Tottingham Hotspur vs Stoke RUFC 29.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only must. A legitimate CDM. Take your pick

The rest ? Pick your poison

Siggy should be no where near that starting 11 with his recent lack of contributions

I would loved to see Lennon fit n given the start

So how is Daniel and Tim feeling ? A loss to Stoke will kill off all thoughts of a good season. Daniel has seen big money come in for Bale only to spend it on new assets but the value of those new assets has lost a lot of money - Ouch !!!!
Tim has said we need to play the Spurs way, except when most teams come to WHL they park 5 at back with 4 in front of that, hardly conducive to us hitting them on the counter.
So what is the strategy to break down a packed defence ? Ultimately it will be the same as that of AVB, hitting balls from outside 18, just that we longer have Bale to do so. Eriksen is the key for this game, he has to play in front of a DM not as a DM/CM/AM as Tim has played him. And 442 can't beat a 541 so me thinks we need a 4123 with height and muscle to counter SRUFC. We need to win ball aggressively in CM (Holtby) get that ball moving quickly (Holtby, Eriksen) and protect two CB's with a DM (Capoue) who can tackle, head and intercept. And have three in the 18 with Eriksen working the ball in.
Lloris
Naughton, Dawson, Vlad, Rose
Capoue
Holtby, Eriksen
Lamela, Adebayor, Chadli
Have to win.

So how is Daniel and Tim feeling ? A loss to Stoke will kill off all thoughts of a good season. Daniel has seen big money come in for Bale only to spend it on new assets but the value of those new assets has lost a lot of money - Ouch !!!!
Tim has said we need to play the Spurs way, except when most teams come to WHL they park 5 at back with 4 in front of that, hardly conducive to us hitting them on the counter.
So what is the strategy to break down a packed defence ? Ultimately it will be the same as that of AVB, hitting balls from outside 18, just that we longer have Bale to do so. Eriksen is the key for this game, he has to play in front of a DM not as a DM/CM/AM as Tim has played him. And 442 can't beat a 541 so me thinks we need a 4123 with height and muscle to counter SRUFC. We need to win ball aggressively in CM (Holtby) get that ball moving quickly (Holtby, Eriksen) and protect two CB's with a DM (Capoue) who can tackle, head and intercept. And have three in the 18 with Eriksen working the ball in.
Lloris
Naughton, Dawson, Vlad, Rose
Capoue
Holtby, Eriksen
Lamela, Adebayor, Chadli
Have to win.
Really like the look of that team

Lloris
Chadli---Daws----Vlad----Rose
Paulo------Eriksen
Lamela-----------------------Siggs
Ade-----Soldado​

Minimal change. It will happen for us if we keep faithfiul. The team needs to excite the crowd, it doesnt seem to want to happen the other way round?

Last edited:
Not sure of where we are with (know, Vert/Sandro out?) injury's, but, I,d rather see Townsend as a RW-Back, rather than Naughton! 4-1-3-2.......................

Townsend, Daws, Vlad, Rose (4)
Capoue (1)
Paulinho or Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela (free role)
Ade, Soldado

Width from the Wing-Backs!

COYS!!

Not sure of where we are with (know, Vert/Sandro out?) injury's, but, I,d rather see Townsend as a RW-Back, rather than Naughton! 4-1-3-2.......................

Townsend, Daws, Vlad, Rose (4)
Capoue (1)
Paulinho or Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela (free role)
Ade, Soldado

Width from the Wing-Backs!

COYS!!

inverted fullbacks :sherwoodwtf:

:troll:

Though he might be better in this system of Timmy's, if Lennon plays over Lamela ... I'll go all HAM on here.
Lennon plays or doesn't play, Coco HAS to play. Just fit him somewhere .... oh, and Eriksen too.

Btw, I am glad with TS about one thing ... his integration of Eriksen.

Is this in comparison to AVB who froze out an injured Eriksen, or do you mean you're glad he's continuing AVB's precedent?
The latter of course.
Didn't mean it as a dig towards AVB in any way. It was a shame Eriksen was injured during the most part under AVB. Eriksen could have been just the one that AVB needed. I'm just glad that Eriksen is fit and so far continuously starting for us. It's about time he gets to contribute his quality in the team.

Back
Top Bottom