Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vertonghen went straight in the tunnel after the final whistle. Excuse the pun.

I'm guessing he was maybe a little bit embarassed. But hey lets go with he hates Tim.

"I think Tim is doing very well. He feels the connection with the players and everyone is happy with him."

"Every manager has his own thing. Tim is maybe a little bit more direct. You never know what the best thing is for the team so I think this is working out quite well," he said.

On his own return from injury, he added: "I'm happy I'm back. It took me two months. I hope I can do better and better from next week."

Being headbutted in the cheekbone is pretty painful bth.

Yeh he didn't have to go down from the pain, but he DID have to go down so that the right card was given.

Even if he did completely fake everything including contact I wouldn't give a shit tbh considering what cheating cunts the opposition were.

#teamJan

Oh really? I'd say you'd have to be completely naive, or have never played contact sports to believe that the contact hurt even remotely.

Tell you what, the next time you're at the Lane I'll come down and headbutt you...and we can get all the TFC lads and lasses to judge how painful they thought it was on a scale of 1-10.

Oh really? I'd say you'd have to be completely naive, or have never played contact sports to believe that the contact hurt even remotely.

Headbutting is considered an illegal technique in nearly all combat sports, with a few exceptions such as Burmese boxing, professional wrestling, and some mixed martial arts competitions such as Finnfight. Reasons for illegality vary, from specific technical reasons to general inappropriateness: headbutts are prone to cause lacerations, often deeper ones than from punches

Even though generally banned in sport application, several martial arts and self-defense systems do however include headbutting in the curriculum. In some rare systems, such as Eritrean Testa, headbutting is of major focus or is the sole focus.

So headbutts are forbidden even in most FULL contact FIGHTING sports...
and generally forbidden in other sports, ok maybe one or two weird sports that I don't know about...

In soccer from what I know (please correct me if I am wrong) if the referee sees it even a low intensity intentionate headbutt its penalized with a red card, and that wasn't low intensity because Jan was also moving towards that player and the force of impact was amplified because the headbutt came from the opposite direction, and if you look at the replay u see Jan's head vibrating so its actually posible that he felt some pain if not much then enough to justify his reaction, ok maybe a little to dramatical but not blamable.

lol on the other way that is what I find ridiculous and the funniest double "headbutt" I've ever seen in football

Last edited:
Tell you what, the next time you're at the Lane I'll come down and headbutt you...and we can get all the TFC lads and lasses to judge how painful they thought it was on a scale of 1-10.
Ho ho ho.
I didn't say there was no contact, and I "get" the argument that by hitting the deck as though shot, he ensures the incident is seen.
As people are only too keen to remind me, I'm of a different age group to most of you, but I played rugby up to army level in the front row and I have taken quite a few clashes of head, to know what hurts and what doesn't. So you can be a funny cunt at my expense all you like, It still saddens me to see sportsmen resort to these kind of theatrics to get opponents dismissed. Spurs players particularly.
As a matter of interest I agree totally that the guy deserved to be sent off for his actions, I'm just sorry it had to be done in that manner, JV has shown in the Torres incident that he is a man of some thespian distinction.

Everyone has a different level of reaction to pain being inflicted on them, Super Jan just has a low tolerance pain threshold and a couple of Belgium Oscars in his drawer at home.

Ho ho ho.
I didn't say there was no contact, and I "get" the argument that by hitting the deck as though shot, he ensures the incident is seen.
As people are only too keen to remind me, I'm of a different age group to most of you, but I played rugby up to army level in the front row and I have taken quite a few clashes of head, to know what hurts and what doesn't. So you can be a funny cunt at my expense all you like, It still saddens me to see sportsmen resort to these kind of theatrics to get opponents dismissed. Spurs players particularly.
As a matter of interest I agree totally that the guy deserved to be sent off for his actions, I'm just sorry it had to be done in that manner, JV has shown in the Torres incident that he is a man of some thespian distinction.
You are remarkably coherent to be an ex-front rower Mick and yes you would know about head clashes in those scrums that's for sure!

Nope, Meyler should be ashamed of himself for having his head near Pardew.

What an embarrassment to Hull.

:troll:

on the commentary on match of the day the geezer said "thats created quite a buzz around white hart lane, they've not seen that before..."

except erm, yeah.. we have... he's done it before..

Back
Top Bottom