Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Defoes gone, naughton looks likely, just reading that holtby's in Germany negotiating a potential move and we may also sell Capoue..start of the window I wouldn't have cared if we didn't sign anyone, now with money coming in and no replacements lined up I'm getting worried.. Is levy up to his old tricks again???

but we'll probably get more shekels for holtby than for siggurdson. Remember, this is daniel levy were talking about. Its all about profit, not glory
Looking at Everton now I see it as the board or owner or whoever can see that top four is there for the taking and what do they do? Do they sign an old fart of an centre half or an half crocked has-been striker. No they bring in two good players which have boosted their squad. Albeit McGeady was cheap(or was he free?) and we got a good player in Holtby for peanuts, however it should be teams like Everton that free transfer old players in January (due to their lack of financial power) not us. Although I don't believe we should sign anyone major unless we sell any of our main players this window (this should definitely not happen), the last two seasons when top four has been there for the taking ENIC has failed to invest.

Seriously, if we sell Holtby and Capoue ... who are we left with in center midfield?
Dembele, Paulo, Sandro, Bentaleb, Eriksen (sort of), and possibly Carroll.

Holtby's loss would be one thing.
(Where while I do rate Tommy, but replacing someone who has played well even in the Champions League with someone playing averagely in the Championship atm ... is quite hard to fathom)

But losing a genuine DM??
I thought Levy did great to bring in another solid DM last Summer.

If Capoue is sold, we surely would need another DM. Bentaleb is not a defensive mf imo, Paulo too isn't so great at defensive aspects, and if Sandro gets injured again ... we are screwed.

Seriously, if we sell Holtby and Capoue ... who are we left with in center midfield?
Dembele, Paulo, Sandro, Bentaleb, Eriksen (sort of), and possibly Carroll.

Holtby's loss would be one thing.
(Where while I do rate Tommy, but replacing someone who has played well even in the Champions League with someone playing averagely in the Championship atm ... is quite hard to fathom)

But losing a genuine DM??
I thought Levy did great to bring in another solid DM last Summer.

If Capoue is sold, we surely would need another DM. Bentaleb is not a defensive mf imo, Paulo too isn't so great at defensive aspects, and if Sandro gets injured again ... we are screwed.

I'm going to stay clear until I see an official announcement. This is too stressful :chadliblow:

if Levy lets that weasel faced back stabbing gooner snake cunt dismantle our midfield HE NEEDS A FUCKN SLAP

FUCK THIS 442 OLD SKOOL ENGLISH BOLLOCKS

get Van Gaal in go 433 and lets get with the fucking times

FFS.

Last edited:
get Van Gaal in go 433 and lets get with the fucking times

Or AVB Back and we can play

2-2-1-2-1-1-1 :avblol:

or was it 4-1-2-1-1-1 :avbshit:

unless they are in their half, then it's 0-2-6-1-1 :avbcringe:

or was it 0-4-1-3-2 :avbfacepalm:

No, just the one striker :avbdamn:

:avbnaa: fuck it.

I joke of course
:troll:

:levyeyes:

Back on topic - surely we're going to replace Defoe?

I can't see the Capoue thing being true either as surely it wouldn't be a Levy profit?

:levyeyes:

Back on topic - surely we're going to replace Defoe?

250016833.jpg

:levylol:

Benteke tonight vs The scum. Oh my

Those tap on's with the head on the long ball, the strength n balance and that goal. Soldado has seen a dozen of those type of balls and not buried one of them...I know , I know. Just couldn't resist

You just know what's going to happen. Sherwood trims the squad with the finesse of a chainsaw , bad run of form before end of season, CL missed, Sherwood sacked, new manager (see step 1 and repeat)

Back
Top Bottom