Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His legacy is winning everything they could win and revitalising Liverpool from a long period of mediocrity on a reasonable budget. Liverpool hadn’t won the Premier League at all till he arrived. If Ange won us a PL he’d instantly be a great.

They had a couple of insane points tallies where City pipped them on a final day too. But it’s not like he’s gone trophyless.

In a final this season too and well in a title race so could well add a couple more. The Liverpool vs City rivalry has defined this PL era imo so he’s absolutely a great.

He did. But that’s all he gets credit for in a GoAT debate
Well, that's why I gave the boxing example with Duran. He gets credit for being the best boxer of the 4 even though he never beat the other 3 in their weight class. But him even putting himself in the conversation was incredible enough.

Same goes with Klopp, thats how GOAT debates are judged.

Well, that's why I gave the boxing example with Duran. He gets credit for being the best boxer of the 4 even though he never beat the other 3 in their weight class. But him even putting himself in the conversation was incredible enough.

Same goes with Klopp, thats how GOAT debates are judged.
Maybe in boxing but not football. Not basketball either. Not Rugby.

His legacy is winning everything they could win and revitalising Liverpool from a long period of mediocrity on a reasonable budget. Liverpool hadn’t won the Premier League at all till he arrived. If Ange won us a PL he’d instantly be a great.

They had a couple of insane points tallies where City pipped them on a final day too. But it’s not like he’s gone trophyless.

In a final this season too and well in a title race so could well add a couple more. The Liverpool vs City rivalry has defined this PL era imo so he’s absolutely a great.

He's undoubtedly a great.

Is he a GOAT though?

Jose is above Klopp really

It’s close. Jose had a huge resource advantage and never got Chelsea to a CL final. Klopp got Liverpool to 3 and won one.

Klopp’s been unfortunate City exists, otherwise they’d have had a really dominant little era. Despite that they’ve ticked off every box and consistently competed at the highest of levels.

Jose as an all timer is ahead but like Tomo Tomo says all his biggest European success happened with non-PL clubs. His Chelsea team were a machine but they were the City of his day. Klopp hit 100+ points with a normal budget.

won more prem titles and cups.

Yeh but didn’t need beat the robot machine of Abu Dahbi and Pep. Peak Liverpool under Klopp was far better than Jose’s team in terms of play, Jose and Wenger would get destroyed by Pep and Klopp’s best teams. Football has gone up a level in the last 20 years.

, Jose and Wenger would get destroyed by Pep and Klopp’s best teams. Football has gone up a level in the last 20 years.

I dunno. Jose’s best Chelsea team was a rock, 15 goals conceded in a season I think? Really athletic team too. I don’t think they get bullied by anybody, especially led by peak Jose who was a prick but charismatic and not a bit dried up. That team was Atletico on steroids.

When you consider the fact that he went to 3 champions league finals and finished a point behind Man city twice, it is.

In boxing, Roberto Duran is considered to be the best of the 4 kings even though he lost to all of them. The reason is because he was punching above his weight in the first place, just like Klopp was competing with Man city.
He isn't unanimously considered the best of the four...want that on record.

What is with this goat talk? Fuck that cunt.

He won what he did with breaking record transfers for a defender and a keeper. Their wage bill always has been and likely always will be obscene.

Ignoring their asthma allegations, the cunt was complicit in faking lab results for covid that saw him have games postponed that suited him.

He made sure just prior to make a song and dance about us not providing hand sanitiser to frame us for being the problem. I think it were Ali Gold who mentioned there was plenty off camera.

His rise with the dippers has coincided with that of VAR and the only manager Ill ever compare him to is legohead for their classless bullying behaviour.

Awful club. Terrible plastic fans. Absolute cunt.

He isn't unanimously considered the best of the four...want that on record.
I thought it was common knowledge that Duran is one of the greatest boxers of all time. The only one I've seen up for debate is that maybe Leonard was better than him but not Hagler or Hearns, even though he lost to both of them which was my main point about punching above his weight.

I thought it was common knowledge that Duran is one of the greatest boxers of all time. The only one I've seen up for debate is that maybe Leonard was better than him but not Hagler or Hearns, even though he lost to both of them which was my main point about punching above his weight.
I've never heard anyone claim Duran was the best of the 4.

I've never heard anyone claim Duran was the best of the 4.
Well he's the greatest lightweight boxer of all time and then moved up to beat Leonard, one of the greatest welterweights of all time and went the distance with Hagler, one of the greatest middleweights of all time.

For me, that makes him the best of the 4 and one of the greatest boxers to ever live.

Well he's the greatest lightweight boxer of all time and then moved up to beat Leonard, one of the greatest welterweights of all time and went the distance with Hagler, one of the greatest middleweights of all time.

For me, that makes him the best of the 4 and one of the greatest boxers to ever live.
He was 1-3 in fights against Leonard, Hagler, and Hearns. Duran was definitely great, but it's definitely contentious to say he's the greatest of the 4.

Anyway, back to Klopp I think he's a great manager obviously. But it'd be silly for anyone to consider him the greatest.

Back
Top Bottom