Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A fantastic result and performance from the lads. Finally we have given another PL team a proper thrashing, which has vastly improved our goal difference, as well as 3 more points. Top 4 here we come!!

COYS

Went to the railway which always shows the tottenham games on moody satellite i always dread this pub when Woolwich and spurs are playing as we always give a way lead and they nick a result resulting in huge sledges from the scum. They were so silent tonight Spurs were rampant against a shite geordie side but the dregs of the squad started playing chadli goal a pearler and lennon's position must be under threat. Capoue played really well and the Paulino back flick to feed the adebayor strike which paulino followed up on was pure sex

Last edited:
Pretty pleased with our league position. We know we're shit at holding onto leads in the table. Maybe we'll be better at battling back from behind?

A fantastic result and performance from the lads. Finally we have given another PL team a proper thrashing, which has vastly improved our goal difference, as well as 3 more points. Top 4 here we come!!

COYS
we probably need to win all our remaining games by that margin in order to catch up with liverpools goal difference mind. but yeah, point wise we are right in it and its nice to win comfortably for once.

the most encouraging thing for me is that we seem to be improving each game and confidence and belief seems to be growing.
I don't know, the result today aside, things still seem pretty touch and go.

The one positive of Sherwood's reign so far is that he definitely seems inclined to keep experimenting with the lineup and formation.

We were under the cosh for most of the second half,....hardly a classic beating
Really were you there. Saw the game on a moody satellite and hugo had hardly a thing to do in second half and we constantly carved them up. Newcastle were shite we cant judge the season on this result but we can take sucur and newcastle never even had a "cosh" never mind putting us under it. You must of been watching it under a acid haze.

tumblr_n0wmcoCSNE1r8e765o1_400.gif

tumblr_n0wmcoCSNE1r8e765o3_400.gif

tumblr_n0wmcoCSNE1r8e765o7_400.gif

Really were you there. Saw the game on a moody satellite and hugo had hardly a thing to do in second half and we constantly carved them up. Newcastle were shite we cant judge the season on this result but we can take sucur and newcastle never even had a "cosh" never mind putting us under it. You must of been watching it under a acid haze.

Too much black piss for you I reckon, or were you too busy beating Mary? The first 30 mins of the second half we hardly touched the ball

I don't know, the result today aside, things still seem pretty touch and go.

The one positive of Sherwood's reign so far is that he definitely seems inclined to keep experimenting with the lineup and formation.

Still a lot of room for improvement, I agree, but the overall trend seems positive. Last two games for instance, we have defended better and closed the opposition down in midfield. Under AVB these kinds of obvious issues simply continued unfixed game after game. And now the opposition doesn't know in advance of the game what kind of team/tactics they will be up against. We're taking our chances and have a striker scoring almost every game, which is a novelty so far this season. And Kaboul is back!

we have conceded the same number of goals as Liverpool this season but they have scored 30 (30!!) more than us

despite this we sit a mere three points behind them... bizarre

Too much black piss for you I reckon, or were you too busy beating Mary? The first 30 mins of the second half we hardly touched the ball
okay easy enough find me a single commentator from press, blogs or this forum that reinforce your point and i will gladly meet you for a pint and buy 4. The idea that newcastle had us under the cosh is patently ridiculous withdraw while you have the chance.

Back
Top Bottom