Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Brilliant tactics today and depth of squad.

On another day we would have won 17-0.
Dominated for 90 minutes, and Lamela didnt get a rabona but he did get an assist.
Chaldi was like Zlatan today, and Son showing those concerned that there is no way we have signed another expensive little pansy.
Never looked like conceding, just magical.

Loved that, wish the injury time was 25 minutes, now what will I do? Actually I think I will wank over that win.

Chadli*

As admittedly, one of Townsends biggest critics, he made a hell of a difference. Used correctly, he was good today. Seemed to have a few semi-opporunties to hit when he usually would have, and instead propped some good balls to both posts.

Lamella, looked quite ok. Lovely assist for the goal. Mason growing into the best run maker in the team.

Pretty scrappy win. But I give no fucks. Game had nil-nil written all over it, until the subs.

I'd let Dier have sex with me without a condom... Without buying me dinner.

awful performance for the most part, and while it does bother and worry me, i'm just relieved we have a win, that will do for now but we seriously have to improve or we are in for a tough old season

I think its ironic that it was a win that has put the final nail in the coffin for me regarding Poch and Levy.
Both can fuck off. We are an awful, awful side, who play atrocious football as a norm.
Fucking abysmal.

With regards to all the calls of "We will be much better with Eriksen" and this that and the next thing, would we really? Our problem there was a lack of real creativity and clear cut chances. We had nobody with any idea how to make a goal until Lamela came on, and that's not because of his amazing ability as a footballer.

I think a serious look needs to be cast at our tactics and this "heavy press" which has failed to see us cement wins. I'd much rather we dropped a little deeper and our players had more space in front of them to run into, something that N'Jie and Son will be adept at, and something that will probably suit Lamela and Townsend as well. Playing deeper would also stop the isolation of Kane so long as he learns to pass the ball.

I've said all along that I don't particularly rate Chadli and todays game sums up why. When he scores he is great, when he doesn't he is anonymous. And sadly, being great 7 games and anonymous the other 31 isn't going to cut it over a season.

Either way, Poch made some subs which changed our style and added some creativity, but our hoping we can catch the ball high up and score a goal as our only actual philosophy is pointless.

How many times were we carved open today by the team most likely to be relegated this season? It's not good enough and I for one think this high line bullshit needs to stop.

Amazing how a goal can change people's view of a game.
Terrible football, just completely nothing about us.
When it's a must win game, 3 points is all that matters I suppose. 3 more points closer to that 40 point mark.

I think its ironic that it was a win that has put the final nail in the coffin for me regarding Poch and Levy.
Both can fuck off. We are an awful, awful side, who play atrocious football as a norm.
Fucking abysmal.
its frustrating I agree,
Fucking abysmal.
its frustrating to see us play like that I agree, but I think its far too early to even contemplate poch going, and sadly, levy is going nowhere until he decides he wants out, im just clinging to the everton game right now, it did show we can play good football against good teams, we have to work on consistency though, I definitely think there is an air of complacency when we play these kind of sides

Back
Top Bottom