Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City - 3rd May, 16:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I felt really pleased with the performance and could totally accept the result walking out of the ground today. Lamela was excellent and the pick of our players and I am NO Fan boy for him !

However, One obvious problem today was we were playing a system where full backs need to overlap but we again had a centre half playing right back who, despite being a fine footballer, is no over lapping right back. I felt that this limited us as a unit and this is something the coaching staff should have figured out and set up differently to counter this. Lamela time and again needed the outside run and it was never there, not Dier's fault at all as he is the square peg in an oblong hole. His crossing and distribution was sound, but the balls kept coming into the box too deeply on that side.

Having now had a few hours to reflect I am a bit less level headed. City were not at full pelt. They had been on a bad away run. We needed the win... Despite the favourable winds Spurs managed to lose. And it's 1 win in 5.....there is also the shadow of Swansea looming over our shoulders and Southampton still won't fuck off and die, not getting Europe at all is NO positive situation to face. For me it's got to be 3 wins from the next 3 or this season has really drifted away from in an unacceptable way.

I thought Lamela was our best player today and we did more than enough to get at least a point from today's game. I was reasonably pleased with the performance, but disappointed that we couldn't finish off with at least one goal. Felt let down mostly by Eriksen, think the plastic bag that was swirling around on the pitch during the game covered more ground than he did (any chance of a heat map?)
Didn't like to hear booing for Ade, unnecessary in my opinion - don't know what its supposed to achieve. Lovely to see Ricky, Mabbsie and Big Chiv at half time. Noticed that both teams were captained by goalies, is that fairly rare? Both their strips were so bright, you could probably see them from space. Don't normally notice or care about the opposition but thought Silva was amazeballs, any chance we can buy him? Please? Pretty, pretty, please!!!!!

I was talking to a mate before the game on Sat about Kompany and Toure being out and how that would be a help.

I also said "Yeah but they've got Silva and Aguero and we have Eriksen and Kane." These guys are the game changers let's not kid ourselves (I love Eriksen and Kane, but Silva and Aguero are on different level).

FWIW last time I was on the podcast I said we might as well start Paulinho for the rest of the season.
But, long-term, he still needs to go.

Yes but do you not agree that in selling Paulinho we will lose the commercial windfall and prestige which follows from having a player with "inho" in his name? Even the echo of the greatness of Ronaldinho, Juninho, young Ronaldo, etc. is substantial.

Yes we lost.

Yes but this was a "feel good" loss where two of our best three played terribly so thats why the vibe is so upbeat.

Up until the City goal, we looked good. We never looked that comfortable again in the match though and to get back into the game, the manager then made subs which didnt improve us.

One player we needed wasnt even on the bench, but at least Paulinho was there to bring on. Bravo. An then the EUREKA moment of playing three up top for the first time EVER!!!

With two strikers who havent played since Christmas!!! YAY!

We lost, but lets rejoice in the fact that we could have won.

Haven't had a chance to read through the OMT - but can only imagine the Troll Cunt Goon Crew (TCGC) are having a filed day crowing in our defeat and taking pleasure in winning Internet points.

Yes but this was a "feel good" loss where two of our best three played terribly so thats why the vibe is so upbeat.

Up until the City goal, we looked good. We never looked that comfortable again in the match though and to get back into the game, the manager then made subs which didnt improve us.

One player we needed wasnt even on the bench, but at least Paulinho was there to bring on. Bravo. An then the EUREKA moment of playing three up top for the first time EVER!!!

With two strikers who havent played since Christmas!!! YAY!

We lost, but lets rejoice in the fact that we could have won.
Sorry mate, but have you ever been positive? Whatever Poch does, he does it wrong, however the team plays, it's never good enough. Do you achieve some sort of sexual arousal from this? Are you a masochist? I bet that if we qualified for chl, you'd ask why we didn't win the league.

I too was impressed by yesterdays performance, I thought Danny Rose and Lamela were our standout performers.
Has anyone seen Silva's kick on Harry Kane? hopefully the little c.u.n.t. will be banned for a few games for that. If Kane had kept his arms against the ground and Silva connected that properley it could have broken his arm.

I only had one eye on the match as we were out with friends so I couldn't be too rude and ignore them (couldn't I?). I thought we were a little unlucky to be honest but not sure if that's a fair assessment given I couldn't really watch properly?

Sorry mate, but have you ever been positive? Whatever Poch does, he does it wrong, however the team plays, it's never good enough. Do you achieve some sort of sexual arousal from this? Are you a masochist? I bet that if we qualified for chl, you'd ask why we didn't win the league.

We have played with one up top because Poch prefers that system.

We have dropped the other two strikers from all activity for 6 months because Poch prefers that system.

We have dropped an excellent CM because Poch prefers that system.

So yesterday Poch goes with 3 strikers up top and one AM to save the game.

I am yet to be convinced Poch can change it up for the better.
If we qualified for CL Id be delighted.

We´ll see next year if he can deliver his target and improve on Tim and AVB.

Suppose I should be happy with a good performance and not being ripped apart like last year but we deserved to win that game yesterday and got nothing in the end, very frustrating.

Need more competition for Eriksen, Chaldi and Lamela next season so hopefully like Rose it will push them harder.

We did alright, but I don't think we troubled City enough. Remember they're not in particularly good form themselves.
I'm still hopeful of 6th, but I don't see us doing any better next than that next season ATM. I'm not that hopeful of either Poch or ENIC being good/supportive enough for us to make top 5.
I think Poch will get confused by the Europa again, and I suspect another trophyless and ultimately disappointing season is on its way again.

My thoughts on the game were that we deserved something out of it with a 2-2 draw being the fair result.
Positives were Roses' continued good form, Benty played well, Lamela showed that there is a player in there somewhere as is Paulinho and i haven't been saying that for either player this season!
Negatives were Mason who looks burnt out and maybe not up to the level we aspire to, the CB pairing of Verts and Fazio doesn't look secure with Hugo not at his best but the biggest negative for me is Poch who isn't up to this task with his dislike of players like Dembo & Lennon but only he knows why he is even considering Adebayor who isn't worth his place on the subs bench let alone bringing him on when the game was still finely balanced!

I agree with those who want stability, managerial-wise, but Poch keeps making the same mistakes without learning and is stubborn!

Back
Top Bottom