Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm very much down the middle with Tim since his mental breakdown thingy, as it's much better than him being soft and complimenting every team who batter us.

I like the "fuck you, we're spurs" style (you might see the inspiration behind my latest paintshoppro'd avatar)

I find it interesting that "team timmy" have been quiet lately though

In fact, the silence is deafening.
I can only speak for myself but I'm not "silent" I'm just sick of defending him after every game, press conference etc. Everything he says or does gets jumped on and I'm just bored of arguing

Really?

AVBs first 13 league games: 20 Points
Tims first 13 league games: 26 Points..

Sure, but I don't think that we can completely put that feather in Timmy's cap as something that HE earned. Did we perform better because Timmy was there or because AVB wasn't? Maybe some combination of both, but let's pretend that this happened all due to him.

I can only speak for myself but I'm not "silent" I'm just sick of defending him after every game, press conference etc. Everything he says or does gets jumped on and I'm just bored of arguing

Without the views of different people, it's not really worth hearing though.

I'd be interested to know how his recent change in tact has affected or influence your opinion of him, if at all?

Has anyone been put off Sherwood because of it? I prefer it, personally, and I like him more for being ballsy, I just don't know if he's over-doing it now; we'll find out on the pitch I'm sure.

We will just have to see if this approach works or not. If I were a manager of an U18's or U21's side I think it will have the desired effect it's how you get teenage kids to perform (I recall my managers team talks when I was that age and that language/approach was all you got).

Managing men, proffessionals and Internationals alike, we are told by ex-pro's now turned pundits that this method you never do. You never come out and say this publicly we are told………..All I can say is I don't care right now, as I assume since he has been in charge he has been trying to address what we all have been seeing all season long, which has been no desire, will or belief. This means what he and his staff have been doing/saying hasn't worked. So what else can he do? This is the last throw of the dice

Last edited:
We will just have to see if this approach works or not. If I were a manager of an U18's or U21's side I think it will have the desired effect it's how you get teenage kids to perform (I recall my managers team talks when I was that age and that language/approach was all you got).

Managing men, proffessionals and Internationals alike, we are told by ex-pro's now turned pundits that this method you never do. You never come out and say this publicly we are told………..All I can say is I don't care right now, as I assume since he has been in charge he has been trying to address what we all have been seeing all season long, which has been no desire, will or belief. This means what he and his staff have been doing/saying hasn't worked. So what else can he do? This is the last through of the dice
That it's happened so early into his reign shows how he's just not yet got what it takes.

There's also the fact that aside from the removal of AVB, the backroom staff hasn't changed either. It may not just be Tim, it's possible that they don't have faith in the staff that have been with them the whole season.

I'd be interested to know how his recent change in tact has affected or influence your opinion of him, if at all?

Has anyone been put off Sherwood because of it? I prefer it, personally, and I like him more for being ballsy, I just don't know if he's over-doing it now; we'll find out on the pitch I'm sure.
if anything his outburst after Chelsea and today has made me respect him more. He captained a side to the PL title, he knows what it takes to be a winner and can clearly see there were no winners on the pitch on Saturday.

Hopefully the players react well to his comments and come out fighting, but if they don't I'm sure the fans will let them know (I don't agree with that but it's what will happen, the fans won't take kindly to players not putting effort in).

when he got the job i wasnt happy but he got it so i backed him as he was the manager of our club but you CANNOT say these types of things to top flight footballers if you have nothing to back it up with in regards to managerial success.

as Guido said it might work with youngsters but not international players. He going a bit benitez for my liking. knowing he is going and not giving a fuck

if anything his outburst after Chelsea and today has made me respect him more. He captained a side to the PL title, he knows what it takes to be a winner and can clearly see there were no winners on the pitch on Saturday.

Hopefully the players react well to his comments and come out fighting, but if they don't I'm sure the fans will let them know (I don't agree with that but it's what will happen, the fans won't take kindly to players not putting effort in).

I agree, and having a PL winning captain as a manager is fantastic for us.

I just fear that our younger expensive players won't respect that enough to respond, but I'd hope for a lot better from our HG lot

as Guido said it might work with youngsters but not international players. He going a bit benitez for my liking. knowing he is going and not giving a fuck

I think it worked well for Rafa

In fact, I'd say Rafa handled the Chelsea lot brilliantly and he won my respect for that

He was a CL winning manager though, so had more of a CV to be excused for it

Its like Harry never left, where were they all when the idiot was in charge.....

Back
Top Bottom