Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shaw would be a fantastic addition but if we´re going to go out and spend 20 million again I´d rather it was on a striker who will actually fit into our system. I like Soldado but we´ve been crying out for a Drogba/Lukaku type player for 3 seasons now.

It seems that by design we are not going for that sort of striker, so I wouldnt hold your breath!

Defoe, Soldado, chasing the likes of Villa and Rossi... Abandoning Adebayor as an option.... It points away from what you are looking for.

Which is fine, so long as we set up in such a way as to make chances for the more poacher like strikers we have

Shaw would be a fantastic addition but if we´re going to go out and spend 20 million again I´d rather it was on a striker who will actually fit into our system. I like Soldado but we´ve been crying out for a Drogba/Lukaku type player for 3 seasons now.

Its a strange one with the strikers...Soldado desperately needs someone to help him.

Do we spend on a striker like Drogba, and go two up top?
Do we start utilising the midfield properly and stick with 5 in the middle, as its been pointed out that two up top could leave us swamped in the modern game...?
Or do we replace Soldado??

Its a strange one with the strikers...Soldado desperately needs someone to help him.

Do we spend on a striker like Drogba, and go two up top?
Do we start utilising the midfield properly and stick with 5 in the middle, as its been pointed out that two up top could leave us swamped in the modern game...?
Or do we replace Soldado??

We should buy Rooney and stick him in the hole, sorted. :ap:

Yes. It speaks volumes for you when you dislike a post, that 7 or 8 people have pos repped.

Well done
It isn't the individual post I dislike, it's your continued and repetitive attitude, which is described in the very post you quoted, along with @ jimmyriggle jimmyriggle 's. I am not the first, nor will I be the last person to get tired of it. So think of it as a mass disliking.

Seriously, if you don't want shit, don't dish it out - and no it's not just about the individual you happen to be disagreeing with at the time. This place is a community and your volume of posts has an impact on that threads in which you post. Multiple people have raised issue with the way you act on here. It's hardly isolated. Yet all we get back it the victim bullshit, which stinks of troll. In case you haven't noticed, this place has gone to shit with the sheer volume of pointless trolling that goes on. Why add to it if you want to be regarded as a genuine debater?

You know, you could've sent me a PM if you were genuinely interested in ironing out some differences and/or understanding why you are getting negged. The invite was there. As I said above, if you cut out the douchebag act and the "poor ickle me" bullshit you'd probably be a valuable poster. You also wouldn't need so many people on ignore because, quite simply, you'd not have fallen out with them. Haven't you noticed that the common theme with your ignore list is that most, if not all, of the people on it are people you have had disagreements with and called you on the way you behave?

Thing is, people call you a troll. But I'm not so sure you are. The neg reps have clearly irked you enough to try and use my picture as your avatar, complain about the negs to jimmy and now take me off ignore, despite your past insistence that you had no interest in me and anyone else on your ignore list, so that tells me that, actually, maybe you don't like being disliked (in terms of the normal meaning of the word). Fair enough, but maybe it's better to build god relations with the people you are on the board with, instead of having such a long list of enemies. Ask yourself this, how many of the people on your ignore list have you in theirs? Think about that.

for me the reason why we´ve struggled to score is that the guy up top, defoe or soldado, isn´t worrying the centre backs enough. Either by dragging them out or by getting nice and close to bully them with strength. Plus neither have the height to dominate in the air so it doesn´t matter how many crosses we float in from our myriad of talented wingers we aren´t going to score from them.

We need a big yet mobile modern striker. Either up on his own or alongside soldado, who i´m sure would destroy teams if he had more space to work in

Im more concerned with every thread turning out like this. I started talking about Shaw as LB, and now I have the 5th person in this thread talking about me.

Lets get back on topic eh? I think thats what people want. The bickering is pointless and tiresome.
Yet "the bickering" seems to have one common theme - you, just as they always do. Don't want to spam up the thread? PM me, or whoever else, just as I suggested. Can't pretend anyone other than you brought this up in a Spurs thread.

It isn't the individual post I dislike, it's your continued and repetitive attitude, which is described in the very post you quoted, along with @ jimmyriggle jimmyriggle 's. I am not the first, nor will I be the last person to get tired of it. So think of it as a mass disliking.

Seriously, if you don't want shit, don't dish it out - and no it's not just about the individual you happen to be disagreeing with at the time. This place is a community and your volume of posts has an impact on that threads in which you post. Multiple people have raised issue with the way you act on here. It's hardly isolated. Yet all we get back it the victim bullshit, which stinks of troll. In case you haven't noticed, this place has gone to shit with the sheer volume of pointless trolling that goes on. Why add to it if you want to be regarded as a genuine debater?

You know, you could've sent me a PM if you were genuinely interested in ironing out some differences and/or understanding why you are getting negged. The invite was there. As I said above, if you cut out the douchebag act and the "poor ickle me" bullshit you'd probably be a valuable poster. You also wouldn't need so many people on ignore because, quite simply, you'd not have fallen out with them. Haven't you noticed that the common theme with your ignore list is that most, if not all, of the people on it are people you have had disagreements with and called you on the way you behave?

Thing is, people call you a troll. But I'm not so sure you are. The neg reps have clearly irked you enough to try and use my picture as your avatar, complain about the negs to jimmy and now take me off ignore, despite your past insistence that you had no interest in me and anyone else on your ignore list, so that tells me that, actually, maybe you don't like being disliked (in terms of the normal meaning of the word). Fair enough, but maybe it's better to build god relations with the people you are on the board with, instead of having such a long list of enemies. Ask yourself this, how many of the people on your ignore list have you in theirs? Think about that.
Yet "the bickering" seems to have one common theme - you, just as they always do. Don't want to spam up the thread? PM me, or whoever else, just as I suggested. Can't pretend anyone other than you brought this up in a Spurs thread.

Lets talk about Spurs instead.

In all seriousness I'd snap Berbatov up for the low low in January. At home he would knit our attack together nicely supplying the striker/wingers and away from home he'd be a good option to start with or to change the game from the bench if need be. We need another option to mix it up with as we've plenty in midfield on the flanks or in the center but with Ade frozen out we've no big man to bring on upfront and go all Sam Allardyce on mofos lol

In all seriousness I'd snap Berbatov up for the low low in January. At home he would knit our attack together nicely supplying the striker/wingers and away from home he'd be a good option to start with or to change the game from the bench if need be. We need another option to mix it up with as we've plenty in midfield on the flanks or in the center but with Ade frozen out we've no big man to bring on upfront and go all Sam Allardyce on mofos lol

The Ade situation is absurd, when we are struggling without him

for me the reason why we´ve struggled to score is that the guy up top, defoe or soldado, isn´t worrying the centre backs enough. Either by dragging them out or by getting nice and close to bully them with strength. Plus neither have the height to dominate in the air so it doesn´t matter how many crosses we float in from our myriad of talented wingers we aren´t going to score from them.

We need a big yet mobile modern striker. Either up on his own or alongside soldado, who i´m sure would destroy teams if he had more space to work in

Alternatively we actuallty get the little guy supported and fed so they can do what they do best?
There is a big disconnect between midfield and striker for me, the service doesnt come quick enough and neither does the support.
It is no surprise at all that people have been much more positive about the last 3 performances, when you consider it is notable Paulinho/Hotlby have played up WITH the striker instead of 30 yards away in midfield...

Alternatively we actuallty get the little guy supported and fed so they can do what they do best?
There is a big disconnect between midfield and striker for me, the service doesnt come quick enough and neither does the support.
It is no surprise at all that people have been much more positive about the last 3 performances, when you consider it is notable Paulinho/Hotlby have played up WITH the striker instead of 30 yards away in midfield...

See I think the reason for the disconnect is that centre backs are so comfortable playing against us that we aren´t opening up space for these little through balls to come through. But yeah getting Paulinho closer to the striker seems to have worked a bit better. Only problem is this often leaves us exposed on the counter, which is how we´ve conceded a lot of goals recently

In all seriousness I think its bloody mental so many people support the idea. Forgetting entirely the way he shit on us to leave the club, consider how he acts at Fulham. He simply does not care. He does not work. He just does what he feels like.

As talented as he is, I wouldnt want ANY player with that attitude at the club.

Unreliable, inconsistent, damaging to performances and for what? 1 game in 10 when he decides to turn up? No thanks.

See I think the reason for the disconnect is that centre backs are so comfortable playing against us that we aren´t opening up space for these little through balls to come through. But yeah getting Paulinho closer to the striker seems to have worked a bit better. Only problem is this often leaves us exposed on the counter, which is how we´ve conceded a lot of goals recently

Thats what the highline is for. Its all part of the plan, but none of the parts come together at the same time it seems!

Get up in numbers and there is support. Get the line high enough and almost any counter is offside or easily swept up. Generate proper width (probably with fullbacks) and space is created centrally where the inverted wingers can do their thing, and all the while we have a goal machine just waiting to feed off of the inevitable chances...

Is I think the aim. Instead though we arent pulling together the key factors.

I think when the striker is supported (be that by wide midfielder or AM or whatever) it creates space and opportunity. I also think when that support and/or chances come at pace its even better.

So far the biggest tactical complaints I have is that that pace simply isnt present. I do think its because of familiarity as much as anything, but AVB has shown in changing the AM role a bit it was tactics as well.

Yeah but again it's more absurd to try and judge it from the outside looking in. The situation is pretty much the story of Ades career too, he alienates himself where ever he goes....

Yeah thats true...Its a strange one with him, cos it really felt like he had found a "home" here...but struggled with form and injuries last season, then he got alot of stick and didnt seem to bond with AVB.

His tweets suggest to me he has no problem with the club itself. Either way, both he and the manager should be professional enough to put personalities aside and do whats best for the club, while they are here working together.

Back
Top Bottom