Should Levy Go Too?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should Levy go with AVB?

• Yes

Votes: 55 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 88 61.5%

• Total voters
He's a bald cunt that thinks the club is about him.

What has he achieved since he has been here? Bought some derelict buildings, balanced the books by selling our best players, fucking up transfer window after window and regularly sacked managers he has directly appointed.

Its time this fucking wanker took some responsibility.

Can we have a list of your preferred chairmen in the league?
(Don't forget important factors like their respective hair-loss situations. :gylfi:)

(Don't forget important factors like their respective hair-loss situations. :gylfi:)

You can fuck off you supercilious cunt.

I may come to one of these meets one day just in the hope of meeting you and telling face to face what I think. I doubt you'll like it.

Stick me back on ignore you fucking troll.

I don't really think it's a decision of a fan to make.

I read somewhere that ENIC. have invested £36m during their tenure, the rest is self sustaining . We could be in a similar situation just being run as THFC & no owners.

Sadly I think £ is the priority with ENIC. It's cost us a few times I can remember, investment isn't being done .

You can fuck off you supercilious cunt.

I may come to one of these meets one day just in the hope of meeting you and telling face to face what I think. I doubt you'll like it.

Stick me back on ignore you fucking troll.

I guess that means you can't answer the question then. Levy might be a bald cunt but he's done a lot or the club. You might remember that if you stop drowning your synapses.

And if you're threatening me, do it right, don't beat about the bush, Rambo.

I wish we were run like Everton, no money but great managers.

No. No I don't.

Do me a favour... Bill kenwright running a London club?? we'd be even more of a 'showbizzy Circus' than we are already! he'd have all his West End Wendy's lapping it up in the west stand, and no doubt occasionally picking the team!!!

Levy has got more wrong than right. He needs to be held accountable for this mess. Did we try hard enough to keep Bale? Look at Liverpool, no European football whatsoever, yet they managed to keep Suarez. Where is our fucking ambition? We got to the top table and never strengthened that squad properly. And all that money from the Bale sale, and we bought a load of mediocre players rather than 1 or 2 world class players. The problem is the fucking chairman and board of our club. Jamie Redkapp just summed it up for me on Sky by saying "I think he wants to be the manager himself" about Levy. What a big fucking mess. We are a laughing stock.

Do me a favour... Bill kenwright running a London club?? we'd be even more of a 'showbizzy Circus' than we are already! he'd have all his West End Wendy's lapping it up in the west stand, and no doubt occasionally picking the team!!!

Not sure if you saw the last 3 words ;)

I don't really think it's a decision of a fan to make.

I read somewhere that ENIC. have invested £36m during their tenure, the rest is self sustaining . We could be in a similar situation just being run as THFC & no owners.

Sadly I think £ is the priority with ENIC. It's cost us a few times I can remember, investment isn't being done .

Exactly. And how many managers have we had since they came in?

At the end of the day the buck has to stop with whoever is appointing the managers they deem to have failed.

I wanted Redknapp gone but in a fan sense. I assumed that the people making the decisions for real had a proper plan and would stick to it. Turns out they know as much as us.

Levy's obviously not going anywhere regardless but he's got a fuckn MASSIVE decision on his hands right now. Who he appoints as interim boss will make or break our season.

Under ENIC our league positions have been above average, but our trophy haul has been below average.

One trophy in thirteen years is a poor return.

I've said many times I would love it if we got in billionaire benefactor owners like they have at Chelsea and City, it's our only realistic hope to become one of the very top teams.

Lots of people don't like that option, that's fair enough. I haven't changed my mind though, it would easily be the best way forward.

I have said many times it would be better for us to get owners in that would invest serious money into the club. Lots of people have disagreed with that idea, saying they don't want 'sugar daddies' etc. Fine.

But while we have owners who basically just use the fans' money to run the club, it's highly unlikely we can be realistic contenders for the Prem or CL titles, and the occasional CL qualification is about our best hope.

Maybe the new stadium may change things, maybe ...

Levy isn't to blame for AVB not fulfilling his 'potential'. Ultimately AVB couldn't get it right with the tactics, we've got a great squad.

It's not just about AVB though, It's really whether Levy/Enic have taken us as far as they can. We've somewhat stagneted on the pitch over the past 4 or 5 seasons and their handling of our managerial situations has been shoddy as fuck. They've set up a great profitable business though.

Just as a quick note to people, it's not a case of Levy in or Levy out, it is ENIC in or ENIC out. Levy is simply the chairman, the face of the board and basically makes sure the board isn't just a bunch of rich old men rambling on at board meetings.

Levy may go, but similar decisions will still remain. Whilst Levy obviously does have an input over decisions, it is the board that ultimately decides such things as sacking a manager.

Either way, I have absolutely no idea as to whether they are truly good or bad for the club although on the balance of things (and relative to other boards and chairmen at clubs) I would say we don't have it that bad at Spurs. ENIC haven't plummeted us into debt and they have seemingly ensured that Spurs will not do a Pompey/Leeds and for that you have to be thankful.

I don't think that is fair to say. Every manager he sacks costs him money buying out their contract. He is Spurs just like everyone else on here. He just has high ambitions, like we should have.

#TeamLevy
I tend to agree with you on football matters, but one word here...Stratford. No one who is Spurs would have tried to do that.

Other than that I think he has done okay if you compare him to other chairmen.

It's not just about AVB though, It's really whether Levy/Enic have taken us as far as they can. We've somewhat stagneted on the pitch over the past 4 or 5 seasons and their handling of our managerial situations has been shoddy as fuck. They've set up a great profitable business though.

I think ENIC/Levy already know this and have been actively putting in motion a strategy for the next phase. This phase is about making the club the most attractive for potential investors however keeps them involved with the club.

Bottom line is that we are a well run club with a fantastic infrastructure both on and off the pitch, as a sporting asset it is premium, we have only failed in reaching our own set objectives on the field which is down to the players, coaching staff and managers.

The appointment of AVB was based on restructuring the club based on AVB's 'potential', the appointment of Redknapp was for survival, the appointment of Ramos was a clear error of judgement and the appointment of Jol was a back up plan after Santini's appointment which was another restructuring of the entire club.

Levy knows, Enic know, their time is coming to it's end in the next 3-5 yrs, they just want to achieve the optimal level before relinquishing this premium asset. The eventual buyer could be a disaster? Especially if it's Americans. I wouldn't wish this on us!

Back
Top Bottom