Tromsø v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know the 'win something OR qualify for CL' question has been asked before... but I genuinely think that the Europa League is a priority for AVB... not to say he isn't going to field a full-strength side tomorrow, but it feels that the way we set up in the PL, is way more suited to the EL with its cautious, tactical approach...
I'm sure AVB wants to qualify for the CL, but really really... 6 into 4 doesn't go, and I'm not sure who else out of Man Utd/City/Chelsea/Arse/Liverpool are going to fall away spectacularly... I'm not even sure Liverpool will fade THAT badly!
Depending on who (disgracefully) drops out of the CL and has to 'make do' with our little tin-pot competition, I can genuinely see us regarding this as a viable route to silverware... and as such, should be taken seriously. (just not tomorrow... play 10 defenders for all I care... get the point we need with a 0-0 draw, and get home asap!)

Gomes
Naughton
Dawson (no more league games)
Youngster a
Fryers
Capoue
Youngster b
Lamela (needs more game time)
Chadli
Ade
Soldado (needs goals)

Headline was: "look at the chaos when AVB arrived"

Er, yes. We're Norwegians and we're not used to have more than two humans in a room at the same time.

Defoe, Ade, Walker and Sandro are not in the squad, apparently. Don't believe Defoe has been left out, personally. Vertonghen, Siggy, Vlad, Friedel, Soldado and Kenneth McEvoy have travelled. What I've picked up from press. Friedel, Daws, Holtby as well.

Forecast says loads of snow tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
Defoe, Ade, Walker and Sandro are not in the squad, apparently. Don't believe Defoe has been left out, personally. Vertonghen, Siggy, Vlad, Friedel, Soldado and Kenneth McEvoy have travelled. What I've picked up from press. Friedel, Daws, Holtby as well.

Forecast says loads of snow tomorrow afternoon.

I thought he'd left the club!
010280983130900.jpg

THE FAKE BALE!

Right bed time for me people. Got to be up at 02:20AM, get ready then get the cab to Gatwick for my flight.
Wish me luck that I dont freeze to death, or even worse.. the game gets cancelled...

Anyone travelling, i'll see you out there! @ BN1 BN1 Dont be late you seat sniffer.

THE FAKE BALE!
At least he is a left footer who can play on the left side !!!!
As opposed to our squad listed left sided players - Sigurdsson, Chadli (both right footers)
As opposed to our squad listed right sided players - Lennon, Lamela, Townsend (one right footer, 2 left)
mmm..... squad formation ?

Back
Top Bottom