Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He played further up at the beginning of the season and he isn't comfortable there. He's so much better at sitting back and spreading the ball around. That's why he's been playing so well the past few games. He's actually playing his best position. He's very underrated at his long balls but they are almost always right on the money. He's great defensively and he is great at moving the ball forward. People need to get it in their head that he won't get many assists or goals, much like Modric. That doesn't change the fact that he's great at his job. If you think he had a poor game today then you need to reevaluate everything because he was immense.

Last edited:
@ pdxspur pdxspur How many of those completed passes were forward and in the final third?

thats not his job nor his strenght , he is a ball winner and brings calmness to the team - he was sloppy and looked off pace beginning of the season but he is regaining his confidence and form. Yesterday he did his job very well. He allows the players around him to roam more freely whereas he is very disciplined and playes percentages , i hoped he would be more attacking because he has the feet and speed for it but i think the pressure of creating is not cut out for him. Its a shame in a way but very good in another way , as a defensive midfield player he's very good and i think AVB knows what he has in Moose , plays him almost always.

I thought Dembelé was our best player yesterday.

Recycled possession well and rarely misplaced a pass as well as getting stuck in. That was his role in the game and he did it to perfection.

I was a massive fan of his last season, will be interesting to see how AVB can fit him in when everyone is fit. Sandro surely will be starting soon and Paulinho was brought in to the team to provide goals among other things, and I can't see Eriksen spending much time on the bench

Crazy to think we could have the likes of him, Capoue and Holtby on the bench!

Glad he got 90 mins yesterday without another injury!
Can't see him being risked tomorrow... save him for the cauldron of Saturday!!

At the risk of making this thread sound like a broken record, I must concur. Dembele is so good with the ball at his feet. It's just unbelievable.

He is a freak of nature at times. That bit on about 87 minutes when he literally dribbled through 4 Chelsea players made me crisis, badman.
20090311211352-completa-crisis.gif

Back
Top Bottom