Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn't reckless, it was unlucky that it looked worse than it was and people (officials included) saw a perception based on narrative more than the reality.

But it was the past so we move on and you are right, he's been spot-on ever since.

By the letter of the law it was a red.

Since then I think he’s been the best CB in the league, so he’s made up for it brilliantly.

He did go in recklessly against the Newcastle player after coming back from the suspension for the Chelsea game. When were 4 up ffs.

He plays on the edge of a card constantly.

He's on 4 yellows. Has the gap passed yet where totting up no longer counts?

Playing on the edge has it's merits, I was watching the Brighton match again and Romero went in aggressive on Lallana in the first half and left a bit on him to the point where Lallana didn't want the ball anymore, played a part in their loss of control in the 2nd half and gave us more confidence.

Playing on the edge has it's merits, I was watching the Brighton match again and Romero went in aggressive on Lallana in the first half and left a bit on him to the point where Lallana didn't want the ball anymore, played a part in their loss of control in the 2nd half and gave us more confidence.

I think that Brighton performance may be up there as his best ever game in a Spurs shirt tbh.

He's not a better Centerback than Ledley King was and Vertonghen was a better footballer. but he is a an excellent player and we are lucky to have him. Now for me, better than Gough and closing in on Alderweireld and Mabbutt.
Personal opinion, but I always felt Toby was the rock of the pair. And I think he may have actually been at Ledley levels. He rarely made mistakes, rarely needed to sprint to dig himself out of a hole, had a decent pass on him. Just wasn't a local lad like Ledley.

Personal opinion, but I always felt Toby was the rock of the pair. And I think he may have actually been at Ledley levels. He rarely made mistakes, rarely needed to sprint to dig himself out of a hole, had a decent pass on him. Just wasn't a local lad like Ledley.
I hear you but I don't agree. King had another level he could access when fit enough like god mode. Toby was excellent but King had one off games ( kind of what Kane lacks and Bale has (zero to do with Nationality) Liverpool at Spurs, Manchester City one off game qualify for champions league, England vs France , European championship, league Cup final Chelsea. Toby was great King could break opponents see Henry and Tevez, Suarez. This isn't to be disrespectful Toby who I think is same level with Romero.

I hear you but I don't agree. King had another level he could access when fit enough like god mode. Toby was excellent but King had one off games ( kind of what Kane lacks and Bale has (zero to do with Nationality) Liverpool at Spurs, Manchester City one off game qualify for champions league, England vs France , European championship, league Cup final Chelsea. Toby was great King could break opponents see Henry and Tevez, Suarez. This isn't to be disrespectful Toby who I think is same level with Romero.
For now, I'm taking prime Toby over Romero. At least until the latter matures.

Ange was asked about our CB partnership in his presser today and just volunteered that he thinks Romero especially impressed him with leadership and he thinks he's one of the best CBs in the world.

Anyone thinking Romero is getting sold this summer if miles off it.

A couple of misplaced passes aside he was his usual majestical self today.
I thought VDV was the better defender….

Romero is superb though. We should really think about moving him up the pitch when we are chasing a goal…. He’s a menace, great feet and powerful. Top footballer and big goal threat

Back
Top Bottom