AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes? Your point being what exactly? I've said nothing about what is or isn't in any contracts, just that all we have are assumptions. Unless you've something else to add, then that's all we still have.
There are assumptions and there are essential components of any employment Contract - I can only suggest you do some reading on Contract and Labour Law

"Dearest Mother,

It's now been 27 days since pre-season started. Initially, we had a period of few skirmishes, which were extinguished by the news of our new leader, Poch.

With no new of incoming personnel, no matches to speak of, and boredom spreading, the war has spread to the 'General Football' forum. The troops have started to return to a familiarity - arguing over Villas Boas.

I'm concerned that the World Cup cannot come soon enough. I hope this conflict calms down before another Levy Out thread starts.

Yours in hope

Johnny"

DSC_0242.JPG

He didn't.

1uf4YO3.png

I hope this clears things up. Unless you believe that the always evasive AVB could have said "my desertion from Tottenham"... In which case, you're a moron.

Andre Villas-Boas © Gallo Images
AVB aiming higher at Zenit
28 May 2014, 12:25

Zenit St Petersburg head coach Andre Villas-Boas, has said he was dissatisfied with his club's runners-up finish in the league and wants a better showing next season.

"The second-place finish is a bad result for Zenit," the former Chelsea and Tottenham manager was quoted as saying by Sport Express daily.

"Zenit are a very ambitious side. Their executives have set me an objective of winning this year's title.

"And that was the key factor for me to accept Zenit's proposal to take over the club as initially I had been set to have a break after my resignation from Tottenham."

Villas-Boas said he was pleased in general with the work that he and his players had done by the end of the season even though they failed to win the title.

"We have been working really hard and have been productive since my very first day at the helm," he said.

"However, we haven't been equal to the task at hand as CSKA have done their home work better than us to win the Russian championship.

"Every team wants to be the champions. In the Russian league there are currently five teams that can seriously compete to finish top of the table.

"But the number of real contenders is growing year by year. This fact delights me most of all as the Russian league is a quality tournament."

The 36-year-old Portuguese said that he understood exactly what was needed to improve his team's performance for next season.

"Everything in Zenit is much better than I expected," he said.

"And the players are much more technically skilled than I imagined they would be.

"I believe we will be able to play much more offensive football next season, but we also need to pay attention to our defensive performance.

"In other words I understand clearly what exactly I need to do to improve my team's play for the next season. And I'm set to make these improvements as soon as I can."

I hope this clears things up, unless of course, you have an agenda.

Last edited:
He didn't.

I hope this clears things up. Unless you believe that the always evasive AVB could have said "my desertion from Tottenham"... In which case, you're a moron.
Am I right in assuming that you believe Levy sacked AVB, with more than half the season to go, without an adequate replacement? And you call me a moron. AVB is quoted as saying he resigned. Why don't you believe him?

He didn't.
Unless you were at the meeting (which I think you would have declared by now if you were) I must assume you think AVB is a mendacious little shit, or he was misquoted. Which is it?

AVB is quoted as saying he resigned. Why don't you believe him?
So you're a retard, huh?

Alright, let's try again... He never said he resigned. What you have posted is an english translation of an interview printed in a russian newspaper. And in the original russian version of that interview he doesn't say "my resignation", he says "my exit" or "my departure".

So you can post that english translation all you want, my retarded friend, but the truth is he never said those words.

So you're a retard, huh?

Alright, let's try again... He never said he resigned. What you have posted is an english translation of an interview printed in a russian newspaper. And in the original russian version of that interview he doesn't say "my resignation", he says "my exit" or "my departure".

So you can post that english translation all you want, my retarded friend, but the truth is he never said those words.
And he said that in Russian? my equally retarded correspondent and purveyor of the "truth". Because if he didn't, one man's translation is another man's interpretation.

Everyone is now arguing over something which is, for all intents and purposes, unlikely to ever be revealed.

There is no winner.

Last edited:
I believe the 'common' arrangement these days stipulates the manager would paid a compensation up until such time he finds a new job (takes up paid employment), as opposed to paying off the rest of his remaining contract. I see little evidence to suggest AVB was any different.
Yes, but as covered already, if the manager truly resigns then the club is under no obligation to provide that compensation.

If AVB received a dime from THFC after the fact then it's proof that the man was sacked, as opposed to Pochettino - for example - who, if you believe the media reports, had to shell out 2m to Southampton for walking from his contract.

Sammy knows what happened. With absolute certainty.

Sammy will win.

Im more inclined to believe (might want to look that definition up to, before you ask me for hard evidence and proof in a frenzy) that Levy called AVB in to find out what the fuck he was playing at, suggested that he should play Ade, and AVB refused, said he would leave, and it was accepted.

Heres what to I said to another little cretin a few pages back.

Back
Top Bottom