Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So as well as playing Liverpool, we have to play Chelsea, edit: Man U and Woolwich as our big games remaining this season.
But as well as playing us, Liverpool have to play Chelsea, Man City and Man United. So it's pretty even.
That 6 pointer between us could be all important, but the other games against 'weaker' opposition could well be vital for each side. I hope we continue to beat the teams we should; if we do that and don't lose to Liverpool I reckon we'll come out on top.

Last edited:
So as well as playing Liverpool, we have to play Chelsea, Man U and Woolwich as our big games remaining this season.
But as well as playing us, Liverpool have to play Chelsea, Man City and Man United. So it's pretty even.
That 6 pointer between us could be all important, but the other games against 'weaker' opposition could well be vital for each side. I hope we continue to beat the teams we should; if we do that and don't lose to Liverpool I reckon we'll come out on top.
We don't play Utd (already taken 4 PTS from them)

HELL THE FUCK YEAH!!!!

Sorry just now posting. I am in North Carolina in the USA, currently being butt-raped by a bizarre winter storm. Bad news: getting ass-raped by weather. Good news: freed up the afternoon to watch Spurs. FUCKING AWESOME. It is really exciting to see Ade coming to life under Sherwood. So nice to see our goal differential into positive territory.

COYS!!!!!

Champions League, bitches!! It can happen!!!!

HELL THE FUCK YEAH!!!!

Sorry just now posting. I am in North Carolina in the USA, currently being butt-raped by a bizarre winter storm. Bad news: getting ass-raped by weather. Good news: freed up the afternoon to watch Spurs. FUCKING AWESOME. It is really exciting to see Ade coming to life under Sherwood. So nice to see our goal differential into positive territory.

COYS!!!!!

Champions League, bitches!! It can happen!!!!
Oh Oh.... I'm coming to NC in two weeks, hope the weather improves by then!!!! Mind you, its not that great here, parts of the country are under water and we are currently being blown to pieces here. Crazy weather

I'll admit I was worried by our team selection going into this game, Newcastle didn't roll over by any means regardless of what the scoreline said, Lloris pulled out a bagful of fine saves but I was pleased by the team's performance, nice to see us start a game brightly for once. Good display! COYS!

Out of all our players, Bentaleb benefits most from having a natural holding midfielder. Looked more comfortable on the left of a midfield three, bringing the ball forward and at times provided width when Azza went wandering..

of3jvt.jpg

Out of all our players, Bentaleb benefits most from having a natural holding midfielder. Looked more comfortable on the left of a midfield three, bringing the ball forward and at times provided width when Azza went wandering..

I agree.

My problem with Sherwood is still this "holding midfielders don't exist" shit. It's the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard, and game by game he's going against his theory.

Bentaleb was billed as the answer to having a holding midfielder - he isn't at all, the boy is a pivot or attacking midfielder.

I hope we can now move on from Sherwood holding ridiculous principles and picking players not on merit just to prove a point.

What was impressive was putting Lennon on the left to provide cover for naughton which worked well but whoever was supposed to be on the right, drifted into the middle and at times we had too many in the centre and that meant a ball over the top nearly caught us out a few times but Kaboul & Verts were solid, Lloris was also excellent although did come out to meet cisse on one occasion and had to get back in goal sharpish!

We were fortunate that Newcastle wasted their opportunities but to be fair we should have scored several towards the end, particularly Townsend who should have scored a brace!

Does anyone know what the situ is with Dembele?

Think Capoue was looking a little sharper today and if Kaboul can stay fit that might just shore up the defence.

Back
Top Bottom