Ryan Sessegnon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1*RWp0lx8WEtOOCaJab7Jt8g.gif
The fact you think he’s good means you have no clue about the game.

Out for 11 months

Fails to impress in his 14 mins of game time

People happy to call him out for being shit. What a place.
For me it's not so much that he looked out of shape during his 14min cameo, it's just that I've got no clue what he brings to the table, even when fully fit.

Different managers have tried him, and while he's occasionally looked decent going forward he's always looked very timid in the final third.

For me it's not so much that he looked out of shape during his 14min cameo, it's just that I've got no clue what he brings to the table, even when fully fit.

Different managers have tried him, and while he's occasionally looked decent going forward he's always looked very timid in the final third.
The utterly pathetic way he allowed the Burnley winger to breeze past him, lacking even the slightest physicality to obstruct him or even foul him was the last straw.

He’s 23 years old and been our 11 months.

Everyone gets a clean slate under Ange.

The odds of him becoming a success are quite low. But the fact people are using a 15 min cameo after a 11 month absence as some form of validation is ridiculous

The odds of him becoming a success are quite low. But the fact people are using a 15 min cameo after a 11 month absence as some form of validation is ridiculous
I think the pure fact that Ange put him on the field of play is an endorsement that he rates him.
Time will tell if he is right.

I don't mind that he's being given a clean slate, but people should really temper their expectations.

It's been a while, but I seem to recall Sessegnon's form declining in the last season he was at Fullham, and people were quite concerned about the money we were paying for him.

For all the great work Ange has done I don't recall him transforming a player that massively failed to impress to into a good/great squad addition. The likes of Bissouma, Sarr, etc had all shown quality before, they were just playing under the wrong manager. No question that he gets the most of out players though.

I don’t even know why were bothering to discuss whether he’ll make it as a player or not, he wont last more than a few appearances before his body breaks down again. If any team shows the slightest interest in signing him, we should bite their hands off. He’s been here 4 1/2yrs & has barely played in that time. We were even stupid enough to sign him while he was injured with a pretty serious hamstring injury

I don’t even know why were bothering to discuss whether he’ll make it as a player or not, he wont last more than a few appearances before his body breaks down again. If any team shows the slightest interest in signing him, we should bite their hands off. He’s been here 4 1/2yrs & has barely played in that time. We were even stupid enough to sign him while he was injured with a pretty serious hamstring injury

I have stated numerous times on here that I thought we had stolen a player in Sessegnon. Only saw upside, because he waa really good and only looked like he would he get better.

Like Bale he seemed quiet but if like Bale so what.

The bloke got injured before he started for us and that was that.

I agree with your view because there are some players who have bodies tbat break down due to the stress of the demand, and with us that demand is severe

If all was equal he would absolutely be perfect for Postecoglou, but he is now up against Udogie, who nearly walks into any PL starting 11 already. He ain't getting past that, and even if he got near, it wouldn't be long befote his body gave out.

Championship player in 2 years and where he will stay... probably.

Back
Top Bottom