Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 31/8/14 1330 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

fuck that piece of shit henderson. his face makes me want to rip his head off

and to your actual point, someone else explained it well. it's cause he's been playing in an established system with an established role for much longer than poch's 2 months at Spurs. if we're not seeing improvement from eriksen and lamela after 6 mons of Poch, then MAYBE we can bring up hendersons ugly fucking mug

thats just an excuse , look i wasnt talking abt just the two etrikson n lamela , i am referring to whole of our midfield ,
i took henderson as reference point becoz ,i personally think he is not a gifted player still he has kept his place in a top 4 team for nearly two years now ,and thats becoz his pure handwork n dedication .

to your reasoning , dont you thing for any player at any level to play in a established system with what ever role for that much longer , the player should be consistent enough , sply a player who was asked to leave by the new manager ? (to fulham for dempsay if im correct), this is not abt henderson , this is about our team ,

poch is just 2 months old at our team but some of the players are here for over a year , and none of them has shown any consistency . its either they play real good or just shitty performance .

you are unnecessarily defending some of the players who are here for more than a season now but hasnt been able to cement their place with string of good consistent solid performance (if nor magical) , none of these players have shown under avb-tim now poch that , this role let it be any defender,winger,midfield , none of the player is making a certain role or place his nailed . thats why manger is always changing n chopping to some how fit them in. yah we have had managerial changes , but then managerial changes didnt affected modric-bale etc . these are pro footballers not school kids to hide behind such lame excuse ,

the biggest proof of what im saying is , we have tons of midfielder but non has his place nailed in our side , we are still looking to bring in more , and shift some of the current crap .

How has Henderson kept his place in a top 4 team for two years?
Liverpool had one good season and before that they were just above mid table.. Even last season you couldn't describe them as a top 4 side until the end of it.

Don't know where to start with that performance, if you can even call it a performance.

The one attempt on goal came from a cock up in the Liverpool defense, we never looked capable of creating another single goal scoring opportunity, Eriksen was shambolic especially from corners, but then again that's nothing new. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but I honestly believe that Erik Lamela is way out of his depth in these types of games, sure he looked good against QPR but that was a QPR team that had no interest in tackling or pressing.

Lamela seems like a player that needs plenty of space and time on the ball to look good and to be effective, well guess what sunshine? You don't get neither to time or space when playing against the majority of teams in the premier league. We were slow and ponderous from start to finish, looks like it will be another year where we look ok against the nobody's but come up very short against the big boys. Not good enough.

thats just an excuse , look i wasnt talking abt just the two etrikson n lamela , i am referring to whole of our midfield ,
i took henderson as reference point becoz ,i personally think he is not a gifted player still he has kept his place in a top 4 team for nearly two years now ,and thats becoz his pure handwork n dedication .

to your reasoning , dont you thing for any player at any level to play in a established system with what ever role for that much longer , the player should be consistent enough , sply a player who was asked to leave by the new manager ? (to fulham for dempsay if im correct), this is not abt henderson , this is about our team ,

poch is just 2 months old at our team but some of the players are here for over a year , and none of them has shown any consistency . its either they play real good or just shitty performance .

you are unnecessarily defending some of the players who are here for more than a season now but hasnt been able to cement their place with string of good consistent solid performance (if nor magical) , none of these players have shown under avb-tim now poch that , this role let it be any defender,winger,midfield , none of the player is making a certain role or place his nailed . thats why manger is always changing n chopping to some how fit them in. yah we have had managerial changes , but then managerial changes didnt affected modric-bale etc . these are pro footballers not school kids to hide behind such lame excuse ,

the biggest proof of what im saying is , we have tons of midfielder but non has his place nailed in our side , we are still looking to bring in more , and shift some of the current crap .
1. you brought up 3 players by name, so i specifically mentioned them.
2. I'm not advocating for players like townsend to be consistently first choice, much less be kept at the club. however, someone like eriksen, to me at least, has definitely showed his class and a certain level of consistency last year (he can improve in tenacity and defense for sure though). You can't even judge lamela from last year, so I won't. But so far i like what I see from him. You're right about other players, they're not up to the standard we need. I'd give Capoue and Bentaleb more time personally. I think there's a gem in Dier. Other players, I think, have shown consistency and ability. Vertonghen. Walker when he's fit.
3. You're conveniently using two world class players in bale/modric to demonstrate your point.
4. I'm not completely sure what your point is actually. If it's the fact that we have players that aren't good enough, then I don't think anyone will disagree, least of all me. If it's that a piece of shit like henderson has been able to show consistency and win a place in a top side for 2 years, well I'd reply with the fact that if there was less skillful manager than Rodgers setting Henderson up for success we wouldn't be talking about that fuck right now.

Just wanna say 3 things:

First of all, stop scapegoating Bentaleb. For starters, he only 19, ffs!!!
Plus we pretty much got Stambouli, if it's who plays in that position which concerns you.

Secondly... Please don't make Kaboom the captain ... just don't do it.

And finally, but perhaps most important to remember...

Completely agree. But come on, we all knew people would be moaning if we had a bad game. :pochserious:

How has Henderson kept his place in a top 4 team for two years?
Liverpool had one good season and before that they were just above mid table.. Even last season you couldn't describe them as a top 4 side until the end of it.

wow , do i need to make it clear again n again the its not abt fucking henderson , i only used him as example becoz for me in last two season he has really come up that to with no spacial talent , just handwork.

its really annoying is that none seem to get my point , all they seem to take is henderson , i certainly do know that they just got in top 4 last season , obviously one can only get the results the final standings at the end of the season , but surely on performance level they were performing like a top 4 side , and for such a average guy like him to be regular in a team which missed out on title by 3 points , ther has to be only one reason his dedication n hard work , which many of our players dont show .is what im trying to say you mug.

Oh what a lovely boy you must be, very cultured! Yes I agree Poch has made a slight difference but Frank was my choice. Do us all a 'favour' and delete your account-- we don't need another daft naysayer on this forum.

wow , do i need to make it clear again n again the its not abt fucking henderson , i only used him as example becoz for me in last two season he has really come up that to with no spacial talent , just handwork.

its really annoying is that none seem to get my point , all they seem to take is henderson , i certainly do know that they just got in top 4 last season , obviously one can only get the results the final standings at the end of the season , but surely on performance level they were performing like a top 4 side , and for such a average guy like him to be regular in a team which missed out on title by 3 points , ther has to be only one reason his dedication n hard work , which many of our players dont show .is what im trying to say you mug.
you sure it's not the coaching?

So why did you say he was in a top 4 side for two years you Prick???

:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

1. you brought up 3 players by name, so i specifically mentioned them.
2. I'm not advocating for players like townsend to be consistently first choice, much less be kept at the club. however, someone like eriksen, to me at least, has definitely showed his class and a certain level of consistency last year (he can improve in tenacity and defense for sure though). You can't even judge lamela from last year, so I won't. But so far i like what I see from him. You're right about other players, they're not up to the standard we need. I'd give Capoue and Bentaleb more time personally. I think there's a gem in Dier. Other players, I think, have shown consistency and ability. Vertonghen. Walker when he's fit.
3. You're conveniently using two world class players in bale/modric to demonstrate your point.
4. I'm not completely sure what your point is actually. If it's the fact that we have players that aren't good enough, then I don't think anyone will disagree, least of all me. If it's that a piece of shit like henderson has been able to show consistency and win a place in a top side for 2 years, well I'd reply with the fact that if there was less skillful manager than Rodgers setting Henderson up for success we wouldn't be talking about that fuck right now.

1) first of to be really truthful , we lost 7 out of 8 top games , where was erikson ? im not saying he is poor but he has not shown consistency.
2) im not just using modric or just bale , i know they are world class , but then shouldn't erikson dream abt being like them ? if he really has that magic in him ? and for the same reason i used henderson an average joe as a benchmark , that a guy like erikson with much talent isnt getting his top gear yet

Liverpool (the city) was built on the slave-trade - that's why their song is 'you'll never walk alone' - referring to the clanging of slave-chains. Sooner or later this Karma is going to bite them in the tail. But,
not today, unfortunately..
I'd rather you didn't post anything that makes me feel even the slightest bit sympathetic toward that rabble please.
Cheers mate, joking aside that's actually quite an interesting fact if true. Doubt if many of those who sing it know its origins.

1) first of to be really truthful , we lost 7 out of 8 top games , where was erikson ? im not saying he is poor but he has not shown consistency.
2) im not just using modric or just bale , i know they are world class , but then shouldn't erikson dream abt being like them ? if he really has that magic in him ? and for the same reason i used henderson an average joe as a benchmark , that a guy like erikson with much talent isnt getting his top gear yet
what exactly are you saying? Sell EVERYONE? They're ALL shit?

you sure it's not the coaching?

well arent our playes getting coaching ? look dont try to begin a civil comment war here , coaches do coach but we clearly cant see performances on the field ? just last match against QPR we were so good , and against liverpool erikson didnt workes at all , yah there is much deference in both the oppositions but then thats obvious , a player of his caliber should be able to up his gear against tough opposition.

Completely agree. But come on, we all knew people would be moaning if we had a bad game. :pochserious:
Oh yeah ... and it's completely acceptable. (Even I was moaning a bit before.)
But like many are saying, it's still early stages....

1. The window is not closed, and we surely have more players to implement.

2. It's already 5 games into the season, and we clearly know what Poch is trying to do.
Unlike when we had AVB, it took us a while to see that. Plus, he had one of the world's best player to help him out.

3. And finally, we all have to stress that learning a new system WILL take some time.
It's easy to learn how to just pass and pass around. But when you add high tempo pressing and constant interchangeability ... we surely have to understand to be patient and avoid knee-jerking this early on. Poch isn't only changing tactics. He's also trying to change individual fitness - by increasing their stamina significantly, which again will take time.

Last edited:
Liverpool (the city) was built on the slave-trade - that's why their song is 'you'll never walk alone' - referring to the clanging of slave-chains. Sooner or later this Karma is going to bite them in the tail. But,
not today, unfortunately..
The song is from the musical Carousel which was not written with the slave trade in mind, the scousers only adapted it after it was a hit for Liverpool group Gerry and the Pacemakers.

Back
Top Bottom