Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh fucking come off it, if Adebayor scored an offside handball goal in the Champions League final you lot wouldn't care a shit. All I want Spurs to do is win.

For F, Goodness sake people! Vert was deliberately (key word) head-butted on the field of play! The slow-mo shows his head jolting on contact! Maybe not hard enough to floor him the way that he exaggerated it did, but definitely enough for any player executing such an act, to be sent off! And had Vertonghen not gone to ground, that wanker would have still (undeservedly) remained on the pitch!

I can not believe some of the comments, against Vertonghen. Has this site been infiltrated?

Have you even seen the episode more than one time?

Accidental? Get your head out of your ass.
Watch the douchebag in this video, clear fucking deliberate headbutt. Watch the last angle from 0:50 and then get the fuck out.

Yes, Jan's reaction is drastic, but that fucking prick deserved everything he got.

btw i love ade manhandling the guy off the pitch

I mostly lurk but had to post. What Jan did tonight was disgraceful and it's not the first time he's brought shame upon THFC by doing something like this. This is as bad as anything Suarez has ever done and it ruins football. Vertonghen runs into the Dnipro player TWICE, the Dnipro player then raises his arm in defence and Vertonghen goes down like a leaf. Absolutely disgusting behaviour, and unless we acknowledge it we lose ALL right to complain about diving, bad ref decisions and such ever again.

To the people who said it was a headbutt; REALLY? Do you really not see that Jan runs straight into the guy, provoking a reaction so that he can dive? It's the worst kind of cheating and I can't believe anyone would try to defend it... this stuff has no place in football.
Really? I am sorry, but you should just keep on lurking!

if your gonna defend our players no matter what fine, but the 5'2 dwarf couldn't even reach vertonghen's shoulder. IMO there is absolutely nothing in it. Makes him look like a Fucking Pussy.

Someone call Hawking - the rules of physics have been bent!

A "5'2 dwarf" headbutted a person without jumping even though he couldn't reach his shoulder.

It's a glitch in the matrix!

Zozulya is actually 5'9" in real life. Vertonghen is 6'2.
That 5" is incidentally the distance from top of head to temple.... how coincidental

What you need to understand is the nature of football these days. He nutted him, therefore should have been sent off. But, had Jan not gone down, I doubt he gets sent off. It's a sad but necessary part of the game.

The opponent clearly put his head to Vertonghen's head on purpose. It was incredibly soft. He wasn't trying to inflict damage at all. Vertonghen clearly saw it and felt it and went down. There is no arguing that he was headbutted; there is no arguing that if any single person on the street felt that they wouldn't have even cared. If Vertonghen had done that and the other guy had had the same reaction everyone on here would be freaking out. Not a single one would claim "nature of football these days...necessary part of the game."

All well and good discussing the headbutt... but what about the moody cunt storming down the tunnel.
him and Zeki were about to walk down when it looked like Tim stopped them, Zeki turned around and came back out but Jan had fucked off. Im guessing its not injury related... so maybe it was a tampon emergency?

All well and good discussing the headbutt... but what about the moody cunt storming down the tunnel.
him and Zeki were about to walk down when it looked like Tim stopped them, Zeki turned around and came back out but Jan had fucked off. Im guessing its not injury related... so maybe it was a tampon emergency?

Uhhhhh, he was clearly playing with a shattered cheek bone for the last 35 minutes!

I remember when Zokora dived and won us a penalty and everyone went batshit.
What has happened in the meantime? Did we all suddenly just not care about the cheating in the game any more?
JV falls over quick for a big guy doesn't he?
I've seen my 6 year old girl take more punishment at school sports and keep upright

I remember when Zokora dived and won us a penalty and everyone went batshit.
What has happened in the meantime? Did we all suddenly just not care about the cheating in the game any more?
JV falls over quick for a big guy doesn't he?
I've seen my 6 year old girl take more punishment at school sports and keep upright

It's not cheating though, really, the rule isn't subject to gradation when it comes to a red card - Jan got butted, he is entitled to go down - if he stayed up, the guy would have got away with it.

I remember two season of Gareth Bale getting chopped down constantly but staying on his feet and everyone called him a diver regardless. No merit in being "hard" on the field. You have to also consider their conduct over both legs.

Are you judging his reaction or the validity of the red card? I assume by context its the validity, in which point I think you need to revisit the footage; how he reacted to it isn't relevant in the context that many are discussing it.

Back
Top Bottom