Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City - 3rd May, 16:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We can do Citeh, Pellegrini has lost the dressing room. Gotta secure that Europa League spot.

Side note: The newly revamped layout of this forum is a horrible piece of horse manure. What's with all the hipster obsession with hoarding white space and minimalist flatness? Apple iOS 7/8, Microsoft Metro tiles, Google Android Lollipop and many sites (like this example) succumbed to this disease.

we will win this one mates.
11127514.gif

Or, of course, you could post the full quotation:

"Paulinho has always been a good presser. I agree with that. But he can't really do anything else. He's totally sapped of confidence offensively. In the Partizan game he got the ball 12 yards out at an okay angle and ended up dribbling to the corner flag. He's never really displayed PL level passing or shooting abilities.

I won't pretend that my opinions towards the guy are anything besides negative but he just doesn't show me anything. Soldado has always flashed class with his touches and passing etc but there just hasn't been much evidence of talent from Paulinho."

The difference between us in this situation is I haven't spent the last month posting in every thread that Ade, Capoue, Vlad, and Kaboul would have saved our season if our manager weren't so stupid while having slagged them off in the past and admitted to their clear shortcomings. You're not offering any insight, you're offering a convenient narrative that even goes against what you've said previously.

Things have gone somewhat wrong in the last month and half so you've taken the players that haven't been included and made them the reason for why we've failed and acted like you've known it all along. Completely ignoring the fact that Adebayor, Kaboul, and Capoue were mainstays in our early season squad that was in twelfth place until November 22nd. Were you so vigorously arguing that they were key to our season then? Also, what has happened since they've been dropped? What place are we in now?

Even more problematically you act as if you are some sort of virtuous, truthful and genius crusader when in reality you've slagged these players off in the past. It's not your past opinions that are the problem it is the fact that you pretend like you're the only one who has known this all along but in reality you've just retroactively decided that not playing Kaboul, Adebayor, Capoue, Lennon and whoever else is the issue because it is literally impossible to prove otherwise.

Don't disagree with you on Stambouli and Dembele. But do me a favor with Kaboul, Adebayor, Vlad, Capoue, and Lennon. They are shocking bunch who are quite clearly not a part of the future and almost certainly are malcontents behind the scenes.
#burial.

We go narrow with a Back three:
Fazio Vlad Vertonghen

Midfield four:
Nabil Eriksen Dembele Paulinho

Attacking three:
Adebarndoor Goldado Kane

Absurd. You either know fuck all about fuck all or are some Goon bored with his own wanky forum chums & wanky team.
Take it easy mate I was just trying to have a bit of fun. Am 100% Spurs so do not appreciate the Goon remarks. If I was serious would have put Yedlin in of course:freundgoal:

Take it easy mate I was just trying to have a bit of fun. Am 100% Spurs so do not appreciate the Goon remarks. If I was serious would have put Yedlin in of course:freundgoal:
Fair enough. But there's so much shite flying around on here anyone would think it was pre season already. I want us to rip shitty a new one this weekend. They symbolise (together with the chavs) everything that stinks about football today. I'd love to take a big Harry Kane dump on the lot of them.:paulinhowtf:

Mauricio Pochettino is now in session. The Tottenham manager has said Danny Rose is available after a recent hamstring strain.

"Danny is back, he's fit and he's trained well this week," said Pochettino.

"We have one more training session remaining on Saturday to assess him again but we're happy with how he's progressed."

Good news with Davies out injured.

Mauricio Pochettino is now in session. The Tottenham manager has said Danny Rose is available after a recent hamstring strain.

"Danny is back, he's fit and he's trained well this week," said Pochettino.

"We have one more training session remaining on Saturday to assess him again but we're happy with how he's progressed."

Good news with Davies out injured.
Good news regardless of Davies, to be honest! One of our stand-out players this season.

City defence is shit, we have to play Eriksen. I would drop Lamela for Dembele perhaps but no our beautiful dane :eriksenserious:
He's been on a downward spiral for a couple months now. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench, or out left.

I'd actually have Chadli RW and Lamela LW. But that'd be crazy...

5th best defence in the league. We didn't score against Burnley or Villa, who have far worse defensive records. I wouldn't say their defence is "shit" by any means.

Toure is out with a hamstring injury.. I reckon he's putting it on, they probably didn't sing happy birthday to him or something..

Someone should take Aguero out so their team mate can win the Golden Boot.

2-1 to the football connoisseurs.

Whatever the team they are shaky like us at the back and in recent months their midfield has been to use rooneys phrase lazy. A game where we need to press hard and fast up the pitch and work them like dogs, if we let them come on to us we all know what Aguero will do. If we play with intensity we can win this IMO.

Back
Top Bottom