Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just back from game - long old day...would've seemed a hell of a lot long had we not scored that!

Thought Soldado was excellent today and actually thought Naughton was decent (given I rolled my eyes and threw my hands in the air when I found out he was in the team) but it needs to be Danny Rose or JV for the Chavs next week.

Thought their Korean, Kim, looked pretty tidy IMHO.
Their Korean looked good.

Plus since his arrival the number of stray dogs on the streets in Cardiff has halved

Soldardo created some great openings today and found good space - he looks good but needs to start scoring . Is it me or does Soldardo always shoot at the keeper.

Has far more intelligent movement than Defoe but yes, at the moment he seems to be aiming at the keeper a bit too often. I'm sure once he gets a few goals he'll be OK though.

article-0-1775BEF7000005DC-358_634x344.jpg
Best hands this side of the penalty area!

Has far more intelligent movement than Defoe but yes, at the moment he seems to be aiming at the keeper a bit too often. I'm sure once he gets a few goals he'll be OK though.
At the mo its not a problem especially if others score and we keep winning but it has to come to a time when he does needs to score (I'm wishing it every game, as I liking him so much). His movement is superb and that alone helps . I guess it early days as he has to make the transition. The early signs for me look good. His attitude is 100% Spurs.

Sprained my thumb and lost my slipper somewhere in the house after the goal went in. That was so awesome. :eriksenlol:

Lloris looked a little shambolic yesterday, especially when he gave away that corner from nothing. He actually tried to do something similar in the second half but got the ball. Don't understand why he won't let things go out for a goal kick.

Deserved the win but we are making hard work of games where in 3 months time I feel we will be far more prolific.

Got lucky with the disallowed goal, too...I don't see any foul there at all.

Have we kept four clean sheets in our opening five games in the past 34 years?

I thought Lloris was held for their disallowed goal, also, the bloke climbed all over Dawson to score the header, he had his hands on Dawson's shoulders and climbed over him to score.

At the mo its not a problem especially if others score and we keep winning but it has to come to a time when he does needs to score (I'm wishing it every game, as I liking him so much). His movement is superb and that alone helps . I guess it early days as he has to make the transition. The early signs for me look good. His attitude is 100% Spurs.

Also a massive improvement is how unselfish he is, celebrating when others score instead of putting his head down and thinking about how that was one missed for his personal tally... maybe that is being a bit harsh on Defoe but he really pisses me off sometimes with his shooting.

I thought Lloris was held for their disallowed goal, also, the bloke climbed all over Dawson to score the header, he had his hands on Dawson's shoulders and climbed over him to score.

Definitely, but on another day it could have been given by a less mindful ref, and all from a corner that he really didn't need to concede.

Also a massive improvement is how unselfish he is, celebrating when others score instead of putting his head down and thinking about how that was one missed for his personal tally... maybe that is being a bit harsh on Defoe but he really pisses me off sometimes with his shooting.

You arent being harsh you are being a fucking idiot, as for the selfish thing, what about the other night when he was on a hatrick and was on the left and could easily have shot but instead crossed for lamela?

Lloris looked a little shambolic yesterday, especially when he gave away that corner from nothing. He actually tried to do something similar in the second half but got the ball. Don't understand why he won't let things go out for a goal kick.

I think he got a bit flustered after getting away with the handball, he had a few sneaky looks at the linesman.

Guys. Rumor has it, defoe chucked a tevez. He was upset soldado was chosen ahead of him after scoring a brace in europa. Avb decided not to play him, due to defoe's lack of respect of his rotation

Not long in from the game. Fucking quality. Took over pubs on the high road, rocked the Walkabout, took the piss on the way to the ground. Scenes when the goal went in.

Train home was fucking shit. No air con, no food and drink service and delayed 40 mins.

All in all, worth it.

That fucking train home. Felt like I was melting.

What has happened to Cardiff? Proper shit fans.

When Paulinho scored. :sandroscream:

Back
Top Bottom