Tottenham vs Queensh Pork Razors

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know we won the last 2 games but I am still trying to get over the Europa and cup final because all this talk of 4th you just know what will happen and Europa will be almost a sure thing again with the up to 7th getting the spot

Phil Neville sounds like a 7 years old commentating while opening his Christmas presents ...

"Wow, look, it's lego!!! It's from the lego movie.... This is going to be amazing!!!"

UOTE="Furball man, post: 744580, member: 1107"]Phil Neville sounds like a 7 years old commentating while opening his Christmas presents ...

"Wow, look, it's lego!!! It's from the lego movie.... This is going to be amazing!!!"[/QUOTE]

Awsome?

beijo-anderson-pheeno-capa-620-620x400.jpg
Good team spirit at the moment, nice yo see , Lloris and Rose bonding?

If you think Vertonghen is the problem then there's no point continuing.
He's good, but even he can't tackle two or three players at once or fill in the gaps vacated by the awol midfield screen in front of the defence.
You're looking in the wrong place to solve the problem, and even if you were right, I don't think you were applying the right remedy.
Defensive problems revolve around the fullback IMV and the midfield skill levels are insufficient to dominate games and shut out to hold leads.
Townsend on the right is a waste of space but throwing in crosses from.breaks down the left, now we have a centre forward might be more profitable. ATEOTD Townsend is more QPR than Real Madrid and we should move him on. Chadli also
I wouldn't let Ade back in the team personally

Main defensive problem is midfielders not defending the space ahead of the centrebacks.

Goal today another proof. Yet another, that is.

I know we won the last 2 games but I am still trying to get over the Europa and cup final because all this talk of 4th you just know what will happen and Europa will be almost a sure thing again with the up to 7th getting the spot
I think it's only 7th if the FA cup final involves 2 teams higher than 7th in the league ?

Watch the second Kane goal again. Obviously a wonderful effort. However how awful is Ferdinand? truly shocking defending. I even noticed mason had time to put his hands over his eyes before making the pass.

I didn't know the result and just watched MOTD. Obviously it is condensed and edited to make a game of it but, our defending looked shocking. Every little dink or lob into the box seems to cause trouble. We do tend to either miss the ball a lot or attempt to fanny around with it in critical areas. I presume we predominantly mark zonally given all the free men always in our box. Too often we seem to be in the wrong zones!

Of course we could've scored 2-3 more easily but, seems to me so could they and a better team will do that to us more often than not.

We are undoubtedly a better side than them and made it count. I am ecstatic with 6pts from 6 in 4 days given our recent, tiring and disappointing run but, the defending has to be a worry looking at most of the chances and goals conceded in the past 7 games.
Hopefully it's just general tiredness and mental fatigue causing lapses of concentration that will be improved by more rest between games from now on.

I haven't read all the thread and think there are plenty of positives that remain evident but, anybody who can't see all the defensive lapses mounting up is being blinkered. If Poch is as good as many are convinced he is then he'll see it!

I didn't know the result and just watched MOTD. Obviously it is condensed and edited to make a game of it but, our defending looked shocking. Every little dink or lob into the box seems to cause trouble. We do tend to either miss the ball a lot or attempt to fanny around with it in critical areas. I presume we predominantly mark zonally given all the free men always in our box. Too often we seem to be in the wrong zones!

Of course we could've scored 2-3 more easily but, seems to me so could they and a better team will do that to us more often than not.

We are undoubtedly a better side than them and made it count. I am ecstatic with 6pts from 6 in 4 days given our recent, tiring and disappointing run but, the defending has to be a worry looking at most of the chances and goals conceded in the past 7 games.
Hopefully it's just general tiredness and mental fatigue causing lapses of concentration that will be improved by more rest between games from now on.

I haven't read all the thread and think there are plenty of positives that remain evident but, anybody who can't see all the defensive lapses mounting up is being blinkered. If Poch is as good as many are convinced he is then he'll see it!
Absolutely agree, defensively we are worrying. You have to go down to 11th to find a team which has conceded more. I don't know to what extent the fatigue is the problem. However, I now have complete faith in the big bear Poch to sort it out for the future. I just hope Levy will give him the signings he wants. Remember how divided our support used to be? We can all see we have a top manager here.

Not sure about Austin. He strikes me as the kind of guy who looks great at a crap team - big fish in a small pond. Would probably struggle at Spurs to establish himself.

Agree! Got the same feeling... but we do have knack of going for this type of player who are 'Good at a lesser club' ....see points of reference below:
- Chris Armstrong (Palace)
- Gregorz Raziak (Derby)
- Little Lord Etherington (Peterborough)
- Jason Dozzell (Ipswich)
- Andy Sinton (Q.P.R)
- Darren Bent (Charlton)
- David Bentley (Blackburn)
- Gary Doherty (Luton Town)
- Adebayor (Arseanal/Real Madrid /Man City!) :adelol:

Agree! Got the same feeling... but we do have knack of going for this type of player who are 'Good at a lesser club' ....see points of reference below:
- Chris Armstrong (Palace)
- Gregorz Raziak (Derby)
- Little Lord Etherington (Peterborough)
- Jason Dozzell (Ipswich)
- Andy Sinton (Q.P.R)
- Darren Bent (Charlton)
- David Bentley (Blackburn)
- Gary Doherty (Luton Town)
- Adebayor (Arseanal/Real Madrid /Man City!) :adelol:
Armstrong doesn't belong in that list, he was a good player for us.
Crooks (Stoke), Chivers (So'ton), Gilzean (Dundee), Archibald (Aberdeen) ... none of them came from massive clubs.

123 testing
I

the defending has to be a worry looking at most of the chances and goals conceded in the past 7 games.

I believe its tiredness and fatigue which will improve. Mentality we are looking good, I feel all the players have grown in confidence, maturing as a team. Struggling with sections of our game? but getting the result. This has to be a good sign.

Big test Utd ? Im confident that we will achieve our destiny .

The defending IS shocking, but the fans are completely blinkered. We are averaging almost 1,5 goals conceeded at game at this form, yet we hound forwards for not scoring enough goals.

There are 3 main problems:
1) central midfielders not defending space ahead of defence or tracking runners
2) fullbacks so very poor at backpost defending (defending their side when play comes in from opposite side
3) centrebacks clearing out on first touch and centrebacks struggling against pacy players

Apart from that several players like e.g. Walker and Davies has severe concentration issues, while others like our 2nd string Fazio, Vlad and Kaboul just keep making unforced errors way beneath their experience level.

Phil Neville sounds like a 7 years old commentating while opening his Christmas presents ...

"Wow, look, it's lego!!! It's from the lego movie.... This is going to be amazing!!!"

Penalty claims being the most exciting thing in the world........I still don't see how the ref could 100% give either, even if he got to watch them 100 times on replay

Back
Top Bottom