Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
but the point is we are not going forward anymore and haven't been for ages. We are lingering around the same spot season after season with the odd crap one threw in there so said manager gets the boot

perennial CL club stepping stone.....

Until this window our record signing, was what, 16m-17m?

That's a squad player for Chelsea, Man U and Man City, I would also say the same applies to Liverpool when you look at the money they spent under Dalglish.

We're at out natural level now, as much as it pains me to say it.

I'm all for open debate but I find this thread astonishing.
no other club has made the strides that we have without a money is no object owner.

how many if you really thought we would get anywhere near the champions league let alone winning a group back in mid 90s?

and those going on about why can't he keep players...you are clearly overlooking all the Woolwich players leaving over the years, Torres at Liverpool ect, suarez has stayed for ONE season, just like Levy made Modric. He has done a phenomenal job in doing the best for his club when it comes to losing players, when we aren't in the CL.
no way will suarez stay if they don't get it this year.

I'm all for open debate but I find this thread astonishing.
no other club has made the strides that we have without a money is no object owner.

how many if you really thought we would get anywhere near the champions league let alone winning a group back in mid 90s?

and those going on about why can't he keep players...you are clearly overlooking all the Woolwich players leaving over the years, Torres at Liverpool ect, suarez has stayed for ONE season, just like Levy made Modric. He has done a phenomenal job in doing the best for his club when it comes to losing players, when we aren't in the CL.
no way will suarez stay if they don't get it this year.

Like Carlito says, he owns part of the club, so he's not going to get the heave ho. And really as many others have said, despite the mistakes we have moved forwards as a club since he took over. To be honest were it not for Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour skewing the league with their dirty money, then we would have likely progressed even further.

People wanting to be right about everything all the time....isnt hindsight marvellous.

Levy cant pick a manger? He's not a 'football man' and knows this so he takes advice, when its been wrong he's acted quickly. None of the managerial appointments looked dreadful when they were made and that includes ditching old chalk bones for Hoddle (fan favourite), Ramos who had a great reputation when he came, Santini who was a risk but was managing France (not a small time job) and he put in enough back room staff to ensure a fall back and some contingency and we had Arnesen and Jol.

Baldini seems a decent move again to give some continituy and to make sure we dont have fucking pricks like wobblechops picking up Nelsen and Saha whilst telling the media there is plenty of money for a top (top) striker but he doesnt know how to spend it. Blaming Levy for signing this pair and consequently not pushing on when we had CL is picking the wrong target - he backed his manager with funds and backed his managers decisions. Not much more you could ask of a chairman.

He was a cunt over Startford but mostly off the pitch he's been great and he's tried to employ people who can do the 'on the pitch' stuff.

I'm sick of this bald cunt. I lost count of how many times the camera cutaway to him during the match yesterday.

How many managers has he appointed since his tenure? Its time he took responsibility for his actions and stood down.

His meddling in the transfers has cost us far more than his 'legendary' haggling.

I want this cunt out.

I don't think that is fair to say. Every manager he sacks costs him money buying out their contract. He is Spurs just like everyone else on here. He just has high ambitions, like we should have.

#TeamLevy
I know that he has given us stability and has taken us to this point of top 4 material, but I just feel that with a bit more effort on his part (transfers in previous seasons) we would be a bit better now.

I don't know. I'm rambling because I'm fucked off.

I don't think that is fair to say. Every manager he sacks costs him money buying out their contract. He is Spurs just like everyone else on here. He just has high ambitions, like we should have.

#TeamLevy

He's a bald cunt that thinks the club is about him.

What has he achieved since he has been here? Bought some derelict buildings, balanced the books by selling our best players, fucking up transfer window after window and regularly sacked managers he has directly appointed.

Its time this fucking wanker took some responsibility.

I got to agree with this also. I am not sure whether sacking AVB is right 'right now' but the crazy manager merrygoround, is costing us. What top flight manager is going to want to come to us looking at what we just did to ourselves?

I remember what we were before him , he's not free from blame at all but still think that in his position a man like that is what the club needs.

Sacking AVB isnt a surprise at all , people focus on best away record and EL victories to say AVB did well but you can also say that the style of play and the heavy defeats + our league position make the sacking understandable

Will we prosper under a new manager , would AVB have turned things around - first is a hope, second we'll never know

7 players in. 7.

No manager in the world would have successfully integrated that many players in by December.

None of his targets were acquired. Baldini and Levy fucked him.

7 players in. 7.

No manager in the world would have successfully integrated that many players in by December.

None of his targets were acquired. Baldini and Levy fucked him.

Come on, get a grip here. When Chelsea kidnap your main target when he has the pen in his hands, there isn't much that the DOF and chairman can do.

Back
Top Bottom