Where did this season go wrong?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stamp one’s feet?

Figure of speech... Get angry etc.

Some trfs don't get done for legitimate reason.

.......Contest that basic fact all you like.

ENIC want to avoid being held accountable for not getting it done when it comes to the football team.

Can't say I've heard/read ENIC make comment about the trfs we were discussing tbh......

Figure of speech... Get angry etc.

Some trfs don't get done for legitimate reason.

.......Contest that basic fact all you like.

Can't say I've heard/read ENIC make comment about the trfs we were discussing tbh......

Sacking managers is avoiding the blame for not providing the squad what it needs to win i.e., sacking Poch when the squad got burnt out from 2 transfer windows with 0 new players?

and what was the real reason that 2 TW passed with no players?

Club didn't want to pay going rate for the quality of player that actually improved that squad.

Much easier to avoid taking blame for that so fire the best manager of the last 40 years.

Wankers.

Btw, I'm typing this very calmy. One is not stomping ones feet. My fingers are passing over the keyboard like a butterfly stepping quietly out of your mum's bedroom after giving her one.

Sacking managers is avoiding the blame for not providing the squad what it needs to win i.e., sacking Poch when the squad got burnt out from 2 transfer windows with 0 new players?

Club didn't want to pay going rate for the quality of player that actually improved that squad.

Much easier to avoid taking blame for that so fire the best manager of the last 40 years.

Wankers.

Btw, I'm typing this very calmy. One is not stomping ones feet. My fingers are passing over the keyboard like a butterfly stepping quietly out of your mum's bedroom after giving her one.

Mate, you've turned a comment about the availability of two specific players into a full fat, multi-post, everything rant about the owners whilst descending into mum-gags.

.....'Calm' or otherwise; it's massively out of proportion.

Conte/Levy was the main problem. Stubborn and petty as hell...

1.Conte's system this season killed our wingers. None of them performed....

2.Kane who was scoring and creating has now reverted a pure striker with no creator in the midfield..... (Although he is still scoring which is amazing)

3.Our CB's are crap, Levy didn't buy any competent defenders offseason and still relying on Dier.....

4. Our wingbacks are crap.

5. Our midfields crap.

6. Bench is crap.

Everything is crap.

This season is by far lowest Spurs have been in awhile...

Fuck you Levy.
I don't think all of our players are crap. CBs are bad, all of them even Romero despite what other Spurs fans say, he's awful for Spurs this season.

Hojbjerg and Bentancur are good and have had good seasons. They just do not fit your roles they are being put in but both have been two of our better players this season. Skipp and Sarr have rarely been given chances until later in the season but they also do not fit the formation used.

Kulu and Richy are good but have had injuries and Richy playing out of position. Son has been misused.

Emerson is improving but he's not a natural wing back, he's a good defender learning how to attack.

Perisic and Sess have been awful.

Lloris has been awful.

Overall, I would say players have either been played out of position or not used enough more than players just being crap.

Wankers.

Was the last comment really necessary?

You saying if we offer 50 million plus 100k per week for Bremer that he would say No? In Italy he is earning 85k. He'd probably have jumped for it. Not high by UK League winning team standards at all.

Levy doesn't want to pay "Decent wages". If you pay peanuts, you attract Monkeys.

No excuses. We want to be top 4. We have to pay top 4 money. Instead of investing in a housing project and art gallery, he should've invested in match winning players of the managers choice.

Family commitments hence Italy was his choice.

So you are 100% wrong. Again.

Didn't want to go to PL to Spurs or any other PL team or elsewhere in europe despite offers

Family commitments hence Italy was his choice.

So you are 100% wrong. Again.

Didn't want to go to PL to Spurs or any other PL team or elsewhere in europe despite offers

Wasn't there some kind of thing about him needing to stay in Italy to ensure he was granted a passport?

(Or was that some other CB that was chatted about last summer?)

You saying if we offer 50 million plus 100k per week for Bremer that he would say No? In Italy he is earning 85k. He'd probably have jumped for it. Not high by UK League winning team standards at all.

Levy doesn't want to pay "Decent wages".

We have 8 players being paid 100kpw or more.

We have no idea who did or didn't want to move. We get some reports that may or may not be true.

Make a list of top CB targets. Do what it takes to sign one of them.

Clubs that are genuinely ambitious don't tolerate the lack of quality CBs that we have had for years.

Romero is the only quality CB the club have signed permanently in YEARS.

The excuses are a joke.

IF NO CB'S MOVE ITS A GOOD TO ANY CLUB (DESPITE SEVERAL OTHE£R CLUBS WANTING CB'S) THEN IT CLEARLY IS NOT ONLY A SPURS PROBLEM.

Similar issue with RWB's last summer

Despite the best efforts of TFC the sum total of good RWB's ....... was Hakimi at PSG who might move for 80m ........ all other ideas knocked back by about 90% of TFC posters.

Hence Spence with 2 seasons in Championship (probably 4th or 5th best league in europe after PL, German, Italian and maybe French) with 3 FA cup ties against PL clubs Woolwich, Leicester and Liverpool, and not looking out of place, looked a decent prospect. Probably confirmed by being RWB with Rennes as they best PSG with Mbappe and Messi 2-0 in Paris.

Conte desperate for Porro (THREE times Spence cost) with same issues as Spence, being great going forward not so good tracking back or defensively. And we now know Porro is a work in progress as RWB.

Fact to take away - the transfer market is an illiquid market, not that many top players available in any window, and plenty of suitors competing with Spurs. So set your expectations realistically.

Wasn't there some kind of thing about him needing to stay in Italy to ensure he was granted a passport?

(Or was that some other CB that was chatted about last summer?)

Yes something of the sort - either he or wife born in south america (Brazil ?) and needed several years residence in Italy to get Italy passport.

Sadly beyond the comprehension of some fans brains that players have personal lives and do not always respond to money/wages.

I mean if we wind up 8th having been 4th when Conte was sacked, I think the titular question of this thread will become rather clear wouldn't you?

It's really stunning how cavalier Levy has become about burning down his carefully laid plans.
We were a distant 5th in points per game. Closer to brighton than either United or Newcastle.

Underrated take. This is almost certainly the main reason. The crazy fixture schedule took its toll
Affected everybody equally.

The way Spurs treat the cups and give preferential status to certain members of the squad, exacerbated by Conte's (and Poch's, if you remember) bizarre reluctance to substitute until self-defeatingly late in games adds up to Spurs handling fixture congestion worse than anybody else. Drives me mental.

Back
Top Bottom