Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a team player? He only scores goals?

The guy makes so many intelligent runs off the ball, fruitlessly, but he resets and does it again, and again, and again.

He may not be suited to the way City play... Yet, but he's a team player all day long.

Get in a creative midfielder and I'd swap him with Kane, though it would hurt losing Kane.

Haaland is the type of player that, at his age particularly, you build a team that fits around him. When he gets the right kind of service, he's unstoppable.

I'd take their hand off at the shoulder for £90M, and I'd drive Kane to Manchester myself if a swap were on the cards.

I'd drive Kane to Manchester myself if a swap were on the cards.

You'd be crazy not to at their respective ages, but if you were to offer us ten years of what we've had from Kane vs 10 years of maybe from Haaland. I'll stick with Harry...... Careful of them sliding doors an' all that.

You'd be crazy not to at their respective ages, but if you were to offer us ten years of what we've had from Kane vs 10 years of maybe from Haaland. I'll stick with Harry...... Careful of them sliding doors an' all that.
You won't get me arguing with that, but we're talking about Kane arguably just edging past his peak, whilst Haaland still has around 5 years before he gets there. Over the next few years, Kane will decline somewhat, whilst Haaland will improve.

He's on track for 40-50 goals this season and there's still room for improvement! The guy is a freak of nature.

As much as I Love Kane and the fact that he's been superb for nigh on a decade, swapping him for Haaland would be in the best interest of the club, IMHO anyway.

Not that it would ever happen if course.

wYQLwqN.jpg

THIS USELESS BUNCH OF CUNTS.

SPEND FUCKING BILLIONS. RUIN THE LEAGUE. DOMINATE THE DOMESTIC CUPS. ALL WHILE BENDING THE FFP RULES LIKE A PRETZEL.

THEN SIGN HAALAND WHO SCORES 30 LEAGUE GOALS IN 29 GAMES.

AND STILL THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO FINISH BEHIND WOOLWICH. TWATS.

I HOPE THEY NEVER WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND HAALAND GOES TO MADRID RATHER THAN STAY UP THERE IN SHITTY FUCKING MANCHESTER.

FUCKING WASTERS. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB AND CHEAT YOUR WAY TO THE LEAGUE FFS.

THIS USELESS BUNCH OF CUNTS.

SPEND FUCKING BILLIONS. RUIN THE LEAGUE. DOMINATE THE DOMESTIC CUPS. ALL WHILE BENDING THE FFP RULES LIKE A PRETZEL.

THEN SIGN HAALAND WHO SCORES 30 LEAGUE GOALS IN 29 GAMES.

AND STILL THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO FINISH BEHIND WOOLWICH. TWATS.

I HOPE THEY NEVER WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND HAALAND GOES TO MADRID RATHER THAN STAY UP THERE IN SHITTY FUCKING MANCHESTER.

FUCKING WASTERS. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB AND CHEAT YOUR WAY TO THE LEAGUE FFS.
Calm down mate, eat some chocolate.

So I read this morning that City are frontrunners to sign Bellingham next season.

Does that mean that all their FFP scandals have just disappeared? There was all this talk about how they could be relegated back down to league 2 and how they'll get fined to oblivion.

And now papers are just nonchalantly reporting that they're looking to strengthen in the summer and buy Jude Bellingham. It will probably get financially reported that he only cost them 30 mil or something?

What happend to their punishment?

The media have all forgotten about it?

So I read this morning that City are frontrunners to sign Bellingham next season.

Does that mean that all their FFP scandals have just disappeared? There was all this talk about how they could be relegated back down to league 2 and how they'll get fined to oblivion.

And now papers are just nonchalantly reporting that they're looking to strengthen in the summer and buy Jude Bellingham. It will probably get financially reported that he only cost them 30 mil or something?

It's gonna take years before a legal verdict will be reached. Then expect another year or two of appeals if a guilty verdict is found.

It's gonna take years before a legal verdict will be reached. Then expect another year or two of appeals if a guilty verdict is found.

The final impact of it all will be somewhere between minimal and non-existent.

Let's face it; money is no object and doing a ret-con on any titles 15-20 years after the fact will be meaningless.

...In the meantime; it's just yesterday's chip paper already. Has a damn word been muttered in the media or on fan platforms after the news last dropped? Even if they are optically obliged to cut their cloth accordingly as they move forward; Frankenstein has already been build. They will continue to be in the market for all the elite players.

It is suggested that Citeh's counsel, my old pupilmaster David Pannick KC, costs more per day than a good many Premier League players. DP is worth the money, because he is super good at his job, and especially given the size of the stakes that Citeh are playing for. In some legal disputes, the numbers at stake are so huge that the cost of even the most expensive lawyer becomes an almost invisible item in the accounts. Alas, I have not prospered in my career quite as much as Lord Pannick has. Aged 66, he is still the Golden Booted star striker for (Almost) Unbeatable FC.

I have lost touch with DP in the last few years (I went on a free transfer to another chambers) and cannot now recall whether he is a Gooner or a Chelsea fan. I think Chelsea. Although he is the son of a North London cab driver and is Jewish he's not a Spurs fan. He was born in Islington, but I'm not sure that he supports Woolwich. Among his rivals in the football law Premier League, Nick de Marco KC supports Spam, and Jane Mulcahy KC is a Gooner. I used to do a bit of football law back in the day, but haven't been in that game for a while. A pity - it's fun work and it pays well.

EDIT: I was wrong, DP is a loyal Gooner, which makes sense for the son of a cabbie from Islington. I don't know why I thought he was a Chelsea fan.

Last edited:

There can be no punishment unless and until liability is established. Citeh face regulatory proceedings (not criminal charges or, at this stage, a civil law suit). Depending on what the regulator decides, there could potentially be some High Court litigation. The criminal law would only be engaged if criminal fraud or whatever is said to have occurred. Financial shenanigans and cheating of the kind alleged against Citeh will usually be dealt with by the regulatory processes of the sport's governing bodies.

The final impact of it all will be somewhere between minimal and non-existent.

Let's face it; money is no object and doing a ret-con on any titles 15-20 years after the fact will be meaningless.

...In the meantime; it's just yesterday's chip paper already. Has a damn word been muttered in the media or on fan platforms after the news last dropped? Even if they are optically obliged to cut their cloth accordingly as they move forward; Frankenstein has already been build. They will continue to be in the market for all the elite players.
I would be surprised if they weren't found guilty. But only after fucking years to kicking the can down the road.

What I have very little faith in is the punishment. Whatever it will be will not be enough. More so, I bet if you add up all their prize money earnings off the back of their corruption it will show other clubs that crime pays. e.g Leicester was found guilty of breaking FFP when in Championship and ended up settling with a £3.1m fine!!!! promotion to the PL earned them £100m alone! This isn't a deterrent, it's actually an incentive!

I would be surprised if they weren't found guilty. But only after fucking years to kicking the can down the road.

What I have very little faith in is the punishment. Whatever it will be will not be enough. More so, I bet if you add up all their prize money earnings off the back of their corruption it will show other clubs that crime pays. e.g Leicester was found guilty of breaking FFP when in Championship and ended up settling with a £3.1m fine!!!! promotion to the PL earned them £100m alone! This isn't a deterrent, it's actually an incentive!

Crime does pay:

City (a decade of dominance), Chavs (Academy has earned them a fortune vs a 6 month trf ban) & Lester (promotion & EPL title win).

Only thing is if City have 100 charges and even get just 25 of that guilty and are given a slap on the wrist every club will conclude the rules are worthless and if any club futher down the line gets harsh punishment it will look so absurd it will break the league. In effect this case confirms if the rules even exist at all in any meaningful sense.

I really don't think anything is going to happen to them do you?

Too much time will have passed and the relevant parties will all have been "wined and dined" to the extent that all will be forgiven.

I have no idea whether or not Citeh will be found to have broken the rules. If they are, I would expect that, having regard to what has happened to other clubs whose main fault has been to run out of money (eg Leeds and Rangers), then City will get a fairly stiff penalty and might be forced to drop down and claw their way back up. Reading about the rapid way in which Rangers did this is quite interesting (well, to me, anyway).

The panel that will decide City's fate is presided over by a respected Silk called Murray Rosen KC. He is independent, fair, experienced, and rigorous. He is, by the way, a Woolwich fan but that won't affect his judgment.

I really don't think anything is going to happen to them do you?

Too much time will have passed and the relevant parties will all have been "wined and dined" to the extent that all will be forgiven.
I honestly don't see how they can't be found guilty. They have never once denied any of the emails of theirs that blatantly show them cooking up the commercial activities (and these are just the original Der Spiegel piece, there are scores of other stuff they have been accused of by the PL), their defence thus far has been to say "the emails were obtained illegally".

If the PL want to sell a fantastic product and therefore continue to sell worldwide and continue to grow the money they take then City would actually be a threat to that. City are just too dominant, this makes for a shit contest (to have the same team win every single year, it's not competitive, yet it's sold as competitive). It's honestly in their interest to penalise the fuck out of them. Demote them, take away their titles, fine them and then distribute that money to the rest of the league.

But there just isn't anything that predates this where clubs have ever been appropriately penalised for their crimes. Arguably the ban on English clubs following Heysel Stadium was appropriate, those fans from the other Clubs other than Liverpool would argue otherwise with some justification, but the penalty was severe and completely appropriate when taking into account that nearly 50 people were killed. And was the begging of getting hooliganism out of football (another debate entirely but the way this was actually done was largely wrong IMO).

But yeah, I've zero confidence that they will end up with a big fine but one that still shows that it was worth every penny because they still benefited from doing it.

One fundamental thing that I don't understand is why would they bother to cook the books the way they did. Why not just do what Abramovich did and just pump their money in under a loan?

Back
Top Bottom