Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought Kyle Walker was the worst of the lot if I'm honest. He's been pretty pony lately but he was especially shit today. Losing my patience with him.
Yes, Walker has been disappointing today.
But can you really blame him that much, when you have Walker being up against Fellani, Blind, and Young, especially when Townsend is also awful at tracking back?

Season ended at Wembley, as long as we get European football im happy.

First half today was a total write off, utter shit.

Champions League final at the San Siro next season, bullet dodged.

Very frustrating day, worst we've played all season. Only consolation is it came in a game we probably weren't expected to get much from anyway.

Unfortunately the squad is young and we're going to have bad days, hopefully an experience for some of these that will help be the making of them.
On a plus side at least it didn't get any worse in the second half.

Im sure the Poch thread will be bursting with input tonight...no one wanted to talk about it last week though
I guess it kinda sucks being brought back to earth once in a while. I, as one of those who were content with top 6 finish, I call it bad day in the office and look forward to next game.

Last edited:
This performance reminded me of the few at the start of the season where no one actually knew what they were doing. I thought we had moved on from that but obviously where there's a spur, there's a way

They had Carrick, we had Bentaleb
They had a central midfield - we didn't
They had a creative approach - we had none
we have got to where we are this season on fitness effort and raw energy, with a reasonable amount of skill

But, we just don't have a quality, creative player in central midfield, neither do we have someone like Carrick to wave the baton to keep the pace and keep the machine running smooth.

Bentaleb and Mason are not the answer, I love it that they are "through the ranks" players and all, but they are not going to take us forward - or rather, upward.

Plus on top of it all, we had players have some bad performances. If it was them simply being exposed for what they are, we would have not put 5 past Chelsea - this was a poor collective performance.

Well that was a bit shit. Perhaps this was a delayed reaction to our crazy schedule up until.. Well, now. Rose did OK, I liked Mason's fighting spirit but that was about it. Oh, and kudos to Poch acting early with the sub even if it lead to nothing and maybe he should've just started with the more cautious approach (ie, Mousa over Andros).

One last thought; people are going at Lamela today? The lad created our only decent chance all game and got more accomplished than Chadli, Townsend and Eriksen combined today (admittedly, not that hard lol). Really odd to point him out IMHO. I'd start him next weekend for sure. I'd shake things up a bit. Give Fazio, Mousa and Lamela a start.

Last edited:
for fucks sake,
all season long people have been saying that Bentaleb and Mason have been playing well this season.
They have 1 bad game and then all of a sudden everyone wants to run them out of the club...

Yes, Walker has been disappointing today.
But can you really blame him that much, when you have Walker being up against Fellani, Blind, and Young, especially when Townsend is also awful at tracking back?

Believe me I'm no fan of Townsend either, but Walker's decision making and ball retention at times is truly abysmal. At one point he tried to do a Gareth Bale and kick the ball past the player and chase after it...he kicked it out of play for fuck sake.

Last season we won at OT, under the unfairly maligned Sherwood.

We won the year before too.....

A really poor game today, really bad, if we would have put in anything like the performance against Woolwich or Chelsea would have been ok, United looked like Fergies united for first time in a long while

Fingers crossed for strengthening in summer, I hope Levy comes up with the goods, he has to

CAKAwiVVAAAX3zV.png

That Adebayor positioning though..

Back
Top Bottom