Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 31/8/14 1330 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

one of the most annoying things today despite the piss poor performance has to have been where I was sitting. A 71 quid ticket for a view with the big pole in the way of the pitch, levy has to be taking the piss. Plus there was a load of scousers in our block celebrating and singing ĺiverpool,ĺiverpool' whenever they scored and the bloody stewards were busy trying to get people in the last row with only the wall behind them to sit down while ignoring these pricks singing bloody liverpool songs. :walker-scream:

Rant over

u see the answer to this question that why arent the players consistent if not getting better is fot the coaching staff to answer , its their job to see n coach n motivate n all stuff , coz its really important problem which should be solved ,
Last points in this conversation and then I'm done with the convo:
1. Coaching is a big part of it, that's why AVB and Sherwood were sacked
2. We have some good players with potential. Others do need to be moved
3. I like Poch and will give him plenty more time
Done

Bit too soon to be playing Liverpool I feel today. You could see their pressing game was down to a T because they've been at it for near on two years now, enough of them know what's going on to help the new players get up to speed.

I dont feel like they have a better squad than us at all, but they do play better as a team than we do.

We'll get there. Last week was encouraging, give Poch the time he needs, as someone rightfully said earlier at least we can see whats trying to be implemented, was never really obvious that a plan was in place under AVB.

Just a shame it was the bin dippers at home.

COYS

Went to the game today and was incredibly disappointed to be honest.

Adebayor - Worked pretty hard, but spends far too much time in wide areas. I actually think he'd do better as a no.10, with a proper no.9 in front of him.

Eriksen - Seems lost in this team. Thought his set pieces were terrible and didn't have an influence on the game. Worrying.

Chadli - Looked decent at times but disappeared for long periods as well.

Lamela - Doesn't do things quick enough. He panics under pressure and loses the ball too often. I think the problem we have is that none of the 3 guys behind Ade have great pace. We lack that threat in behind defenders so they're happy to just let us play in front of them.

Capoue + Bentaleb - Solid(ish) but didn't think they were even close to the Liverpool midfield in terms of pressing and distributing the ball.

Kaboul - Used to really rate him but he looks completely done to me. Before this game, I thought we had too many CB's. Not anymore. He's only fit for the Europa League group stage and maybe some early rounds of the other cups. A shame to see him play like that.

I personally think someone like Welbeck is a must. We don't have enough pace in that area and he'd work hard in the press which seemed sporadic today. I don't think there are any problems we can't overcome but it sure is a reality check as to how far we still have to go.

Last points in this conversation and then I'm done with the convo:
1. Coaching is a big part of it, that's why AVB and Sherwood were sacked
2. We have some good players with potential. Others do need to be moved
3. I like Poch and will give him plenty more time
Done

i never disagreed , but again what abt player responsibility ? for example erikson , we know he has talent,showed few glimps, heard a lot abt him when he was ajex , then why why he hasent really performed against tough opponents ? if i use examples like modric then its like using worldclass example but then again isnt erikson supposed to turn into one ?

A couple more points following today's defeat. 1) Pochettino is not to blame for our poor performance so early in his time with us. 2) Kaboul is a liability and must NOT be made captain 3) Lamela was ineffective but tried hard to the last 4) Eriksen was not at his best but is indispensable to this side 5) Capoue is a very ordinary player and I would not be unhappy to see him go. Unfortunately, at present, Pochettino prefers him to Sandro and Paulinho 6) Dembele is not getting any better for us 7) Dier was poor today but is young and has a future with us 8) Lennon gives us more than Townsend 9) Chadli is a squad player at best 10) Adebayor will start sulking very soon.
In short, we are going to be very busy over the next 24 hours but most of the activity will centre on departures rather than arrivals. Here's our best XI for the season: Lloris; Walker; Chiriches, Vertonghen, Davies; Sandro, Paulinho; Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela; Soldado. COYS

Ade offers a ton, but he tends to sit too far back when he needs to be in the box.

All of those crosses into the box today, and like many times, going to absolutely no one

A legitimate target Striker is needed especially in any 4-3-3 when he is leading the line solo

Good point Woolwich get raped by top teams, they play like us today. They have all the ball, press and get stuffed on the counter, part of the reason is a lack of an out and out top centre forward, we played around their box not in it enough.

Okay, I've now had a few hours to calm down a bit and I'm feeling a lot more positive now. So we lost to Liverpool, who cares? We all know Poch is gonna need time and won't have everyone play the way he wants them to in such a short time. Also, Liverpool are obviously the better team and will in all likelihood finish above us in the league. Yes, it was a bit embarrassing but we're only 3 matches into the season. I still believe Poch is the right man for this job and the first few matches were very promising. I like his style, there seems to be a better understanding between the players and I have a feeling this is going to be a good season for us. Yes, the loss was a bit of a setback, but let's just focus on the next match and be happy we are doing well against the lesser teams unlike Woolwich and United for example. At least we're doing something right! :ade:

I watched the game on delay and had to fast forward through some of the pain but, interesting how differently people see the game. I won 'to re-watch it as far too fucked off and it was depressing but, felt Ade worked hard enough, there was nothing dynamic to really give him chances and he should've had a pen given how fucking soft theirs was! Rose, caught too far forward again like vs West Ham and most of 13/14, got dragged down by the overall shit-ness around him mind you. Kaboul - looks like he's in his 'Dawson time', declining fast and very shaky. Dier, over-run today and also shaky. Capoue has had a caning but seemed stuck between wondering who would fuck up next; Bentaleb next to him or Kaboul behind him?!
Lamela, not great but very few options when he had the ball. Eriksen, poor game from him with the ball. Chadli, ok but needed to bury that chance!!

Back
Top Bottom