Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Vertonghen had done that and the other guy had had the same reaction everyone on here would be freaking out. Not a single one would claim "nature of football these days...necessary part of the game."

Id be slating Vertonghen more than the guy.....because you know that its a red, despite the swan lake, and he fucked his team up.

People here have criticised Soldado for the elbow, and how it could have ruined us, so I dont think its just a matter of "he plays for Spurs so its ok"..

When he went storming over to Jan looking like he was going to go all ''dnepropetrovsk maniacs'' on his ass I just started searching for Sandro hoping...

...would happen.

#beast #hashtag

_73271019_021328907-1.jpg

It would appear that luckily someone grabbed Sandro by the horns before he could flip Zozulya over the Paxton and into the no mans land of The New Sainsbury's

Anyone got a video of the full incident?

Was busy grabbing some snacks from the kitchen at the time

It wasn't a "Fellani" style butt, more of a style nudge. What the gif doesn't show is the slight tussle they had just before the incident, giving Zozulya a bit of motive I guess.
head-butt-1.gif

You can see Jan's wig wobble in this one, which is the definitive for Zozulya actually headbutting Jan, rather than him just bumping into him.
head-butt-2.gif

The Zozulya Rampage pt1
red-card.gif

The Zozulya Rampage pt2
chaos.gif

Just as a side note, is Bobby's form down to undiagnosed bad eyesight - looks like he can't see anything if you watch him in those GIFs!

Fryers with a cool head

He was like that kid in school who hung around with the hard knocks but was actually a bit of a pacifist -hangs around the group fight a bit lost and just awkwardly says "umm yeahh... i'll knock your....umm.. face... in?"

Why did he go directly to changing rooms after the final whistle?

I have a feeling (before I get flamed for not proving it's true) that he's one of our key players that don't want to play for Tim. It's one of the key issues that have swayed me away from wanted a 2014/15 Sherwood Season.

I must admit watching it at the ground I thought jan was acting it up big style from the reaction of the other guy, but watching it several times this morning the other guy got what he deserved definite head butt (even if Jans reaction was ott). BTW thought Fryers played really well better than that other bloke on the other side.

Jan acted like a bitch but fuck Dnipro they spent the whole tie diving around like kids at the pool. That's football these days, abunch of over paid fannies who will do next to anything to win.

Jan acted like a bitch but fuck Dnipro they spent the whole tie diving around like kids at the pool. That's Ukrainians these days, a bunch of over paid fannies who will do next to anything to keep the chance to play a game outside of their country. On grass.

Fixed :p

It's not cheating though, really, the rule isn't subject to gradation when it comes to a red card - Jan got butted, he is entitled to go down - if he stayed up, the guy would have got away with it.

I remember two season of Gareth Bale getting chopped down constantly but staying on his feet and everyone called him a diver regardless. No merit in being "hard" on the field. You have to also consider their conduct over both legs.

Are you judging his reaction or the validity of the red card? I assume by context its the validity, in which point I think you need to revisit the footage; how he reacted to it isn't relevant in the context that many are discussing it.
so you don't see feigning a mortal injury to get a player sent off as cheating? I saw the minimal contact, did you see the two pieces of pushing that sparked it? They looked far more intimidating.
Perhaps if the authorities forced a mandatory 15 minute medical check up for all players who did this before returning to the field then it might make players behave in a more sportsman like manner.
Dress it how you like, Bale used to dive. Using the reasoning that it was because he was too good for other players and eventually he would go to ground in anticipation isn't an excuse - he used to take to the turf without contact.

Back
Top Bottom