Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread is getting my hopes up, only tears can come from high hopes.

Sadly, I agree.
Every time we have had the chance to make a major move this season, we have fluffed our lines, which is why we're not in the top four right now.
Rags losing 2 in a week to London teams is highly unlikely.

Would love nothing more than a win, but a draw is what I expect to see.

See, I get that he's looking at every opportunity and way to scratch and claw out a top 4 finish and the team has just been a complete let down, BUT I will say that he has not impressed at all from a team management perspective. His lineups, positioning, and substitutions are often questionable or even surprisingly bad, and they seem to be lacking a clear strategy and/or vision for how the team should play. I think that is what has frustrated the fans so much, it's not that they just look really poor at times but rather that they appear to be playing poorly and don't have a clear strategy.

They knew they were in a shitty situation when Moyes had the job and after he left, and most people were realistic enough to understand that they were going to have a rough go for a while and that it would take some time for him to put his stamp on the team. That being said, he has used certain players so ineffectively (Mata & Rooney for example), descended into really poor tactics (i.e. long balls all game long), and he's PR has been quite laughable as well.

I'm not sure I would say that he's too old, and I think that he will be able to turn things around, but I can't agree that he's done well so far.
Utd have not quite been themselves and have kept it simple at times to get the job done. I think LVD has played it smart, beneath the crushing preasure the job attracts. Where he has nothing to say he gives the media what they wnat to hear-anything. He is the coach to one of the biggest clubs in the world and needs to get them back on track sooner rather than leter. i feel he is getting there, better than we give him credit., They may show signs of being disjointed, dont let this fog on where they are and how far they have progressed.. Beat us they are sitting pritty. They will be up for this, its a big test for us.

Imagine if we went up there and smashed them something stupid like 5-1.

They've had a result like that coming for a while.
It would be utter end of days in Guildford if that happened.
We have no right to beat them as suggested. We are getting over confidant on here, Then we lose and melt down follows. They are favorite on Suday.

We have no right to beat them as suggested. We are getting over confidant on here, Then we lose and melt down follows. They are favorite on Suday.

Thanks. I've been reading and hearing Spurs fans say that we're going to batter them, can't lose and that it would be a travesty not to come away with anything.

Thing is though, United are still United. They're favourites and we're not nearly as invincible as we think. Had it not been for a great Lloris save and a poor refereeing decision we would've been out of the race for top-4 a week ago.

I still believe in the hope of top-4 and love the way we're going at the moment, but let's get real. The only thing we're doing is setting us self up for meltdowns and disappointment. I stand by what I've said all along this season, and that is that I believe top-4 is a step too far this time around for this young squad.

I think we will finish ahead of United even if we lose. They still have to play Chelsea, City, Woolwich, and Liverpool. Brutal. I think they'll get a max of 5 out of 12 points in those games, which is enough to sink them. The real race is with Woolwich and Liverpool.

I think we will finish ahead of United even if we lose. They still have to play Chelsea, City, Woolwich, and Liverpool. Brutal. I think they'll get a max of 5 out of 12 points in those games, which is enough to sink them. The real race is with Woolwich and Liverpool.

I'm pretty sure Yanited will finish above us.

They might, but I think they need all 3 points against us or they finish 5th. They are going to drop a ton of points going forward.

EDIT: I mean 6th.

I see them finishing 5th or 4th. Liverpool are on a roll and history and form says its cant continue. But who knows?

I would say it will be Chelsea, City, scum, Liverpool. Yanited then us.

If Kane can get another 7 or 8 goals and our central defenders remember what their job is we have a squeak at 4th but I just can't see it sadly. But saying that, on paper, it's one of the easiest run ins we've had in years.

Right again???

I'll save you all the Larry David Gif for the two billionth time.......
ounym.gif

I see them finishing 5th or 4th. Liverpool are on a roll and history and form says its cant continue. But who knows?

I would say it will be Chelsea, City, scum, Liverpool. Yanited then us.

If Kane can get another 7 or 8 goals and our central defenders remember what their job is we have a squeak at 4th but I just can't see it sadly. But saying that, on paper, it's one of the easiest run ins we've had in years.

Not this again!

sammyspurs sammyspurs
:levyeyes:

United still has to play:
1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Woolwich
5. Liverpool
6. Tottenham
Literally every team at the top of the table from 1 through 6. Now if you said they had the hardest run-in, Arcy would click disagree, and Sammy would attack you with a patronizing lecture about football not being played on paper while stubbornly maintaining that without a doubt their run-in is not the hardest (all without doing the obvious and just telling you who has a harder one). If your'e a Yank, that will surely come up as well, and expect to be on the defense with a list of cut and pasted quotes taken out of context (you said hardest and now you're saying most difficult - Ha!!) In fact, he's winning the "debate" and you're just embarrassing yourself compared to his insight! And didn't you claim to have him on ignore, you liar? You're a shambles! And you happy clappers all just need thicker skins! And he's obviously defeated you, you cunt, and he's done absolutely nothing wrong here, and...
:avbfacepalm:

Instead, Timkins just makes his point unmolested, the discussion moves on peacefully, and the world is a better place.
kIPBe0i.jpg

Thanks. I've been reading and hearing Spurs fans say that we're going to batter them, can't lose and that it would be a travesty not to come away with anything.

Thing is though, United are still United. They're favourites and we're not nearly as invincible as we think. Had it not been for a great Lloris save and a poor refereeing decision we would've been out of the race for top-4 a week ago.

I still believe in the hope of top-4 and love the way we're going at the moment, but let's get real. The only thing we're doing is setting us self up for meltdowns and disappointment. I stand by what I've said all along this season, and that is that I believe top-4 is a step too far this time around for this young squad.
I agree although I have this (inner belief) feelings we may just do it. I feel Utd will drop away so Liverpool are the team we need to get above. Its possible. Sunday is a massive game for them as much as us, so both teams will be up for it. Do Utd suffer with nerves? will they collapse at home-again?will we not turn up? could we beat them for a third time at OT? Will Poch outsmart LVG? what a game it will be...

Back
Top Bottom