Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't feel sorry for him one bit as his personal greed has kept us from the depth we so clearly needed at Sell to Buy FC.

That the club thought it was a good idea to produce a documentary about him over the summer shows just how out of touch all sides were.
"Personal greed" meaning following the conditions in the contract that the club offered him.

At least it looks like the club understand how you build culture by treating a player who has more than 350 appearances with respect. Some fans ... not so much.

"Personal greed" meaning following the conditions in the contract that the club offered him.

At least it looks like the club understand how you build culture by treating a player who has more than 350 appearances with respect. Some fans ... not so much.

Oh come on. He is doing the right thing by himself financially at the expense of the team.

Thankfully Ange isn't as misty eyed as some fans...

I loved Eric as a player with his last minute winner against West Ham and his hard tackling in the battle of the bridge but his cameo against Bournemouth slicing the ball out for a corner and passing directly to an opponent time after time tells me he isn't committed or he cannot adjust to the faster paced, quick thinking football that Ange encourages.
Time to go back to Sporting

Oh come on. He is doing the right thing by himself financially at the expense of the team.

He is doing what every working person does ... showing up to work every day and doing the best he can to perform, expecting the employer to honour the terms of the contract. You want him to agree to a worse deal for the good of the corporation, try that with staff in any job and see where you get, let alone with a senior staff member who has given pretty much his whole working life to the company. I think it is you who has something in their eye to be honest.

If the employer sees things differently they could always offer to buy him out of the rest of his contract, but it seems they have a bit more class than that.

He is doing what every working person does ... showing up to work every day and doing the best he can to perform, expecting the employer to honour the terms of the contract. You want him to agree to a worse deal for the good of the corporation, try that with staff in any job and see where you get, let alone with a senior staff member who has given pretty much his whole working life to the company. I think it is you who has something in their eye to be honest.

If the employer sees things differently they could always offer to buy him out of the rest of his contract, but it seems they have a bit more class than that.
100% - ENIC doesn’t run the club as a charity - So why should we expect Dier to walk way from money that he is contractually owed by the club?

Are we afraid Lewis won’t have the budget for his latest Patagonia mansion/estate renovation cause of Dier’s wages? 😆😆😆

Nothing about being misty eyed - it's professional football. It's a job for everyone involved. Same for Ange as it was for Poch. Same for Dier as it was for Kane. It's where they work.

Supporters are the only ones who value one club more than another. I'm happy with my employer, but I'd leave if I judged there to be a better situation. And I'm certainly not taking a cut in pay switching firms just to help them out.

Agent Kane continues to work his magic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tottenham Hotspur central defender Eric Dier has agreed personal terms with Bayern Munich ahead of a January switch.
🤝

The deal has been endorsed by Harry Kane.

View: https://twitter.com/LastWordOnSpurs/status/1743210775198535993

It’s like one of the soldiers in the movies about Vietnam stabbing themselves in the leg to get out…
I don’t think Eric dier deserves a move to a club that he can win a champions league with….
Kane yes… dier no

It’s like one of the soldiers in the movies about Vietnam stabbing themselves in the leg to get out…
I don’t think Eric dier deserves a move to a club that he can win a champions league with….
Kane yes… dier no
Once Dire is there, they stand 0% chance of winning it....

Back
Top Bottom