic narrow minds!
But if that's what they believe in, who are WE to disagree!!

I think the issue is they aren't minding their own business. They've bribed their way into holding the best tournament on earth. If they don't want to welcome the world, they shouldn't have invited them with brown envelopes.
This^^^

the funny thing is, most of these backwards cunts probably have sons who are fucking the rainbow out of the male migrant worker you've 'employed' to build your fucking blood stadia...

Unless they already died doing it, in which case your son is a GAY NECROPHILLIAC.... 'cos like it or not, after 18 years of your made up fairy god oppression, he's still gonna fuck him... just to spite you!
Reminded me of When i was in Afghan, the locals who used to work on Camp as Translators or Just general pot washers used to have what got nick named as "man love Thursday!

It used to involve all the Men dancing around wearing hardly any clothes in there tents with the Younger men, who used to wear makeup for the evening! Now i'm not one to make assumptions, but quite often if you had a conversation with any of the locals they would often tell you how the women were for making babies and the Young men were for making love with! All i can say is its a good job none of them were gay or they might have got stoned to death, and not in a good Snoop dog way!

And yet the South African regine taught their children apartheid for generations....

So tell me this; if you'd have traveled to South Africa anytime pre 1985, would you have been happy to hang a black, push him off a bus, or tell him he was a second class citizen, JUST cos that's what the country's rules were...?

Just cos it's law, doesn't make it right....

I'm gonna build me a time machine, travel back to 1940's Germany, and gas me some Jews.... ITS THE LAW OF THE LAND! who am I to disagree??

Qatar are a backwards nation, with a hard-on for Western capitalism... that's gotta mess with their homophobic, racist, misogynistic narrow minds!
But if that's what they believe in, who are WE to disagree!!

This^^^

Sigh you've missed the point in all this.

Of course you have to accept it, if you're over in that country which is the point Andros is making - I'm not saying that you have to respect it from afar, obviously their laws are barbaric which I don't agree with at all. But like any country you abide by their rules and legislation otherwise you'll face the consequences.

Unfortunately we are here because a corrupt organisation decided to award a the World Cup to them purely because they were bribed, that's not the fault of the Qatari people or the citizens of that country who have grown up in a system to have certain beliefs...so if they have been programmed to believe that they will go to hell purely because of a certain ideology who are we to tell them any different?

I'm not trying to justify any of their beliefs by the way but I'm open mined enough to see where the other side are coming from.

These aren't reasonable examples, in my view. If we could take our modern-day values back in time, we could find a whole load of wrongs to right... everywhere. A white person living in or visiting South Africa circa 1985 would, unfortunately, have a different perspective on apartheid to the one we have today. Same goes for attitudes towards Jewish people in and around 1940.

A white person living in or visiting South Africa circa 1985 would, unfortunately, have a different perspective on apartheid to the one we have today.
Not quite.

This happened in 1985.

They were also banned from the Olympics in 1970

Richard the Lionheart really did get a good press from British history, whilst his truth is somewhat more chequered.

As mentioned above, he spent little time in England whilst King (around 6 months from 10 years), had issues with the Jewish London population (wasn't the only one, of course) - it's reported that on the day of his Coronation, he had 'thousands' of Jews killed in London - he really had little time for England was one of his quotes was that if he could sell London (to further fund his crusades), he would have.

All the above is simplified to a degree but here we often make the unfair comparison against his brother, King John/John of Lackland (as he was known - the last child in the family didn't get land inheritance and were generally expected to into the church). John was weak and far from perfect but populist history always makes Richard the hero and John the Villain, even in Disney cartoon form. The truth, as is often, somewhere away from the extremes.
Very interesting - thank you!

These aren't reasonable examples, in my view. If we could take our modern-day values back in time, we could find a whole load of wrongs to right... everywhere. A white person living in or visiting South Africa circa 1985 would, unfortunately, have a different perspective on apartheid to the one we have today. Same goes for attitudes towards Jewish people in and around 1940.
I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that, by 1940, even the most naive person in the world realized that gassing children to death was a no-no.
Similarly, by 1980, that subjugating 80%?of the population based on skin color was pretty inhumane. Surely, some values are universal?

Reminded me of When i was in Afghan, the locals who used to work on Camp as Translators or Just general pot washers used to have what got nick named as "man love Thursday!

It used to involve all the Men dancing around wearing hardly any clothes in there tents with the Younger men, who used to wear makeup for the evening! Now i'm not one to make assumptions, but quite often if you had a conversation with any of the locals they would often tell you how the women were for making babies and the Young men were for making love with! All i can say is its a good job none of them were gay or they might have got stoned to death, and not in a good Snoop dog way!

There's a famous Iraqi song sang to me by an Iraqi.

There is a boy across the river with an arse like a peach.
But alas I cannot swim.

Scans better in their language but means the same.

And the Crusades had the best of intentions. We were trying teach the heathens Christianity. Nothing purer in the world than that. If I was from that region I'd be more pissed off with a fan turning up to a game dressed up as a Gulf War Veteran. The Crusaders were pure of heart. Innocents doing the Lords' work.

Bloody Qataris can't take a joke shock.

We don’t just have to accept that though.

Or are you saying that we should just have accepted Hitler and the Nazis view on Jews?

Fuck just ‘accepting that’.

I will accept laws that don’t fundamentally breach human rights.

I think they'd been banned before 1970 but, in any event, I think my broader point still stands.
I don't think it does.

Yes , you can say that "back then" there were different values, slavery, Jewish progroms throughout the centuries etc etc.

The problem is that we're not "back then", we are here today and as a global community it is incumbent on us to speak out against injustices and archaic laws all over the world.

Back
Top Bottom