Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WILL WE WIN?

• Total voters
OK, I guess thats aimed at the other poster, as I have said on a couple of occasions that believe Vertonghen and Chiriches would be our best CB pairing. I just hate to see the constant and often ignorant attacks on Dawson. You have been guilty of making carping remarks in the past, if they were more aimed at the poster than Dawson I apologise, that was how I read them.

No problem with Dawson, happy for him to be 3rd or 4th choice at the club, well capable of being a first teamer when required, just feel we can do better partnering Vertonghen with someone else i.e. a pre-injury Kaboul. I think Chiriches would be better served as Vertonghen's very capable deputy seeing as their preferred position and style of play is the same/similar.

I'm loving how outraged Moyes is, little annoying that it's overshadowing the win but it's funny to see just how much this has farted on his weetabix.:adelol:

Couldn't care less if they should have had 6 penalties. Karma.

In all seriousness though I really hope Sherwood tells Lloris to cut out those ridiculous moments. He didn't need to come out.

Here what your saying but it's in his DNA to come out like that.

For me we're talking about split seconds between it being a great challenge and an awful one - and he is ever so slightly off his game.

I think he is having a slight blip at the moment but it'll come good and we will be raving about the number of points he has won for us making those sort of challenges.

Here what your saying but it's in his DNA to come out like that.

For me we're talking about split seconds between it being a great challenge and an awful one - and he is ever so slightly off his game.

I think he is having a slight blip at the moment but it'll come good and we will be raving about the number of points he has won for us making those sort of challenges.
I want him to keep doing it, on balance it will earn us more than it costs us when he gets the odd one wrong

Also his punch outside the box in the early stages.. He has been lucky on three occasions now, where he has handled outside the box.. There is no need for it and he will get caught one day..

Calm it down Hugo boy...

Also his punch outside the box in the early stages.. He has been lucky on three occasions now, where he has handled outside the box.. There is no need for it and he will get caught one day..

Calm it down Hugo boy...

I don't see what else he could do - would be mighty close if he hadn't punched it.

On second thoughts, why didn't he employ the salmon header?

Someone has to make a GIF of that.

2 consecutive away wins at Old Trafford and 2 possible penalties not given :lamelashock:

sign_from_god-1.jpg

No problem with Dawson, happy for him to be 3rd or 4th choice at the club, well capable of being a first teamer when required, just feel we can do better partnering Vertonghen with someone else i.e. a pre-injury Kaboul. I think Chiriches would be better served as Vertonghen's very capable deputy seeing as their preferred position and style of play is the same/similar.
The assumption being that Kaboul will get any kind of form back. It pays to bear in mind that even his best was regularly panned for errors of judgement.

The assumption being that Kaboul will get any kind of form back. It pays to bear in mind that even his best was regularly panned for errors of judgement.

I think Kabouls tendency to have a brain fart was massively reduced when he came back from Pompey, such that it was no worse than anyone else (Dawson, Vertonghen and Chiriches all guilty at times this season...)

I do think he was becoming a high quality and dependable defender for us, the thought of him and Vertonghen paired makes me wonder if there are better pairings in the league? Probably, but not by much.

However, his fitness is a major major issue and getting to the point where it appears he is simply broken and wont be fit again. For 2 seasons now we have been waiting for him to play regularly...

I want to see the smalling handball again, when he gave away a corner with nobody around him. Watching it live it looked like a pen, but i have only seen one crap angle replay. First half i think?

What a great night. Anyone else that went find that their voice sounds different today. BTW, is anyone able to do a mock up of Howard Webb in a Spurs shirt. ( i wouldnt know where to start) Got a few Man utd "mates" I really want to take he piss out of

does anyone have any highlights that ain't Match of the Day?? I wanna re-watch us, not what the Beeb thought was worthy of showing

Back
Top Bottom