Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

debuchy.gif

What acting school did he go to William shatners.

...the difference was Lloris was on his game and Krul was not...remember, Krul had a blinder against us last time...for a managerial think tank who consider defensive midfielders to be obsolete, they seemed to play a lot of them - next thing you know we'll see Sandro for Lennon at LW...besides Naughton, this was probably our best starting 11...not impressed with Townsend - looked very tentative when he came on...
COYS

No, I'm suggesting that all those who said that now he had a contract he'd only phone in his performances because "that's what he did everywhere else" were talking absolute shit.

Was that not obvious, or are you just trying to shit stir?

Now if you had said "playing like the transfer windows shut" it would have come across like you had a clue about football

...the difference was Lloris was on his game and Krul was not...remember, Krul had a blinder against us last time...for a managerial think tank who consider defensive midfielders to be obsolete, they seemed to play a lot of them - next thing you know we'll see Sandro for Lennon at LW...besides Naughton, this was probably our best starting 11...not impressed with Townsend - looked very tentative when he came on...
COYS
Played 30 minutes, had the most shots for us bar Adebayor. :townhmm:

Scored fuck all, again...:adestare:

It was good to see Sherwood had the balls to drop Dawson (had played every minute of the season up until that point). We had 2 better centre backs fit, and he started them. Could have easily bottled it and carried on with Dawson despite his costly mistakes lately.

Good shout Tim. Picked a team no sane person in the world would have, and he fuckin pulled it off.

3 points against Norwich please.

It was good to see Sherwood had the balls to drop Dawson (had played every minute of the season up until that point). We had 2 better centre backs fit, and he started them. Could have easily bottled it and carried on with Dawson despite his costly mistakes lately.

Good shout Tim. Picked a team no sane person in the world would have, and he fuckin pulled it off.

3 points against Norwich please.

Feel for Dawson, he has been a great servant but I feel Verts, Kaboul and Chriches are better footballers than him, same with Lennon he can make a great impact sub but I feel they are not first 11 any more not if we are trying to get top four. Capoue looked much better and with Bentaleb pushed forward I thought the midfield was more balanced. I get the feeling Tim will use our beast (strong, quick players) for the hard games to come such as the Chavs and the scum. A team with Capoue, Sandro, Bentaleb, Paulinho and Demebele will be hard to break down.

Feel for Dawson, he has been a great servant but I feel Verts, Kaboul and Chriches are better footballers than him, same with Lennon he can make a great impact sub but I feel they are not first 11 any more not if we are trying to get top four. Capoue looked much better and with Bentaleb pushed forward I thought the midfield was more balanced. I get the feeling Tim will use our beast (strong, quick players) for the hard games to come such as the Chavs and the scum. A team with Capoue, Sandro, Bentaleb, Paulinho and Demebele will be hard to break down.
He has been, and still has something to offer us, but he shouldn't be captain (i.e. first name on the team sheet), he should be played on a form basis, and he hasn't been in form.

We have 3 very good, cultured, ball-playing centre backs - I don't see how Dawson can compete when all fit to be honest.

He has been, and still has something to offer us, but he shouldn't be captain (i.e. first name on the team sheet), he should be played on a form basis, and he hasn't been in form.

We have 3 very good, cultured, ball-playing centre backs - I don't see how Dawson can compete when all fit to be honest.

It is a squad game though and Daws might not be 1st choice for our best centre back pairing but he's an essential part of the team in my eyes.
A great fall back to use if we have injuries and though he will privately be frustrated at lack of games when all are fit.... will he snipe and cause bad morale? Will he be in the press demanding game time or a transfer?
I seem to remember loads of media talk a year or so ago about the problems of so many foreigners in a team (Newcastle I think) and how it can be easy for the team spirit to fragment and there be factions in the team... which will certainly not help, especially in a poor run of form.
Daws plays with his heart on his sleeve, he's Spurs through and through, fantastic ambassador in interviews after games. And despite a lot of stick from groups of fans in recent times (which thanks to all the media exposure is everywhere these days) he hasn't batted an eyelid
Not being privy to what goes on behind the scenes, I can only imagine him being an excellent team member, quick to help snuff out morale and squad issues, helping new players settle etc.

Back
Top Bottom