Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cant believe nobody has posted some sort of impressive stat about Eriksen from yesterday's game yet :eriksenserious: no pass accuracy/vital passes/dribbles completed stats? Anywhere?:townhmm:
Here's his chalkboard:
gZqs7B5.png

46/51 on passes with three chances created (light blue and yellow arrows). All seven crosses found no one, and four of five corners missed their mark as well. He recovered the ball six times (green cross), lost two aerial duels (orange carat).

I don't understand any comparisons to Modric.

Modric was an outstanding ball retention player - linking up play, providing options to players under pressure from their opponents, keeping things simple and making the game look easy. Funnily enough, probably the ideal AVB player.

Eriksen is the risk taker - the man that a Modric would seek to find in order to open up chances, split defences with a pass or take on a shooting opportunity. His no-look pass to Siggy was probably the most exciting thing I've seen in a Spurs shirt since... err... Bale. It was a moment of genius, and it's why he's more important than Lamela for the time being.

I'm very, very excited about Erkisen. He's about as Spursy a signing as it gets.

Although he looks like Gary Doherty from the back!

(I can't have been the only one to notice his premature bald spot???)

I can't help but feel you're abit of a div when it comes to football. Speaking the same language aint that important as long as the players understand the game and know how to move intelligently. Their eyes are far more important than their mouth, they have to beable see things unfold and have the vision to anticipate certain situations. Alot of people who play football still don't understand alot of aspects of the game. Communication on the footy pitch aint more than a handful of words either. The important thing is he can communicate fluently with the manager.

Everything here is correct, but falls short at the position of CAM especially in a top professional league. It's the position I played my entire life mate. Believe you me, communication on as many levels as possible is essential. I've played hours of football in Latin America with people who didn't speak a word of English who I could play along with just fine, but in a format with any more structure than it was I wouldn't have dreamed to play any sort of position that resembled a "string puller."

Back
Top Bottom