Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Following the appointment of Ryan Mason as Acting Head Coach, we can now confirm Ryan's coaching staff.

Ryan will be joined by our former Academy player and coach Matt Wells (Acting Assistant Head Coach) and current Academy coach Nigel Gibbs (Acting First Team Coach), alongside Perry Suckling (First Team Goalkeeping Coach) and Gianni Vio (Set Pieces Coach), who continue their existing roles.

Matt Wells is grandson of Cliff Jones - a couple of years ago possibly the most capable coach for Spurs u18's (over 80% win rate) we have had recently before going to Fulham briefly and the to act as Assistant Head Coach to Scott Parker at Bournemouth and Club Brugges

Last edited:
Good words. Good to see someone in charge who will get it and would have likely felt just as pissed off as we all did watching that mess at the weekend.

Would love to see some academy players on the bench and actually get some minutes on Thursday. Especially Devine.

I do find it funny that I got more disagrees (not complaining about them just making a point) because I had the audacity to suggest that Mason may be a real candidate if he does well in the games he manages. If I put a candidate forward that had played in a PL academy, and then went on to play in 70 PL matches, served as the head of academy coaching of a PL team, and coached under Conte and Mourinho, most people would say he's worth a look. But instead all anyone wants to say is "Mason's Mates". He's given his entire life to Spurs. I highly doubt he'd use players that he didn't think would give the team the best chance to win.

Back
Top Bottom