Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thought of Sherwood with am itchy trigger finger regarding our squad scares the fucking life out of me.

Absolutely, this was the first thought that went through my head. If he's lost the dressing room and thinks that pulling the tough-guy act is going to get everyone back on track, especially when there's a decent amount of smoke lingering in the air, we can write off the rest of the season and it will get players wondering about the future.

seriously if you were a player at the club and you heard these comments coming for someone who has only been a manager for a few mths of a prem team what would you be thinking....seriously Tim behind closed doors behind closed doors

The thought of Sherwood with an 'itchy trigger finger' when it comes to our squad scares the fucking life out of me.

Jesus suffering fuck. That's the sort of comment I'd expect of a manager with a large amount of experience and respect behind him to say.
Tim or even AVB (in the interest of balance) for that matter just won't get away with it with todays players...

"I want players here who want to play for the club and they've got until the end of the season to show they are playing for the club and not for themselves.

"I don't think at any football club, a player should be doing a club a favour by playing for them. You'll see a lot of players all over the world, sometimes they think they've outgrown the football club, but people pay a lot of money to watch their clubs and it's in their blood and players owe to them to perform 100 percent for the shirt."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...hams-players-he-is-planning-a-summer-clearout
On the other hand, I liked this bit - fair play. :vdvhmm:

Jesus suffering fuck. That's the sort of comment I'd expect of a manager with a large amount of experience and respect behind him to say.
Tim or even AVB (in the interest of balance) for that matter just won't get away with it with todays players...
Pure speculation, but I think this may be one of the problems as to why he can't get the players motivated. They probably just don't view him as credible because of his lack of a CV.

I'm very much down the middle with Tim since his mental breakdown thingy, as it's much better than him being soft and complimenting every team who batter us.

I like the "fuck you, we're spurs" style (you might see the inspiration behind my latest paintshoppro'd avatar)

I find it interesting that "team timmy" have been quiet lately though

In fact, the silence is deafening.

Fair play maybe, but he's also basically saying to the squad "you're a bunch of self-interested mercenaries". While that may be true, I'm not sure if that's the way to win them on onto his side, especially since most of them probably think he's out of the door in two months. It might equally make them think "fuck you, you shitty little upstart, we've lost top four, I'll just wait for the next guy.

Like I said above, I think the attitude of the players over the next two games will be key in seeing whether or not he has their respect.

Pure speculation, but I think this may be one of the problems as to why he can't get the players motivated. They probably just don't view him as credible because of his lack of a CV.

I don't see that as speculation, I think it's the absolute truth. Players who were promised one vision have seen AVB go and are thinking what the fucking hell is this?!?!?!

This my lads, is Tottenham Hotspur, it's how we roll... Deal with it (that just isn't going to wash coming from Timmy or in the interests of parity AVB)!

Back
Top Bottom