Bundesliga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im excited to see what Fox does in the U.S. with Bundesliga rights. I am not sure if a tv deal was signed and sealed but I think that a similar model to what NBC has done can make this league a great success in the States. Right now, Ligue 1 has more tv time than Bundesliga...shame really.

Guys, guys! The game starts in 20 minutes, guys! Hello?
forever_alone_by_foreveraloneplz.png

Pep has transferred Bayern's movement substantially - very interesting to watch

You amaze me. He's brought the same style of play you so despised in his previous job!
What Zin said. He's made them much slower in attack. So much so that it's barely half as fun to watch them. They can do the incredible because they have some of the absolute best players in the world but if they were allowed to attack with a little bit more directness they'd completely destroy all teams in the world.

What Zin said. He's made them much slower in attack. So much so that it's barely half as fun to watch them. They can do the incredible because they have some of the absolute best players in the world but if they were allowed to attack with a little bit more directness they'd completely destroy all teams in the world.
It's not always about the direct approach though. They should tailor their style to the team that they're facing - and Pep coming in gives them another angle of attack to use. They're more balanced now.

It's not always about the direct approach though. They should tailor their style to the team that they're facing - and Pep coming in gives them another angle of attack to use. They're more balanced now.
Did you see them under Jupp? they had a much better defensive record then than now, no small part thanks to spending less time in transition phases and places and more time in the attacking 3rd.

Did you see them under Jupp? they had a much better defensive record then than now, no small part thanks to spending less time in transition phases and places and more time in the attacking 3rd.
Did they though? They've conceded 9 goals in 22 league matched this season! I can't count how many times they've won away from home this season with a clean sheet.

18 in 34 with most of the conceeded coming after they had already won the title IIRC

18 in 34 with most of the conceeded coming after they had already won the title IIRC
Yep, they were pretty amazing last season. I think Pep has just built on the good work by Heynckes, and they a very flexible team now that can play in a variety of different fashions (counter-attacking, possession-based, good at set-pieces etc). But their defensive record was not 'much better' last season. It's pretty much the same, with their goalscoring record being slightly better (so far anyway).

Yep, they were pretty amazing last season. I think Pep has just built on the good work by Heynckes, and they a very flexible team now that can play in a variety of different fashions (counter-attacking, possession-based, good at set-pieces etc). But their defensive record was not 'much better' last season. It's pretty much the same, with their goalscoring record being slightly better (so far anyway).
No doubt he's built on the good work already there, he's made them even better at keeping possession and to a degree movement off the ball. In Europe they are probably stronger than they were last year, but domestically they seem wobbly and a bit frail sometimes due to the nature of how the league is, all out attack from the off with no time for breathing breaks. Yes they keep winning in the league and are without a doubt the best team in the world, but the reluctance to go for the kill early in matches has bit them in the arse on more than one occasion this season.

I had the same critisism of Pep at Barcelona when he was there, with the players avaliable to him, there's no need to just keep the ball for long stretches when you're not up against the other super heavyweights of europe. They should, in my view, attack from the off and try to get 1-3 goals inside the first 35, as they are capable of that. With the solidity they have off the ball there's no need to play conservatively for 45-60mins to wear opposition down. In fact, I'm sure the opposition would become exhausted quicker if they were forced to defend counter-attacks a bit more often, or just passing play in the final third at the speed these players are capable of.

That post I wrote above is currently being torn to shreds by BM against Schalke, 18mins in and 2-0. Playing absolutely fantastic attacking based possession football. Incredible to watch, if Pep keeps them playing like this for the rest of his reign they'll be unbeatable.

Correction... 28mins 4-0, Schalke aren't exactly playing well, but BM are just out of this world. No team on this planet can challenge them right now...

This really is the most beautiful football I've ever watched. Kroos just reaches new heights each time I watch him, but the team as a whole is just magnificent. Just have to mention the fact that against Woolwich he (Kroos) completed the same number of passes than the whole Woolwich team (147).

This really is the most beautiful football I've ever watched. Kroos just reaches new heights each time I watch him, but the team as a whole is just magnificent. Just have to mention the fact that against Woolwich he (Kroos) completed the same number of passes than the whole Woolwich team (147).
And to think people have the audacity to link him with the faltering man utd... if he were to leave Bayern he'd go to another elite team...

Correction... 28mins 4-0, Schalke aren't exactly playing well, but BM are just out of this world. No team on this planet can challenge them right now...
I loved Alaba absolutely bombing forward, and pretty much completely unmarked. Pep was a master at getting his full-backs to time their runs into the final third, and he's brought that to Bayern.

I still think that Real would give them a very good tie over two legs. Dante would get turned inside out by Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema

Back
Top Bottom