Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

See Ya Duck GIF by DefyTV

It’s an amazing opportunity for him to reset his career, & a great deal for us if the fee agreed is actually accurate. Plus the shafting of the mighty hun is priceless.
Trying to hijack our deal for the dragon at the death and ending up with a player no longer suitable for our requirements.
Have to applaud Levy for such shenanigans.
Devious bald fucker he is.

Absolutely fucking pony player. Stealing a living as pro
Oh STOP it... He's gone now... You should be ecstatic!

In all probability, he'll win a trophy before we do (albeit, a "pre destined, guaranteed, just turn up and win it" trophy... But him and Kane will no doubt be dancing around the Allianz Arena come May with medals around their necks...

Hopefully we'll be doing the same around WHL or Wembley in May too... but let's see!

He's given 10 years of his career at Spursy... Let's see how he fares at Bayern..

Incidentally, what is the German for Bayerny Münichy?

Nah, thought there wasn't one!

The two positions I would not want my son to play at a top club are CB and ST. The fans are ruthless. A single mistake could cost you a goal and a point or win as a CB even if you played a perfect game otherwise. As a ST, if you don’t score, you’re not doing your job. The pressure is immense.

Oh STOP it... He's gone now... You should be ecstatic!

In all probability, he'll win a trophy before we do (albeit, a "pre destined, guaranteed, just turn up and win it" trophy... But him and Kane will no doubt be dancing around the Allianz Arena come May with medals around their necks...

Hopefully we'll be doing the same around WHL or Wembley in May too... but let's see!

He's given 10 years of his career at Spursy... Let's see how he fares at Bayern..

Incidentally, what is the German for Bayerny Münichy?

Nah, thought there wasn't one!
Don't need one. With two of our ex-players there they'll be called Spursy if it goes tits up.

Some good memories from Eric’s time with us. A good servant overall. Solid in his prime. And good value for us at both the purchase and sale point. Hope he goes well and enjoys his time in Germany.

The two positions I would not want my son to play at a top club are CB and ST. The fans are ruthless. A single mistake could cost you a goal and a point or win as a CB even if you played a perfect game otherwise. As a ST, if you don’t score, you’re not doing your job. The pressure is immense.
In that case there is most pressure on the Goalie surely?

Chuffed for him. Great club servant, Spurs through and through. Provided us all with some great moments.

Couldn't care less about his form at the end, that's sport - athletes would never retire if they didn't lose ability with age.

Over and above it all, I will always remember his debut. Debut winner away to West Ham in injury time in Poch's first match. It was the beginning of a wonderful era and, in truth, there haven't been terribly many other goals that brought such joy.

Grateful for everything he gave and sincerely wish him all the best. It's rare I give 2 fucks about a player when they leave, but I do hope those German cunts win the treble for Harry and Eric.

He's only good for defending balls into the box.

Would do a good job playing for a bottom half side.

Unless Bayern plan to concede a lot of possession and defend deep in their own box, I can't see Dier being a natural fit.

Tuchel aleady said he plans to use him in a back 3

chelsea-3-4-2-1-ucl-final.png

Could see him line the team up like this and have Dier in the centre, this team won the CL

Look, I don't rate Dier but let's not act like he doesn't have his uses and Tuchel doesn't know what he's doing, he was generally very good in Conte's 1st year here - probably better for him if he has a refresh, football is funny like that.

He doesn’t suit the current system at all, but he has had some great moments for us in a Spurs shirt.

Good luck to him 👍 hope he does well. Seems like a really decent person too.

Back
Top Bottom