Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

State of him............
When there’s a sudden upsurge in hubcap theft, The Dark Bellend of Liverpool will answer the call.

xNLY3I0.jpeg

Contrast our last two shit shows of managerial appointments and how long they took compared to theirs and them appointing someone as their new manager as quick as they have. Just shows how incompetent we are behind the scenes compared to other clubs.

Backed by no real evidence only my own opinion but of players or mangers out of the Dutch league they either turned out to be really good or pure shite…..
Bad: Jannsen, Haller, ten Haag, deBoer, van der beek, dirk kuyt, Antony
Good: Suarez, kudus,

I have massive doubts about Slot, I had them when looking into him when we were linked last year. Look at all of Feyenoords goals and you'll see that there's not patterns of play around the box. Every goal comes from individual brilliance, long shots, crosses into the box. Obviously that could work if Liverpool manage to find the next Mane and Salah and just let them do their thing, but in the Premier League I think you need a well coached system that lets you break down stubborn defences.

Backed by no real evidence only my own opinion but of players or mangers out of the Dutch league they either turned out to be really good or pure shite…..
Bad: Jannsen, Haller, ten Haag, deBoer, van der beek, dirk kuyt, Antony
Good: Suarez, kudus,
Not sure I would put Dirk Kuyt in the bad category.

Off the top of my head I don't ever recall too many more players working as hard on the pitch for the team as Kuyt (I can only comment on seeing him for the scousers). Scored roughly 1 in 4 for them, and 1 in 3 over his career and he wasn't exactly an out and out striker - more of a winger.

Whilst working hard on the pitch should be mandatory for every player, we all know it isn't. A couple of his type in our sides over the years wouldn't have gone amiss, imo.

Last edited:
Not sure I would put Dirk Kuyt in the bad category.

Off the top of my head I don't ever recall too many more players working as hard on the pitch for the team as Kurt (I can only comment on seeing him for the scousers). Scored roughly 1 in 4 for them, and 1 in 3 over his career and he wasn't exactly an out and out striker - more of a winger.

Whilst working hard on the pitch should be mandatory for every player, we all know it isn't. A couple of his type in our sides over the years wouldn't have gone amiss, imo.
Yeah actually he did work hard but never got the goals he got in Holland.
I think Slott will “slot” into the shit category!

Contrast our last two shit shows of managerial appointments and how long they took compared to theirs and them appointing someone as their new manager as quick as they have. Just shows how incompetent we are behind the scenes compared to other clubs.
We don’t know how long Slot has been in place for. We do know that Klopp said he was leaving four months ago. Maybe Slot was in place the day after the announcement. Maybe he only got the job last week?

I do recall seeing Alonso, De Zerbi, Amorin, all quoted as possible replacements, so maybe it’s not been as cut and dried as you think?

Back
Top Bottom