Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we got him to stay for a season didn't we?

if Liverpool don't get top 4 and Real Madrid offer big money for Suarez do you think he will stay?

Players like Modric we should have been building around , we don't , we sell

Probably yes but it looks like they're good for top 4

Players like Modric we should have been building around , we don't , we sell

Probably yes but it looks like they're good for top 4
we should do but when Real come knocking, or Barca, or Bayern, or even United I think most players of most clubs will force their way out.
half our problem is we never have enough quality players at the same time.
Lamela/eriksen may turn out amazing but by then Verts and Lloris may have been poached

we got him to stay for a season didn't we?

if Liverpool don't get top 4 and Real Madrid offer big money for Suarez do you think he will stay?
Wasn't Suarez supposed to leave last summer based on that? We finished above the bin dippers, yet it was Bale who left and not Suarez. Liverpool managed to keep hold of their star player while we didn't.

Wasn't Suarez supposed to leave last summer based on that? We finished above the bin dippers, yet it was Bale who left and not Suarez. Liverpool managed to keep hold of their star player while we didn't.

He tried his up most to force a move. But in the end no one bid for him bar Woolwich with a pretty low offer. If the same happened with Bale he wouldn't have gone.

You can't put that down to Liverpool keeping there man at all costs. Also a lovely 200K + deal. Can we pay that, I am not so sure.

Think he was right to make the most of what was a headbutt. Had he not dropped to the deck would the ref of give a card for it? Deserved red and a necessary yet cringing reaction. Fair play to Sandro that look he gave the bloke who got sent off could of killed a bear :adethumbup:

I mostly lurk but had to post. What Jan did tonight was disgraceful and it's not the first time he's brought shame upon THFC by doing something like this. This is as bad as anything Suarez has ever done and it ruins football. Vertonghen runs into the Dnipro player TWICE, the Dnipro player then raises his arm in defence and Vertonghen goes down like a leaf. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, and unless we acknowledge it we lose ALL right to complain about diving, bad ref decisions and such ever again.

To the people who said it was a headbutt; REALLY? Do you really not see that Jan runs straight into the guy, provoking a reaction so that he can dive? It's the worst kind of cheating and I can't believe anyone would try to defend it... this stuff has no place in football.

I mostly lurk but had to post. What Jan did tonight was disgraceful and it's not the first time he's brought shame upon THFC by doing something like this. This is as bad as anything Suarez has ever done and it ruins football. Vertonghen runs into the Dnipro player TWICE, the Dnipro player then raises his arm in defence and Vertonghen goes down like a leaf. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, and unless we acknowledge it we lose ALL right to complain about diving, bad ref decisions and such ever again.

To the people who said it was a headbutt; REALLY? Do you really not see that Jan runs straight into the guy, provoking a reaction so that he can dive? It's the worst kind of cheating and I can't believe anyone would try to defend it... this stuff has no place in football.
just so i understand, vertonghen play acting when he gets nutted is worse than anything Suarez has done?
we are talking about the suarez who got himself 25 games worth of bans in 3 seasons, for biting (twice) and racially abusing an opponent?

this suarez?

Players are constantly trying to provoke reactions out of opponents. Being annoyed does not make a headbutt in response ok. The same dude was constantly fouling and getting in other players faces all game to try to get calls, like he successfully did when he held Verts' arm and went down holding his head. He can have no complaints getting bested in the game he chose to play. A wise man once said, "don't hate the player, hate the game".

Fuck off you wanker

Pussy. Incredibly happy about the result, but worst way to get there.
Yeah but he still folded like deck chair which was pretty lame. Oh well.

What you need to understand is the nature of football these days. He nutted him, therefore should have been sent off. But, had Jan not gone down, I doubt he gets sent off. It's a sad but necessary part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom