Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WILL WE WIN?

• Total voters

Anybody else find adebayors reaction after our second goal strange? He walks back to centre circle as if we have conceded! I do wonder about him.

GXR0vmu.jpg

Not the greatest, but it'll do the trick.[/quote]
That is absolute class. Cheers pal.

I know there's going to be pricks around my area, especially on Facebook, that will be roaring over lack of decisions and how they should have won.

I'm just going to comment on every one of the statuses with the words...

Pedro Mendes

I know there's going to be pricks around my area, especially on Facebook, that will be roaring over lack of decisions and how they should have won.

I'm just going to comment on every one of the statuses with the words...

Pedro Mendes
Seriously- Smalling. Someone needs to post a picture of his arm on the ball. That, to me, was the only penalty that should have been 100% given. I bet MOTD (watching in a few) missed it too.

Great result, but what was up with Sherwood's subs?

Kane n Bentaleb were both clearly in over their heads. And Chadli was a turnover machine.
I actually thought the Kane substitution was a master stroke by Sherwood. Soldado was doing nothing on his own up front, and the pressure on the defence was relentless. Kane came on and put himself about easing that somewhat. It was a brave move from Tim, and it worked. Plus we got to see Harry booting the ball into the crowd just to wind them up a bit more!! 'Ave it!!!

I've been to O.T numerous times in the past, but yesterday was the worst I've ever seen it on the train there and back, it was like going to a tourist convention. I've never seen so many blood Nikon cameras in one place. Its embarrassing!

Me and my bro were thinking that. Our tram must have been at least 50% Asian. (The people on it).

I think Kabouls tendency to have a brain fart was massively reduced when he came back from Pompey, such that it was no worse than anyone else (Dawson, Vertonghen and Chiriches all guilty at times this season...)

I do think he was becoming a high quality and dependable defender for us, the thought of him and Vertonghen paired makes me wonder if there are better pairings in the league? Probably, but not by much.

However, his fitness is a major major issue and getting to the point where it appears he is simply broken and wont be fit again. For 2 seasons now we have been waiting for him to play regularly...
I like the idea of having two central defenders who can carry the ball out of defence - so long as they don't both do it at the same time, and Chiriches and Vertonghen are both capable of doing so. Whilst they do get things wrong occasionally their performances are pretty constant and dependable, whereas I always felt Kaboul capable of gross errors of judgement as well as an ability to go missing. Even with all 4 of them fit and top of their game, I would prefer to see Chiriches and Vertonghen paired off - their collective failing would be the lack of aerial presence.

I do like the idea of Vertonghen and Chiriches, but I wonder if they are too alike to be complimentary.

The best CD partnerships I can think of usually consist of a Robust CD and a more ball playing one.

I do like the idea of Vertonghen and Chiriches, but I wonder if they are too alike to be complimentary.

The best CD partnerships I can think of usually consist of a Robust CD and a more ball playing one.
Yes I still think Kaboul and Vertonghen would be our best partnership, if Kaboul can find his pre-injury form (or even if he can get fit in the first place!)

The good thing about Vertonghen and Kaboul is that they are two of the hardest "Ball Playing" centre backs around so wouldnt be as much need for the Tank and Rolls Royce combo back there, again wishful thinking with our notorious CB injury history, look how pivotal Dawson has become now with the young learning Chiriches still finding regular form, was all over the place the game before

Anybody else find adebayors reaction after our second goal strange? He walks back to centre circle as if we have conceded! I do wonder about him.

Probably 'cos Lennon took the ball before he could, therefore denying him the chance to 'Do the Salute' Celebration again... (and whatever odd religio/political connotations that represents!) ...no wonder he wasn't best pleased!

BTW, who was Lennon going ape-shit at while they were walking off at the end...?

Rose???

Kane...??????

Penry, the Mild-Mannered Janitor...?

Hong_Kong_Phooey006.jpg

Could be!!!!

Much agreed. If you catch him right before Eriksen heads it in , Ade does the heading motion. Thinking he was a bit bitter at not getting the chance on the brace. LOL

I thought Hugo's last minute diving header was outrageous. Made my heart stop for a few seconds, but the clearance was great.
Couldn't find a gif of it so i had to make one myself :llorisserious:

aIqcgN.gif

Back
Top Bottom