Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

12010690_10100685204770970_812530526332242725_o.jpg

Mason looked like a young bryan robson tearing into the box, he starts off so deep, teams hate playing against someone like that, very impressive! been on the cards for a few games for him to score. Lets just hope he keeps on truckin!

I wonder how many more decent players will have to leave the club before people will realise that the wrong tactics will make any player look poor. If we don't allow Son to play his natural counter-attack game we'll not see the best of him.

Very good point, but at the same time from Sons game needs to break out of the mold he was in with Levercusen and play to what is now asked him of here. Today everyone was all too in the middle until Townsend came in to stretch the attack wide a bit. Son looked confused and timid being at the new club and new league which all so made him look more inapt, slow indecisive out of sync etc. Only good thing I can think of is that he did not get hurt lol. But the Team is going into a busy stretch of matches so he'll come around soon. 10 being the highst I'm afraid I would have to give him 4 today. Thank God the team won.:pochbye:

Was a poor game, the goal was sublime though.

Spot on.. I said after 80 odd minutes that we were pressing and more in the game but needed that bit of quality and that's exactly what Mason's goal was.. Quality with a capital K.
This means I was right, do I now have to spend all week posting about how right I was?

its frustrating to see us play like that I agree, but I think its far too early to even contemplate poch going, and sadly, levy is going nowhere until he decides he wants out, im just clinging to the everton game right now, it did show we can play good football against good teams, we have to work on consistency though, I definitely think there is an air of complacency when we play these kind of sides

Im just desperate. I know full well we cant get rid of either.

But if we were in for a takeover tomorrow Id back it. I just dont see Levy ever changing, and Im sorry but Pochettino is actually worse than AVB.
AVB played crap football, but he knew what he wanted to do, even if the players didnt.

I genuinely believe Poch has no idea what he wants as our approach, or how to use the squad.

Poor performance overall. Winning ugly is nothing to be ashamed of whilst struggling for consistency. Dier again the highlight for me, alongside the winning goal. That was a beautiful goal. & Dier be the boss in that role. Didn't see it coming but he looks very comfortable. Happy with 3 points. Let's hope the performances come together. But I'd take 3 points over free flowing football that ends with fuck all.

But I'd take 3 points over free flowing football that ends with fuck all.

The difference is, that free flowing football is something you can build on, and mould into success, even if you lose games in the transitional phase.

This thing we are seeing now, will never, ever be successful. So take the 3pts today and be happy by all means.....but expect to still be treading water in three years.

Son didn't have the impact of Martial but it was good for him to have a run out.. I'm sure he will settle in to the English game sooner rather than later..

Back
Top Bottom