Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 31/8/14 1330 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That game made me sad. Lamela only one out there who looked like he cared. Kaboul had a howler, shame Fazio didn't start. Townsend shocking off the bench, Eriksen again underwhelming. Players' attitudes more than anything that was the disappointing thing.

Very disappointed today, thankfully the obvious deficiency we have in Kaboul has already been dealt with by Pochettino. Townsend had a nightmare which is why he starts on the bench these days and Dier showed a bit of inexperience but when the cunt made such a meal out of it I'll not hold it against the kid. We probably need to get another option up front because when Adebayor isn't firing 100% we look a bit lost up there, although another few months on the training pitch may sort it out too. So all in all fuck it, onward and upward and all that...
We could try Remy......... Oh wait..

We just had a poor game today, Kaboul like other people have said, fine against the lower teams, and dreadful against the bigger ones. What liverpool did well today was close every player down within seconds of getting the ball. They played extremely deep and only went forward on counter attacks really, as every time we went forward they had 9 people around the box. Not sure it was the best idea to take Eriksen off as if there is going to be anyone to find a gap in a defence it would be him. But yes, really need another striker!

How did Joe Allen's "penalty" look on the telly box? Only got the one look at it in the ground, obviously, and it looked like he went down very easily. Bellend.

Should really have been 6 or 7 today.

I bet you are one of those soppy cunts I saw today, mincing about the bar with a Liverpool top on with gerrard on the back.. The only thing missing was a scarf tied round the wrist..
If you're going to be big and brave enough to join a forum, at least be big and brave enough to own up to which shit, sad, wank little club you follow..

i dont know what to say abt erikson n lamela(at least he is getting in the grove though.) n townsend, we think of them as pure quality n all the magical stuff , may be true at times , but then i look at henderson , at times looking at his face i think like my wife can do it better than him , but just look at him , he is no xavi-iniesta, nor a viera like bull but all he has to show for is CONSISTENTLY .

i highlighted that word becoz , the man difference with this fella n our team . its like its just so simple , this guy looks like has no spacial talent , all he does is perform with dedication n handwork , day in day out , i know this is no "henderson appreciation thread" , but the question is why , ther is no such improvement in any of our talented lot ? coz for me if a guy like henderson can work on himself n get better if not the best , why cant townsend,erikson n others do the same ?

f0axgHd.png
I can't put my finger on it but that guys face just makes me feel uncomfortable. It's unnatural somehow.

i dont know what to say abt erikson n lamela(at least he is getting in the grove though.) n townsend, we think of them as pure quality n all the magical stuff , may be true at times , but then i look at henderson , at times looking at his face i think like my wife can do it better than him , but just look at him , he is no xavi-iniesta, nor a viera like bull but all he has to show for is CONSISTENTLY .

i highlighted that word becoz , the man difference with this fella n our team . its like its just so simple , this guy looks like has no spacial talent , all he does is perform with dedication n handwork , day in day out , i know this is no "henderson appreciation thread" , but the question is why , ther is no such improvement in any of our talented lot ? coz for me if a guy like henderson can work on himself n get better if not the best , why cant townsend,erikson n others do the same ?
fuck that piece of shit henderson. his face makes me want to rip his head off

and to your actual point, someone else explained it well. it's cause he's been playing in an established system with an established role for much longer than poch's 2 months at Spurs. if we're not seeing improvement from eriksen and lamela after 6 mons of Poch, then MAYBE we can bring up hendersons ugly fucking mug

How did Joe Allen's "penalty" look on the telly box? Only got the one look at it in the ground, obviously, and it looked like he went down very easily. Bellend.

Dier very briefly put a hand on Allen and after a second he fell down backwards like he had been massively outmuscled. Dowd did not have a clear view upon replays.

Very harsh, especially when Ade's shirt was being pulled all over the show.

Phil Down is a big fat cunt, but we can't blame him for everything.

I think it was definitely a penalty both ways, Ade could have down like Allen (the absolute cunt) but didn't. Can't grab arms like that in the box though. Poch's system absolutely needs time, and isn't a quick term solution, don't be too discouraged by this result

Back
Top Bottom