Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the internet. Lets see what people here know about me:
My age
I support Spurs
I moved abroad

Lets see what they know about you:
Your job
Your wage
Your mates names
Your car
Your last car
Your coat
The fact you smoke weed
The fact you like a line
The fact you like a drink
Every game you go to
Everytime you have a hangover
The fact you hate the Trust
The fact you cherish weekends that include beer drinking wanking and football

The list is endless....now fuck off and climb back into your modem....thats where you are popular

Sammy Spurs 10k messages on here and fuck knows how many on GG.

You don't tell us about your life because you don't have one

Sammy Spurs 10k messages on here and fuck knows how many on GG.

You don't tell us about your life because you don't have one

I dont tell anyone here about my life.....because Ive got one

I like posting here....just like you do. 99% of my posts are in the Spurs part of the forum though.....

You like the random part more dont you.......? More social for you?

Franco-Baldini-008.jpg
:levystare:

also...Lamela could have had knee surgery when he went out "injured" and be ready to come back by now. To miss an entire season on a "strain" is a straight up lie.
Look, I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong, but I'm not ready to buy all-in on a conspiracy theory. It's now supposed to be his back. Bullshit? Possibly, but I don't know why Spurs would pay so much for a player only to have him hanging around the lodge. It would seem to me that they are looking to get something out of their investment.

I dont tell anyone here about my life.....because Ive got one

I like posting here....just like you do. 99% of my posts are in the Spurs part of the forum though.....

You like the random part more dont you.......? More social for you?

Ha ha you got tired of the banning stick....you can get in arguments on here with impunity.

You are never off here....god knows when you get time for this fantastic life of yours

Look, I'm not saying you are necessarily wrong, but I'm not ready to buy all-in on a conspiracy theory. It's now supposed to be his back. Bullshit? Possibly, but I don't know why Spurs would pay so much for a player only to have him hanging around the lodge. It would seem to me that they are looking to get something out of their investment.

The only feasible possibility of it being truthful is if they have this kid in the gym throwing lead around like no-ones business...but recent pictures of him determine that to be a lie. Reality is they probably are working on his athleticism...but for 30 million...you play the kid until he comes good or dies trying.

If we kept Caulker and bought a new LB (whomever that may be...), is it your position that we would be a lock for a top 4 finish?

Nothing is a lock, but it would have been a big help. It would have meant Vert had a solid CB next to him all season. Or it would have meant than when Vert does play left back, there is more quality in the center. We might even actually score from set pieces with Caulker! Imagine that!

How could you not think our season would have gone better with a solid left back signed? You argue yourself into the strangest places to win an argument.

It's the biggest no brainer of the season we needed a left back. haha

Honeslty...I'm sitting here arguing with a dude who questions would a solid left back have helped us this season? And also is questioning the quality of Vert!!! Never ceases to amaze me how fickle some fans are.

It's amazing how far those knees will jerk with fair weather fans like you.

Ha ha you got tired of the banning stick....you can get in arguments on here with impunity.

You are never off here....god knows when you get time for this fantastic life of yours

I never said my life was fantastic. I never said anything about it....thats where we differ.

I dont need to impress men online.

Starting arguments? Which sad cunt offered me to come to the Bill Nic so we could have a fight again?

I never said my life was fantastic. I never said anything about it....thats where we differ.

Starting arguments? Which sad cunt offered me to come to the Bill Nic so we could have a fight again?

Ha, I can't imagine you riling me enough for that to happen. Sure you have the right man?

Must be hard keeping up with all your "Internet beef"

Last edited:
The only feasible possibility of it being truthful is if they have this kid in the gym throwing lead around like no-ones business...but recent pictures of him determine that to be a lie. Reality is they probably are working on his athleticism...but for 30 million...you play the kid until he comes good or dies trying.
That's kind of my point. There's too much invested in him to not get him on the pitch. Look at Soldado, terrible scoring form, yet he's been given chance, after chance, after chance. The only reason you would pay that much for the person and not play them, even with the youth team, is if they are actually injured or there's some other really dramatic reason that I frankly can't even think of.

That's kind of my point. There's too much invested in him to not get him on the pitch. Look at Soldado, terrible scoring form, yet he's been given chance, after chance, after chance. The only reason you would pay that much for the person and not play them, even with the youth team, is if they are actually injured or there's some other really dramatic reason that I frankly can't even think of.

It's been suggested that he's spent some time back in Italy... perhaps some sort of over-compassionate slow integration into British weather. Baldini likes him, so he'll get a lot of opportunity - not necessarily game time, bit anything to make him happy I reckon.

Nothing is a lock, but it would have been a big help.
Then why do you seem to be bringing this up as the big issue why we aren't solidly in contention for a top 4 place? It's just one of many factors that could all help, but this seems to be the only idea I've heard from you.

It would have meant Vert had a solid CB next to him all season. Or it would have meant than when Vert does play left back, there is more quality in the center. We might even actually score from set pieces with Caulker! Imagine that!
Frankly, I think that Chiriches has been damn solid for us this year and has been a great matchup with Jan. I think selling Caulker was a poor idea, but I also don't think that he would have had any serious impact on our overall performance this year, what with all of our other issues.

How could you not think our season would have gone better with a solid left back signed? You argue yourself into the strangest places to win an argument.
Again, you make things up. You are just lying now, pure and simple. I never said that.

Even if we did sign a "better" LB, what makes you think that person would have helped this year? We signed practically an entire new team this past summer, almost all arguably better than what we already had, and a lot of them have been an overall disappointment at this point in time.

It's the biggest no brainer of the season we needed a left back. haha
Sure, but nobody expected Rose to be as average as he was, or Naughton to be as poor as he is. As soon as the injuries hit us, only then did people start coming out of the woodwork on this topic.

Honeslty...I'm sitting here arguing with a dude who questions would a solid left back have helped us this season?
You're being deceitful again, or you just hear what you want to.

It is my opinion that a solid player in any position helps, but I still don't think that even if we had Marcelo playing in LB that we would be playing that significantly better as a team. That is all I'm saying.

Remember, until BAE was hurt, he was a solid LB for us and Rose looked like he was going to be solid as well.

And also is questioning the quality of Vert!!! Never ceases to amaze me how fickle some fans are.

It's amazing how far those knees will jerk with fair weather fans like you.
YOU ARE A LIAR.

I never questioned his quality, never. Prove me wrong. Show me where I questioned his quality. You deliberately mislead and put words into people's mouth. I question his mentality and think that his play has suffered because of it, but I don't for a second question his ability.

If you think Lamela is injured you are incredibly gullible.

I've had my tin foil hat on regarding him and his injury too but if I think about it (until it hurts) Sherwood does not strike me as a liar. If a player was injured, I don't think he would cover it up under the cloak of strength training etc.

The thing that worries me the most about Lamela either way is: If he is injured our staff will fuck that up anyway/compound the issue.

If he is not injured and he is having secret training sessions or is being prepped to be sold, we'll fuck that up too.

Either way the Lamela cookie crumbles, I have no faith in Spurs background staff to get anything right.

Then why do you seem to be bringing this up as the big issue why we aren't solidly in contention for a top 4 place? It's just one of many factors that could all help, but this seems to be the only idea I've heard from you.

Frankly, I think that Chiriches has been damn solid for us this year and has been a great matchup with Jan. I think selling Caulker was a poor idea, but I also don't think that he would have had any serious impact on our overall performance this year, what with all of our other issues.

Again, you make things up. You are just lying now, pure and simple. I never said that.

Even if we did sign a "better" LB, what makes you think that person would have helped this year? We signed practically an entire new team this past summer, almost all arguably better than what we already had, and a lot of them have been an overall disappointment at this point in time.

Sure, but nobody expected Rose to be as average as he was, or Naughton to be as poor as he is. As soon as the injuries hit us, only then did people start coming out of the woodwork on this topic.

You're being deceitful again, or you just hear what you want to.

It is my opinion that a solid player in any position helps, but I still don't think that even if we had Marcelo playing in LB that we would be playing that significantly better as a team. That is all I'm saying.

Remember, until BAE was hurt, he was a solid LB for us and Rose looked like he was going to be solid as well.

YOU ARE A LIAR.

I never questioned his quality, never. Prove me wrong. Show me where I questioned his quality. You deliberately mislead and put words into people's mouth. I question his mentality and think that his play has suffered because of it, but I don't for a second question his ability.

Wouldn't get too wound up, not worth replying tbh, as whatever you say will be either ignored if you disprove the guy, or twisted if he can.

Essentially, another one of those people who think that our weak area at LB suddenly masks the fact that we've had injuries all round, a lack of team spirit, shit luck and allegedly the best way to be a pro is to undermine the manager in the papers.

Do we need to sign this guy to play left back? You'd think so, based on the posts.

3445290-2485086653-9038-.jpg

Whats all this got to do with Tim Sherwood ? Have I missed something ?

It's just one of many factors that could all help"
I think selling Caulker was a poor idea
It is my opinion that a solid player in any position helps

Don't you think its funny that when I cut out your frothing, you agree with me?

Oh, and I expected Rose to be as bad as he was:
http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=37716&start=1

http://www.spurs.vitalfootball.co.u...sts=28&highlight=rose&highlightmode=1#M938044

As for your Vert quality meltdown:

"What WE deserve is a player that puts his head and heart 100% into each and every game, even if he has different ideas or thoughts on how things should be going."

You think we deserve better. I think he deserves better fans.

Back
Top Bottom