Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For football. Could think of nothing worse
The sad thing is though mate, there is too much money in VAR from them to scrap it now what with most likely big contracts signed up.

It's difficult with reviews, but maybe it would mean the game wouldn't be getting micromanaged from people in an office. At least with teams having reviews it would limit what went on and would be the responsibility of the captain.

The sad thing is though mate, there is too much money in VAR from them to scrap it now what with most likely big contracts signed up.

It's difficult with reviews, but maybe it would mean the game wouldn't be getting micromanaged from people in an office. At least with teams having reviews it would limit what went on and would be the responsibility of the captain.

I don't watch cricket but surely the reviews and all decisions are still conducted by refs and officials? ......If so i can't see that this solves anything.

VAR isn't the problem; it's the staff & implementation and the fact that they're making stupid rule tweaks to accommodate it.

I don't watch cricket but surely the reviews and all decisions are still conducted by refs and officials? ......If so i can't see that this solves anything.

VAR isn't the problem; it's the staff & implementation and the fact that they're making stupid rule tweaks to accommodate it.
Yeah the review system does work much better in cricket, I guess because it's less subjective. In international cricket each team has three reviews, which means they can either review a decision themselves if not giving by the umpire or challenge an umpires call. There are occasions where the 'on field' decision will over rule the technology, mostly in regards to LBW. If a team gets the correct decision, the review is retained. Similar to tennis.

I do agree with your second point, the people who run VAR are morons but I think this is because there is a massive overload on what's expected of them now. As fans we are confused, let alone how officials process everything (not that I'm defending them).

I mean there’s your argument and it’s fine. There’s a debate

But for me i couldnt tolerate more interference

My hope is that var gets honed to be less intrusive and less dependent on human error

Last edited:
Interesting article. I wondered if this might happen and they victim too close to the sun and it loses it's effect.

I expect Neville to start winding his neck in soon too if he hasn't already. His clear hatred for Spurs (which I personally love) means him wanking off the dippers won't play well with his plastic supporter base.
neville is backtracking because the United fanbase themselves have questioned his commentary and bias for Pool in that game.

Back
Top Bottom