Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol 07.11.13 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also I imagine you have a different gravitational pull down there, which keeps the paper floating around much longer... either that or it's wind powered!

Mate to be honest it stumps me as well, my only guess would be 'soccer' in AUS kinda caught on late, after the other popular sports like league, union and AFL were established and in an effort to distinguish themselves chose 'soccer'... The A-league use to be called the NSL- national soccer league....think they stole the idea off the yanks who also had there own established codes...

Yeh I'm from out parramatta way....

AFL is from Victoria, league and union are popular in the eastern states(NSW, QLD).. Difference between league and union supporters, league is working class and union supporters tend to be white and rich..
Tell Manly RLFC they are working class and they will give you the bird!!

Well done to everyone involved with 1882!

Games like this used to be a nightmare for those of us who take pride in having a good atmosphere at The Lane. Now it's the opposite

Last edited:
You even been down to brookie oval on a Sunday mate??? Ur right my mistake, rich ppl acting working class....lol
That's why they are called the silver-tails and not liked by all other league clubs. And they don't live in the Western suburbs?

The continuous singing to Lewis Holtby as he warmed up was quality. The guy nearly tripped over his own grin! :)

Genuinely heart warming to see that wasn't it?

In an era when lots of us can become jaded by the corporate football machine wasn't it great to see a bloke who is loving what he does and enjoying every second of it.

That's why they are called the silver-tails and not liked by all other league clubs. And they don't live in the Western suburbs?
Tbh you go for a team and hate every1 else...ur spot on though they r called the silver tails, I hate them and there not from the western suburbs...

Yesterday was only the 3rd time I've missed an 1882 event, they're truly special. But can someone explain what happened to Holtby and interacting with crowd or something?

Yesterday was only the 3rd time I've missed an 1882 event, they're truly special. But can someone explain what happened to Holtby and interacting with crowd or something?

We were signing for a wave, which, of course he done.
We then asked for a song (obviously he couldn't!).

The whole time we were chanting at him he had the biggest grin you have ever seen.

We were signing for a wave, which, of course he done.
We then asked for a song (obviously he couldn't!).

The whole time we were chanting at him he had the biggest grin you have ever seen.

Thanks for the reply. Brilliant, I want it to come real goof for him this season. You can tell he's an honest guy. humble and just loves the team he plays for.

Quality night as usual.
Some fella I see at away games got nicked last night. He was 2 rows in front of me and I couldn't see him do a thing wrong. As I was leaving he was getting carted out, asked a steward why they're doing that, got told it's 'police business'.

Saw more than one person get taken away by the police. Real bullshit.

Also for the most part the stewards were great last night and super friendly. Couple of dicknecks but thats to be expected.
In their defense they probably expected a nice quiet Euro game with families and instead what they got meant they had to work all bloody night. My heart bleeds for them
:dude:

I was desperately trying to get this one going, but seems that not many know the words.

He's got a massive cock, he has, the Jan, the Jan
He tucks it in his football sock the Jan, the Jan
He swings his cock around his head
He shagged his bird and now she's dead
Jan Vertonghen
Tottenham's number 5
La la la la la....

Beats 'Super Jan' or 'He came from Amsterdam' by a country mile!

that was the one. i could only really make out the tucks it in his football sock line and thought the ending was tottenham's superman. there was another one i can't really remember but it was long oooos to quite a well known tune

Gawd bless ya Guv'nor!

Yes, that was me, but it wouldn't be fair to take credit for the Capoue/Scooby Doo song, I was merely starting it back up when it seemed to fizzle out to the left of me! V.funny whoever came up with that!

The Harry Kane/Happy Days Is ALL my own work though!!
It got another airing at the end when, if I'm not mistaken, we were being HELD BACK like away fans!
Original credit for the Capoue song goes to @ SanDiegoYiddo SanDiegoYiddo , but I'm proud to say that it was me that got it started last night, thanks for keeping it going.
Love the Happy Days song, if Kane starts against Anzhi (as he should) then we've gotta get it going a lot more!

Original credit for the Capoue song goes to @ SanDiegoYiddo SanDiegoYiddo , but I'm proud to say that it was me that got it started last night, thanks for keeping it going.
Love the Happy Days song, if Kane starts against Anzhi (as he should) then we've gotta get it going a lot more!

well 'PROPS' (I tink dat's wat dem kidz say?) to @ alexwooty alexwooty and @ SanDiegoYiddo SanDiegoYiddo in that case! Top hole dear boys, top hole!

And yes, the next Harry Kane appearance should hopefully see it given another airing!

...and if you need a song-sheet, its':

Sunday-Monday, Harry Kane,
Tuesday-Wednesday, Harry Kane,
Thursday-Friday, Harry Kane,
The weekend comes,
He plays for Spurs,
(or 'he scores goals' depending on your levels of optimism!)
Wearing White and Bluuuuuuuue!I

This Harry Kane is yours and mine
Oh Harry Kane (OH HARRY KANE)
This Harry Kane is yours and mine

This Harry Kane is yours and my Harry Kane!!!

A 'Hurri' Kane warning if you will...

Back
Top Bottom