Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s not reasonable to me that any top manager isn’t going to realize this. The most logical explanation is that the managers realize Kane is valuable to tottenham and are doing their best to accommodate him.

Lets say that is true.... That still doesn't transpose to the same assertion you made about Son & PEH.

Our players didn’t turn up vs Milan. Nothing tactical there, they just didn’t get off the bus. I’ve never seen such a lack of spirit in a CL knockout game - it was truly spineless & pathetic.

Personally I think that was what had Conte so angry, and then throwing away the points vs Southampton was the straw which broke the camels back.
The players not only turned up they followed their managers instructions - it was 100% tactical
Just look at Porto’s efforts against inter, like us they went out 1-0 on aggregate drawing the 2nd home leg 0-0 but they had a proper go peppering the inter goal and desperately unlucky to go out - what do we do? 2 shots on target in 180 minutes - with 12 minutes left needing a goal to stay in the competition we take off an attacker for a CB - 100% tactical and on conte

The players not only turned up they followed their managers instructions - it was 100% tactical
Just look at Porto’s efforts against inter, like us they went out 1-0 on aggregate drawing the 2nd home leg 0-0 but they had a proper go peppering the inter goal and desperately unlucky to go out - what do we do? 2 shots on target in 180 minutes - with 12 minutes left needing a goal to stay in the competition we take off an attacker for a CB - 100% tactical and on conte

They did it under the last coach and will do it under the next coach eventually. Top players don’t need a manager to motivate them for CL games.

This squad needs to be purged of the weak, mediocre footballers who still start week in, week out. I don’t need to name names. Most know who I mean.

He threw the Sheffield United game. Perhaps he is just not capable enough in the champions league against superior coaches.
I disagree mate. The players we put on against Sheff Utd were more than enough to beat them. Remember when we used to say our reserves should take those opportunities to push for a first team spot? It seems they are fine with the reserve status whilst taking their paychecks.

Against Milan I still think it was a narrow loss against a good team. Maybe we should have won but people act as if we’re miles better than Milan.

They did it under the last coach and will do it under the next coach eventually. Top players don’t need a manager to motivate them for CL games.

These same stale faces who are purported to be dragging the club down managed to get to a CL final so evidently they're not entirely un-motivated by the prospect of CL knockout games.......

Against Milan I still think it was a narrow loss against a good team. Maybe we should have won but people act as if we’re miles better than Milan.

They had been in a dreadful form in the league for some time and mostly poor-to-mediocre throughout their CL run too.

Yet Conte insisted that they were miles better than us.......... That we shouldn't be expected to compete with them.

These same stale faces who are purported to be dragging the club down managed to get to a CL final so evidently they're not entirely un-motivated by the prospect of CL knockout games.......

Many of that team have declined or left since, that was our little last hurrah.

Many of that team have declined or left since, that was our little last hurrah.

......But the old guard are the ones that stand accused of bringing the negative baggage..... You yourself said that even Kane should be part of the proverbial clean slate

One is still left wondering who the "selfish" players are....... Sadly, I doubt Conte will have took time to empart this 'information' upon Levy in their crunch talks.

They had been in a dreadful form in the league for some time and mostly poor-to-mediocre throughout their CL run too.

Yet Conte insisted that they were miles better than us.......... That we shouldn't be expected to compete with them.
If I remember correctly, Conte said something like Milan have more experience and history in this competition than us which is correct, remember how we crashed against Juventus a few years ago after we dominated them. I don’t think Juventus were better than us at that point, but they were more experienced and knew how to play it out. Probably not the best example, but you get the point.

If I remember correctly, Conte said something like Milan have more experience and history in this competition than us which is correct,

If their current manager can get them to channel the spirit of Maldini, why can't Conte get us to channel the spirit of our past heroes?

He claimed that Spurs "never" compete for titles or trophies and implied that beating AC was beyond us...... The hard fact of the matter is I have experienced all those things in the not too distant past.

(FWIW; I still think his utterly piss weak comments reflecting on our shit triple-fail week of Sheff/Wolves/Milan were worse than his meltdown after the S"oton game......... My only major grievance on Saturday was that it was not in the name of the club; just self-preservation and blatant call to be sacked.)

remember how we crashed against Juventus a few years ago after we dominated them. I don’t think Juventus were better than us at that point, but they were more experienced and knew how to play it out. Probably not the best example, but you get the point.

I get your point; but there's a big difference between knocking a top end Juve to the canvas only to still lose the fight on a points decision and the limp affair that was our tie against a mediocre-at-best AC team.

How did PEH play ? Was he at fault for the loss ?
No he was perfect it's always everyone else fault between him and Eric Dier they can always point you to where the problem lies. Keep playing this actor for another half dozen managers because something about never injured. Eventually even the really thick ones will wake up to him, but my guess is the Danish FA realises sooner than our mugs...

Back
Top Bottom