"Yid" chanting...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yid chants, offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 317 92.2%

• Total voters
The fact that the Old Bill have pre printed stationary specifically for this 'offence' is interesting, they were called in by a Steward that was 'offended' by this one particular person but not appearently those that were standing next to, in front of or immediately behind him singing exactly the same song . Its a complete joke, the club need to make a stand and do something about the stewards who seem to be working in direct opposition to the clubs stance on this. The Old Bill will inevitably have a quota of these warnings they are required to hand out per game - wankers

what do cautions actually do? people blindly accept them but I swear they can harm you in the future?
I think there is a difference between a 'Warning' which is just that, and a 'Caution' which gets recorded officially

Hearing loads of reports that someone got nicked last night for chanting "Yid Army" also a few cautions handed out too.
I wouldnt apologise or accept a caution. They would have to arrest me the cunts.

index.php

wait

"Y use it yourself?"

are they taking the piss?

The thing that stood out to me was that the "Staff" was offended by its use.
We have been singing that word for years now and they, funnily enough, just now are offended by it.

Stewards are the biggest cunts in the world. They are lower than traffic wardens. I wouldnt piss on one if they were on fire to be perfectly honest.

I often sympathise with stewards as they are paid fuck all and have a thankless task and for a lot of them it's either tell people to sit down or mr head steward gives you the boot.
However, some of them seem to think that the jacket gives them the right to act like the fucking Gestapo. One bloke I came across in the east upper was as thick as pig shit an incredibly rude.

Thing is, surely there must be some stewards who are spurs fans that do the job in place of buying tickets to the game? If I was one of them I'd tell whoever it is that's dobbing fans in to the 5-0 for chanting yid to fix the fuck up.

The thing that stood out to me was that the "Staff" was offended by its use.
We have been singing that word for years now and they, funnily enough, just now are offended by it.

Stewards are the biggest cunts in the world. They are lower than traffic wardens. I wouldnt piss on one if they were on fire to be perfectly honest.
What if it was a Jewish steward?:gallashmm:

Hearing loads of reports that someone got nicked last night for chanting "Yid Army" also a few cautions handed out too.
I wouldnt apologise or accept a caution. They would have to arrest me the cunts.

index.php

I got one of these on Thursday night.

Luckily I wasn't in my usual seat.

I was next to the steps, gangway 34. I noticed the copper staring at me but then forgot about him (basically I was half cut and I'm a noisy cunt). Joined in with a few more "Yid Army"s and then noticed him looking again. Had to follow him down to the concorse (I thought I was going to get ejected), he asked for ID (maybe I should have said I didn't have anything), he filled out his silly form and I got back to the game as quick as I could.

I caught myself "yidding" again later, especially after the first goal but the coppers weren't looking (#smoothcriminal). I can't help myself. It's so ingrained. I think I need to go to YA meetings.

Joking aside, what does this warning actually mean?

It wasn't the same as accepting a caution. It was just here you go, peice of paper, back to watching the game.

Should I be talking to the solicitor that @ Flav Flav has mentioned before? As much as it's a load of bollocks, I really don't want a record as I travel abroad a lot. It's all a bit bemusing really.

I'm back in my normal seat tomorrow, so I suppose I'll carry on but it concerns me a bit because the woman in front of me doesn't like any noise (why she sits in PL lower is beyond my comprehension). What if she tells a steward to shut me up?

Just had a quick look for this.

http://www.lgf.org.uk/assets/Uploads/PDFs/News/Police-Warnings-A4.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/caution-warning-penalty

Looks like the main difference is that a warning won't show up on a CRB check. Personally I would still probably challenge this, at the end of the day it's his word against yours isn't it?

I mean how plausible is it to pick out what one person is saying among a crowd of several thousand? Let alone actually prove it, and prove there was malicious intent. Seems to me they are handing out warnings rather than cautions because people are less likely to make a fuss about getting a warning than they would if they are formally cautioned.

It wasn't the same as accepting a caution. It was just here you go, peice of paper, back to watching the game.

Should I be talking to the solicitor that @ Flav Flav has mentioned before? As much as it's a load of bollocks, I really don't want a record as I travel abroad a lot. It's all a bit bemusing really.

I'm back in my normal seat tomorrow, so I suppose I'll carry on but it concerns me a bit because the woman in front of me doesn't like any noise (why she sits in PL lower is beyond my comprehension). What if she tells a steward to shut me up?

Sorry to hear this mate. I'm sure some of our resident legal experts will know what to do but probably worth contacting those lawyers and the supporters trust anyway.

Can anyone remember the club actually making a statement about zero tolerance of chanting yid? There seems to be a lot of confusion about what is and what isn't acceptable in the ground and it seems to change from block to block.

They really need to be clear because on the one hand you have the most visible spokesperson for the club, the manager, calling on the fans for support. And long serving players like defoe referring to himself as 'yiddo.' And on the other you have a load of part-time workers seemingly enforcing their own kangaroo courts on match days.

It's a fucking shambles it really is and it boils my blood to see passionate, decent fans like @ frontwheel frontwheel being criminalised for shit like this. I had my fucking car broken into off brick lane earlier this year on a street that had CCTV cameras pointing every direction and the police basically closed the case that night because they didn't think they would be able to catch anyone and anyway there were rapes and murders to deal with. Yet they fucking throw out cautions for chanting an ambiguously offensive word like @ 1882 1882 throws out ticker tape

It's nothing, just a warning FW. If you were arrested then it would be a different matter. Don't worry about it. Don't get caught again. If you want proper advice then contact the FSF. As far as I understand this is an 'operation' froim the police that won't go on forever.

So anyone seen this picture doing the rounds?
BagpYAACQAAVCJo.jpg:large

A Spurs fan found it from years ago. Just another ridiculous example of hypocrisy from a ridiculous man.

A Spurs fan found it from years ago. Just another ridiculous example of hypocrisy from a ridiculous man.
Seen it doing the rounds on Twitter. If it's genuine, then Baddiel will either say that it's a fake or ignore it. If it's a fake, which it might well be, then Baddiel will either say that it's a fake or ignore it.

If it's real then it's allowed. Badiel's a Chelsea fan. They're not antisemetic like us scum.

:lennon:

If it's fake (and there's every chance, seeing as at book signings, I wouldn't have thought he'd have had time to write anything more than 'To Mark.... David Rabbiddiel...) then it will merely put this guy (and us) in even worse light, as it looks like we're TRYING to catch him out..

If it's real, then I'm sure it's perfectly fine, as long as Mark IS in fact Jewish, and doesn't support Spurs! 'cos such people don't actually exist... David said so!

Back
Top Bottom