Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's all cool mate. Fair play to apologising. Hats off.

I can see where you are coming from to an extent.

We've hardly had no LB that has taken the team by storm ... Not for a while anyway.

Although AVB sent Ekotto out on loan ... amazing really.

I dont know if we can recall him, if its in his contract or not ?

I still think we need to look at the whole team in regards to the left hand situation.

Yeah let`s buy a proper left back... even if we buy coentrao and call benny back we`ll be in trouble if we play without a dm and a left mid who is not great at defending

yes, guy is a nightmare. even vs united he shit the bed. you really trust that guy in your back four? clearly the team isn't working. AVB fucked us with signing some of these players. IMO they are overrated and overpaid. danny rose has gottta go. sign luke shaw from southampton get rid of the monkey.

The fact you think we'd have a chance at getting Luke Shaw shows what a stupid fucking cunt you really are.

I just can't see Rose being our long term solution at left back and I honestly think that if he has a future at the Lane, it'll be at left wing. Sure- he can attack from deep in a manner reminiscent of Walker, but Walker has the physicality to win 50-50s and force opponents out wide. Rose doesn't have that, and his defensive nous isn't that of a top full back, which is no criticsm of him personally considering he didn't really play in that position until he was converted a few years back.

I don't think he deserves shipping out, I just don't think he deserves to make the left back spot permanently his, either.

He is not all that bad, as I mentioned in the match thread he has terrible tactical and positional awareness but thankfully that can be coached out of him. The reactions on here are completely over the top as personally I can see him becoming a solid left back for us without doubt.

2 main issues for me. Firstly his football brain is shocking. Always makes the wrong choice. Even when it's obvious what to do. Secondly he is meant to be better going forward but adds little more than a out of control car. His crossing is shit and technically he us weak. Back up yes but not first team.

na mate, your gonna want a winger than can get back and defend too, rose isn't that guy. plus he isn't good enough going forward to be a winger, we can do much better. he is either riding the pine collecting his wages. or we ship him out and replace with class.

I don't know about him being too poor defensively to play as a winger for us, after all he's been playing left back for us and Sunderland so he clearly has some defensive acumen, just not enough for a top class left back, which he wouldn't need as an out and out winger.

You might have a point about his attacking game, I just hope we can mould him into the left sided Lennon- quick and able to beat a man but willing to put in a shift defensively and interchange with his full back.

I don't know about him being too poor defensively to play as a winger for us, after all he's been playing left back for us and Sunderland so he clearly has some defensive acumen, just not enough for a top class left back, which he wouldn't need as an out and out winger.

You might have a point about his attacking game, I just hope we can mould him into the left sided Lennon- quick and able to beat a man but willing to put in a shift defensively and interchange with his full back.
He already proofed he has a better shot than lennon, but from winger to lb to lm? :confused: Weird but who knows:baletroll:

You guys are all fucking ridiculous. For the majority of games Rose has been very good for us. He didn't play that well today, outside of his massive mistake. The guy is still learning the position and still learning the game. That will be 90% of players his age (Shaw makes mistakes too, aimed at the clown who made a racist comment to Rose). We don't have a Russian billionaire owner, we can't afford to have a world class veteran at every position always. Rose has been very good for us, and he will most likely stay, as he should. I'd like to see a veteran LB brought in, I don't want BAE back, Fryers hasn't convinced me at all.

You guys are all fucking ridiculous. For the majority of games Rose has been very good for us. He didn't play that well today, outside of his massive mistake. The guy is still learning the position and still learning the game. That will be 90% of players his age (Shaw makes mistakes too, aimed at the clown who made a racist comment to Rose). We don't have a Russian billionaire owner, we can't afford to have a world class veteran at every position always. Rose has been very good for us, and he will most likely stay, as he should. I'd like to see a veteran LB brought in, I don't want BAE back, Fryers hasn't convinced me at all.

finally some fuckn sense in here :thumbup:

He is not all that bad, as I mentioned in the match thread he has terrible tactical and positional awareness but thankfully that can be coached out of him. The reactions on here are completely over the top as personally I can see him becoming a solid left back for us without doubt.

I'd rather see some other side coach it out of him. I really don't rate him at all.

This thread really highlights how temperamental football fans are. He made a fucking huge mistake, thats a given but he has been integral to our team since he's come back from his two month injury even if he isn't what you'd call 'in form'. People condemning him really are clueless.

He'll be fine. It was a bad mistake but every defender has made one at some point. He's still been good enough to deserve to be first choice. We do need cover though. You can tell Rose is knackered and Vertonghen and Naughton are not the answer for cover on the left.

Back
Top Bottom