Tottenham vs Swansea City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After the other results. .. it's kinda like tonight never happened... except we have a game in hand against a Spurs ex-XI Queen Spurk Rangspurs!
I assume they'll start against us like they finished against ArseAnal... with the wind in their tails and a goal (the ex always scores... that put them 4-0 up already hasn't it??!!!

Up to us to score more....

I can't believe how good Nabil Bentaleb has become. He's going to be our captain for a decade.
Yeah ... adding to that, his physique is also really improving. From the past few games, you can really tell that he is strengthening up big-time. This kid is becoming a (very technical) beast.

Poch : "I chose the same team because I wanted to give the same players [that lost the cup final] a chance to recover."

Another sign, shedding light on the mentality of a good manager. :thumbup:

_81409234_lloris_getty.jpg

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris on Bafetimbi Gomis - a former team-mate at Lyon: - "It's not the first time but it's always a big moment of worry for all the stadium all the players. Everyone was scared but the most thing is Bafe is much better now and I hope he will recover well and be involved for the next game."

LEGEND

Maybe Soldado has got a medical condition that makes him a complete pussy......what the fuck was that half hearted attempt at a tackle that set them on the way to their 2nd goal

When I watch that 3rd goal and see Mason with his hands up in the air celebrating I get stoked on that. Watching old footage of football, when someone scored it seemed like everyone got stoked on the goal. Nowadays with it being a high paying job or a team full of sellswords like Chelsea, the team passion seems like that's thrown out of the game.

Seeing Mason so happy that Townsend scored a goal he lifts his hands up in the air makes me crack a smile.

When I watch that 3rd goal and see Mason with his hands up in the air celebrating I get stoked on that. Watching old footage of football, when someone scored it seemed like everyone got stoked on the goal. Nowadays with it being a high paying job or a team full of sellswords like Chelsea, the team passion seems like that's thrown out of the game.

Seeing Mason so happy that Townsend scored a goal he lifts his hands up in the air makes me crack a smile.

I'm going to refer to Chelsea as the Sellswords from now on. Brilliant.

Poch : "I chose the same team because I wanted to give the same players [that lost the cup final] a chance to recover."

Another sign, shedding light on the mentality of a good manager. :thumbup:

Good for Townsend and Chadli to score after they're no show on Sunday when Kane and Eriksen were getting completely taken out of the game.

Said to my mate I went with that I was hoping for a Townsend and Mason goal. Both have been a bit down in terms of form and you can see how much it meant to them. Absolutely love watching the academy guys score, the celebrations are incredible.

Bentaleb is a rock in the middle. Incredible now. Also, Danny Rose has been really excellent these last few fixtures barring the offsides thing against West Ham. He's firmly first choice in my book now. Great to see. Dier and Vertonghen are also starting to look like a confident pairing.

Also, love the man management from Pochettino. Gave the players a chance for redemption and they took if. Hopefully that attitude continues for the rest of the season.

Great three points. Got to keep it up Saturday.

Just got in, disgusting.

I fully blame TheSpursDrum, not sure if he's on here. Spent a ridiculous amount on cabs and I'm stupidly drunk for Swansea at home. Ffs.

True, but in fairness, when you look at tonight's fixtures for those teams:

Man City - Leicester
Newcastle - Man Utd
QPR - Woolwich
West Ham - Chelsea
Liverpool - Burnley

I'd say we had the hardest fixture aside from Chelsea (though hey, we're unlikely to catch them I guess) and United (though Newcastle aren't exactly in a great state right now). Would have been a big ask for Woolwich and Liverpool to drop points this evening.

More flukey United-ness. It'll catch them up. In the meantime, what a great result for us to start putting some good form together again after our Februarus Horriblus.
ha ha why have u even put chelsea & city in that list! u may as well put the few teams below us in it if u do that. throw some if your optimism my way please

Said to my mate I went with that I was hoping for a Townsend and Mason goal. Both have been a bit down in terms of form and you can see how much it meant to them. Absolutely love watching the academy guys score, the celebrations are incredible.

Bentaleb is a rock in the middle. Incredible now. Also, Danny Rose has been really excellent these last few fixtures barring the offsides thing against West Ham. He's firmly first choice in my book now. Great to see. Dier and Vertonghen are also starting to look like a confident pairing.

Also, love the man management from Pochettino. Gave the players a chance for redemption and they took if. Hopefully that attitude continues for the rest of the season.

Great three points. Got to keep it up Saturday.

Kind of ironic we see Dier as the more senior in the cb role.

Least ways I see that.

Jan makes a lot of fuck ups despite his obvious talent. He needs a ledley beside him. Dier is as close to a player we have seen since Ledley that can make up for mistakes by pure pace.

true. i think southampton will fall away. so 4 teams fighting for 2 spots. will be more exciting than the title race

Back
Top Bottom