Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City - 3rd May, 16:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we played quite well today. We had a number of good chances, we just weren't clinical finishing. We outplayed them and definitely deserved something (maybe all three points to be honest). Rose, Bentaleb and Lamela all played well. I thought Paulinho was good when he came on. However, Hart (made a couple of outstanding saves and set up their goal) and Aguero (as you predicted) were the difference in the end.

Frustrating. But hey, we're Spurs.

Thanks mate, seems a couple of the ones walking the plank are actually stepping up to stay part of the squad next year, looking forward to the summer and hopefully shaping a squad that can play the system and be competitive in every game

Well... that was the season that was... Chelsea champions... ArseAnal of course will win the FA Cup (don't worry, i'll be back to apologise for my negativity if Villa win, but we all know I won't need to) and Spurs have just Spursey'd their season perfectly this afternoon....

We started like we meant business... like we were about to continue Man City's recent away record, 4 away defeats on the trot... but no... come on down to N17.. we've got 3 points for ya... same old fucking same old bunch of wank from the team I have given every sinew of love I have over the past 35 years...

EXCEPT...
today, at around 4.28p.m, my 9-month-old son said "Dadda" for the first time... I didn't get to hear it live, 'cos i'm about 1000 miles away in Vienna and am having to rely on Skype and What'sApp to communicate with home... but there it was... in full colour... footage of my first born saying "Dadda"... I shared a moment of pure emotional bliss from across the continent, and via the magic of the Internet... whilst at exactly the same time, Spurs concede a goal...
One of THE most monumental, emotional moments of my life will be forever connected (stained shall we say), with fucking Spurs arseing it up by conceding like the soft cunts they are, and ruining a moment in my life I shall always remember... well thank you Spurs, but kindly fuck off... until you get a sense of occasion that is perfectly in line with MY LIFE!

OK, I realise they weren't to know what was about to happen to me as they were taking the corner, and proceeding to hand the initiative back to City and concede the losing goal... but fuck it, it's the end of the season (well, now it fucking is) I've got the Summer to forgive and forget... but right now, Spurs can fuck right off out of my life, 'cos I've had enough with the false dawns and empty promises, and selling our best players each Summer (bye Hugo!) and red on the kit, and constantly having to hark back to the early '60s or '80s for some solace that I made the right decision...

August/September is not the time for knee-jerk reactions... but May fucking is!!

I know we lost out of CL/4th long before today... but today fucking sealed it... plus the moment I shall never forget will forever be connected with those cunts.
Maybe I shouldn't have had the live stream on at the same time I was Skypeing... maybe it's my fault? Maybe I'll never know for sure... But I do know that today has been ruined, and I lay the blame solely at Spurs door... and of course my son for not waiting another 2 weeks 'till i'm home before uttering his first fucking word!!!!!!

I jest of course, i'm over it now... Spurs have ruined my life on many other occasions before today... I shall simply add this one to the Hall of Shame!!

More huffing and puffing. A good performance and a 1-0 defeat at home against an out of form top 4 team is not a cause for celebration for me. In a bad mood so can't be fagged focusing on the positives (Lamela not shit and another v good perf from Danny Rose - is about it IMO).
Laughable 11 on the pitch at the end.

Pritch and Alli will be very welcome additions next season. Eriksen needs to know he's droppable and Alli might be the box to box animal / midfield general we've missed for years.

So bored of this feeling!!!

What did Bentaleb do wrong? I wouldn't swap him for either Fernando or Fernandinho, he was much better than either of them today.

He didn't play that badly today not at all in fact but I mean in general I just don't think think they are good enough simple as that, passing is shocking and If you wouldn't swap bentaleb for Fernandinho you must be stoned all about opinions though

Hmm, Kane = £0, Soldado = over £20m. And you know the difference.
I mean buying big and smart, as opposed to buying big and dumb and then when the signing fails decide never buy anyone above £5m
You really think you can develop one Harry Kane every year?
I guess you view the biggest spenders of the league topping the table as a coincidence

Well... that was the season that was... Chelsea champions... ArseAnal of course will win the FA Cup (don't worry, i'll be back to apologise for my negativity if Villa win, but we all know I won't need to) and Spurs have just Spursey'd their season perfectly this afternoon....

We started like we meant business... like we were about to continue Man City's recent away record, 4 away defeats on the trot... but no... come on down to N17.. we've got 3 points for ya... same old fucking same old bunch of wank from the team I have given every sinew of love I have over the past 35 years...

EXCEPT...
today, at around 4.28p.m, my 9-month-old son said "Dadda" for the first time... I didn't get to hear it live, 'cos i'm about 1000 miles away in Vienna and am having to rely on Skype and What'sApp to communicate with home... but there it was... in full colour... footage of my first born saying "Dadda"... I shared a moment of pure emotional bliss from across the continent, and via the magic of the Internet... whilst at exactly the same time, Spurs concede a goal...
One of THE most monumental, emotional moments of my life will be forever connected (stained shall we say), with fucking Spurs arseing it up by conceding like the soft cunts they are, and ruining a moment in my life I shall always remember... well thank you Spurs, but kindly fuck off... until you get a sense of occasion that is perfectly in line with MY LIFE!

OK, I realise they weren't to know what was about to happen to me as they were taking the corner, and proceeding to hand the initiative back to City and concede the losing goal... but fuck it, it's the end of the season (well, now it fucking is) I've got the Summer to forgive and forget... but right now, Spurs can fuck right off out of my life, 'cos I've had enough with the false dawns and empty promises, and selling our best players each Summer (bye Hugo!) and red on the kit, and constantly having to hark back to the early '60s or '80s for some solace that I made the right decision...

August/September is not the time for knee-jerk reactions... but May fucking is!!

I know we lost out of CL/4th long before today... but today fucking sealed it... plus the moment I shall never forget will forever be connected with those cunts.
Maybe I shouldn't have had the live stream on at the same time I was Skypeing... maybe it's my fault? Maybe I'll never know for sure... But I do know that today has been ruined, and I lay the blame solely at Spurs door... and of course my son for not waiting another 2 weeks 'till i'm home before uttering his first fucking word!!!!!!

I jest of course, i'm over it now... Spurs have ruined my life on many other occasions before today... I shall simply add this one to the Hall of Shame!!
Just wait until your son calls someone a "cunt" for the first time. I guarantee that will be while watching Spurs also. Pride.

Thought we played well.
Thought we should have scored.
That Chadli cross to Lamela in the first few minutes that never made it ...
And so many blocks by their defense.

We had chances & so did they.
Agüero is a class above everybody else out there, to be honest.

And for everybody moaning about the performances of our guys, how many of City's counterparts actually played better than ours?

Were their fullbacks better? No.
Were their center backs better? No.
Was their central midfield better? No.
Their wingers? Maybe.
Their striker? By miles.
And their keeper had a very good game - probably deserves an assist for their only goal.

Overall, good effort.
Best one-goal game I've seen all year.

:coys:

Back
Top Bottom